Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: N00b Plat Question

In epona, avg chest price is 25k .. but some ppl may pay more if they are desperate
I definitely sold for much more (over 2x) than this. If not in a rush for gold, I would recommend holding out for a period when there are no chests available on market and sell for well over 25k. If you need cash quick, 25k is probably what you will get, but imo you are selling for a significant loss right now. Just my experience so far...

Many on Epona are currently looking for chests 25k each, that’s an easy 1m gold for you. Definitely invest in some lux jewelry/weapons (I recommend heroic ammy and masters grim) and use the remaining gold for energy sigils/expansions/any elixirs you might need like exps.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Buy chests, sell chests, buy energy sigs
It must of already been mentioned but the starter pack is pretty good for the expansions. Other than that the chests and reselling is the best option. Don't buy the sigils from the plat store, u get a better deal from players at the auction house. Then just spend the gold from the chests on things that u need only. Well this is what I do anyway and it works well for me

Ok, now that I looked into chests, it's obviously the best option and I really have to agree that sigils are one of the best investments to make as they benefit you forever and solve energy issues.

Just to put it out there, as long as chests sell for the biggest plat/gold ratio, it will always save you money, plat, time, whatever/everything to buy chests, then resell them and use the gold to buy what ever you need. As Romeo said.

Just as an example, if you sell 10 event chests for a total of 300k which goes to 400plat : 300k gold. Now, you spend that gold on sigils at 50k a crate (10 sigils) that's 6 crates which totals up to 480plat. So you just saved yourself 80 plat or 60k gold if you use it to sell chests. So basically you want to watch out, if you sell a chest for 30k and buy a sigil crate for 60k (or just double), you might as well just buy the sigils with plat. I know it's pretty simple I just thought I'd put it up here.

I'm not sure about backpack expansions, but I usually see bank expansions going for 2k each, and you can get better deals, so it doesn't seem worth it to me to get expansions with plat as bank does essentially the same thing if pack is too expensive.

I'm not sure about backpack expansions, but I usually see bank expansions going for 2k each, and you can get better deals, so it doesn't seem worth it to me to get expansions with plat as bank does essentially the same thing if pack is too expensive.
some servers backpack expands are pretty rare unfortunately, and as such sometimes players need to buy these. On arawn I know they went up to 30k each at one point, making the cheap plat price a tempting counter offer.

Other than that though Sam summed it up perfectly, chests for gold is the easiest way to use plat to advance a toon in this game. Opening the chests is a lot of fun, but point blank its gambling and I would recommend saving that for those with more gold than they know what to do with.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

some servers backpack expands are pretty rare unfortunately, and as such sometimes players need to buy these. On arawn I know they went up to 30k each at one point, making the cheap plat price a tempting counter offer.

Other than that though Sam summed it up perfectly, chests for gold is the easiest way to use plat to advance a toon in this game. Opening the chests is a lot of fun, but point blank its gambling and I would recommend saving that for those with more gold than they know what to do with.
I don't see why people need pack expansions though. If your organized, (and I'm not that organized) bank space effectively does the exact same thing, which is hold on to items, for whatever reason, and keep them for later while being able to fast travel around. Everyone does bounties (and gladiators?) plus you can check the auction at the same time. It's only a few seconds extra every time anytime you ley to just hit the castle first. I personally only need to make a couple detours a day with a 25 capacity, though I do make a couple trash runs on top of that. It's not even worth the time to find pack expansions for me, never mind the gold.

I don't see why people need pack expansions though. If your organized, (and I'm not that organized) bank space effectively does the exact same thing, which is hold on to items, for whatever reason, and keep them for later while being able to fast travel around. Everyone does bounties (and gladiators?) plus you can check the auction at the same time. It's only a few seconds extra every time anytime you ley to just hit the castle first. I personally only need to make a couple detours a day with a 25 capacity, though I do make a couple trash runs on top of that. It's not even worth the time to find pack expansions for me, never mind the gold.
Hotswapping items for example, excess fashion you want to carry
or for lazy people like me, my arawn mage had over 1200 item slots and usually had anywhere between 750-850 items on me
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Sams right the bp expansions aren't really needed because for the reasons you said, but for me that's the only thing I bought out of convienience. Mind u that's when they was about 1-3k. Other than that I only bought what I really needed. The games been around for a long time and most likely will be around for a long time still, so over the years I've been hoarding more and more items even things that I won't use. At a low level anyone would prolly be good with just the beginners pack but at more lateish game an investment in bp expansions might be worth it, if u feel u need them.

I started playing this game on Valentines Day (about a week ago) and I have fallen in love. Really enjoy the game and happy to support the product by spending some cash and purchasing plat. So my question: How should I spend my $50/1600 plat as a new player?

Some current info:
-Playing a Druid on Epona server
-Around level 60 at this time
-Spending a lot of time waiting for Energy Regen, despite putting ~10+ pts in meditate.
-Bringing some friends irl to the game and I am ahead of them, so not in a rush to level for end game at this time.
-I have like...no place to put anything in this game... Probably need bank space first thing?

Thanks for the info!

I play Epona and periodically buy plat. I sent a pm. I can try to meet up with you in game and see if I can help.
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.