Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Drop rates

Fyi for anyone confused. This is the rule. Doesn't say anything about where these "drop rates" are supposed to be disclosed to my knowledge just that they are supposed to disclose them to "customers" prior to purchase.
Yeah, I tried to hit that in my post (didn't provide the image, so thanks for that!)

Because it says to disclose them to the customers prior to purchase, my guess is that it would need to be immediately available to the customer before they click "Buy" (3a, 3b, 3c). However, that's my interpretation. Apple may have a different idea.
I agree that an easier option would be to just make them available somewhere online (3d), but it may or may not satisfy Apple.
I'm not an attorney but I do have one I could ask lol
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Fyi for anyone confused. This is the rule. Doesn't say anything about where these "drop rates" are supposed to be disclosed to my knowledge just that they are supposed to disclose them to "customers" prior to purchase.

Yeah, I tried to hit that in my post (didn't provide the image, so thanks for that!)

Because it says to disclose them to the customers prior to purchase, my guess is that it would need to be immediately available to the customer before they click "Buy" (3a, 3b, 3c). However, that's my interpretation. Apple may have a different idea.
I agree that an easier option would be to just make them available somewhere online (3d), but it may or may not satisfy Apple.
Also I think some people are missing the broader point of this rule. It's not made for VR or really an issue of non compliance . It's a rule specifically to protect consumers.

Apps are required to follow the Apple review guidelines.
I completely agree, and I don't think I was arguing the opposite....but in case you didn't catch it from the book I wrote ( :? ) my point is that Apple decides what does or does not follow its guidelines, not random app users. It may be extremely obvious to many people that Celtic Heroes does not follow the guidelines, but if Apple doesn't see the situation the same way, nothing needs to be done.

Either way, now that Lorhad was kind enough to get in touch with Apple, we might find out in the next couple weeks. If no news comes out, then it will be obvious that Apple swept it under the rug and doesn't have an issue with the current situation. If VR has to start making changes, we will find out sometime before the next update (if Apple requires something to be done before the next build is released).
It’s in the apple guidelines, VR are not following the guidelines. That is not allowed. There’s tens of thousands of Apps in the App Store I don’t expect apple to check through every one. Doesn’t change the fact they are breaking the guidelines clear and simple. You don’t have to defend VR when they’re clearly in the wrong here.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Nothing will ever be done about it. I’m pretty sure there are some other games I used to play that never released loot box drop rates either. Plus no one even knows if apple enforces this rule to a large extent... they probably just did it to give themselves a good name because everyone was against it at the time, now nobody really cares
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I read a bit about this online and my thoughts are there guidelines not rules. Guidelines are like saying u should follow this but u don't really have to, whereas if it's a rule it's like law. In china it's a law but I'm sure everywhere else it's just a guideline. But..who would really stop buying chests if the drop rate was rediculasly low? I think everyone already knows the drop rates are ridiculously low but they still buy chests, I don't think knowing these rates will change a thing

I read a bit about this online and my thoughts are there guidelines not rules. Guidelines are like saying u should follow this but u don't really have to, whereas if it's a rule it's like law. In china it's a law but I'm sure everywhere else it's just a guideline. But..who would really stop buying chests if the drop rate was rediculasly low? I think everyone already knows the drop rates are ridiculously low but they still buy chests, I don't think knowing these rates will change a thing
Exactly, VR doesn’t have to worry about anything unless if more governments step in. Apple most likely doesn’t care because people buying loot boxes with iTunes or whatever puts money in their pocket. Everyone who brings up this lame topic might as well stop, it won’t go anywhere. If you’re so obsessed over this and knowing the drop rates, (even though it’s completely pointless and kids/those with addictions won’t be stopped by a few numbers), take it to the courts.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

This statement is 100% false. I think you have no clue how any of this works. So you are implying that they don't have to follow the "loot boxes disclosure agreement" but others do. Lol. Why was Nintendo and square enix apps updates halted then if that was the case. I know many apps that don't follow google play guidelines. They just need to be reported so Google or apple are ware of the problem.

Exactly, VR doesn’t have to worry about anything unless if more governments step in. Apple most likely doesn’t care because people buying loot boxes with iTunes or whatever puts money in their pocket. Everyone who brings up this lame topic might as well stop, it won’t go anywhere. If you’re so obsessed over this and knowing the drop rates, (even though it’s completely pointless and kids/those with addictions won’t be stopped by a few numbers), take it to the courts.
It's not a government issue. It doesn't say only "china" or only residents of "Kazakhstan" have to be disclosed. They are literally apple guidelines all developers have to follow or they apps may get pulled from store or unable to update. Just because nothing has happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

Nothing will ever be done about it. I’m pretty sure there are some other games I used to play that never released loot box drop rates either. Plus no one even knows if apple enforces this rule to a large extent... they probably just did it to give themselves a good name because everyone was against it at the time, now nobody really cares
Actually they do enforce this rule. All you have to do is look it up.

Actually they do enforce this rule. All you have to do is look it up.
Key word: MUST