Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Death of the Event Chests

Idk about you but in 5-6 years i always remember one item chests...just me?

Same in my 4-5 years. Also no memory of chests with any chance for 4 drops
Curiosity of how many chests in those years have you actually opened? In my 7 yrs it’s been well over 14k chests ($500 every event, 2x a yr double plat) as I forget how many yrs had 4 events per year, and can’t account for the winning plat after initial purchases. I would post the pics I have of the chests with 4 winners, it wasn’t many, but was how the theory of the event / special item was a 4th tier win. Kind of like playing - 4 windowed slot machine. Regardless the point at hand is the rate of the drops have been diminished from what was. The verbiage was also written slightly different than how it reads now, only a subtle change of 1 or 2 words and of course meaning something different now. It might be that it’s now is as it was always intended and the prior years were glitched. Wish I still had the photos from back then but I have changed devices 2x for the one that had the photos. I am old so memory is failing some, but I’m not the only one who has noticed, and those who have notice now no longer play as of the previous chests, and they spent more than I. Token rates back then were also much much better, 100 chest 3 mount and 3 pets... not even close to the old chests, used to be about a 1;5 chest dropped a pet/mount token. Maybe it also the fact of the increased drop table (more possible items that can drop) is effecting the perception, as the lixes / pots are also about half.
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

Curiosity of how many chests in those years have you actually opened? In my 7 yrs it’s been well over 14k chests ($500 every event, 2x a yr double plat) as I forget how many yrs had 4 events per year, and can’t account for the winning plat after initial purchases. I would post the pics I have of the chests with 4 winners, it wasn’t many, but was how the theory of the event / special item was a 4th tier win. Kind of like playing - 4 windowed slot machine. Regardless the point at hand is the rate of the drops have been diminished from what was. The verbiage was also written slightly different than how it reads now, only a subtle change of 1 or 2 words and of course meaning something different now. It might be that it’s now is as it was always intended and the prior years were glitched. Wish I still had the photos from back then but I have changed devices 2x for the one that had the photos. I am old so memory is failing some, but I’m not the only one who has noticed, and those who have notice now no longer play as of the previous chests, and they spent more than I. Token rates back then were also much much better, 100 chest 3 mount and 3 pets... not even close to the old chests, used to be about a 1;5 chest dropped a pet/mount token. Maybe it also the fact of the increased drop table (more possible items that can drop) is effecting the perception, as the lixes / pots are also about half.
Admittedly I only opened a few hundred chests over the whole course of my CH career, and of those, very few were from the real events that took place before Legacy content. Admittedly, I don't think I've seen anyone who thinks there haven't been diminishing returns as of late. I believe the whole community is in agreement that you definitely got more bang for your buck during those older events. It's even possible that the developers could provide evidence to the contrary, but players at the very least certainly felt that they were getting a better deal in the earlier days.
killface lvl 155 Rogue of Balor
General of EXODUS

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeZxVGzZCT1maDiO_iPo9dA

Mirdon lvl 200+ Mage of Epona

Clan Pantheon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Admittedly I only opened a few hundred chests over the whole course of my CH career, and of those, very few were from the real events that took place before Legacy content. Admittedly, I don't think I've seen anyone who thinks there haven't been diminishing returns as of late. I believe the whole community is in agreement that you definitely got more bang for your buck during those older events. It's even possible that the developers could provide evidence to the contrary, but players at the very least certainly felt that they were getting a better deal in the earlier days.
Meh. Aeon chests were in my opinion the last good chests released, probably because I was able to get two mount out of like 120 or so chests (I don’t remember the amount). The chance for aeon items were high and they were loads of fun to open... now days the chests are so crammed with items that finding something you want is extremely difficult.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I agree. These new chests keep getting lower drop rates for things we need esp mount tokens. Spirit mounts come out and mount tokens because harder to get from chests. Not too nice spending money to get absolutely nothing you need.

Also, seems like since they got rid of aeon chests, new chests are being made with more items and more fash a new egg, and then the aeon chest crammed in there as well and drop rates are ridiculous.

I think there needs to be an Aeon chest by itself or have Firebreathe chest and new chest for Phoenix egg. Make things fair to get not 1 in a million chance to get a dragon or Phoenix egg. Practically impossible to get max dragon or phoenix

Ive probably opend a couple thousand in 5-6 years...combination of every chest type. And tbh chest drops arent a big issue imo. Not right now
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Ive probably opend a couple thousand in 5-6 years...combination of every chest type. And tbh chest drops arent a big issue imo. Not right now
It is an issue since the buying plat and then the chests, still is what pays the bills. I do agree there are still some other major issues needing addressed, but that’s another topic
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more