Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unity 2018 Beta Details - Discussion Thread

What is that UI tho :?
Try taking the images out of quotes, so the page doesn't get 10 times longer :?

That is a new UI that VR has been working on recently. There was a lot of negative feedback in the beta...I think the overwhelming consensus from testers is that it needs a lot of work to be intuitive and usable, so I'm assuming VR is going to redesign it based on feedback, then possibly include it in a future update.

A few notes that aren't obvious from the screenshot:
1. Tapping the minimap now opens up the actual map, which is one of the changes I quite like
2. Item and skill cooldowns are now displayed by a red (or white in some cases) border around the skill.
The shop looks exactly off of order and chaos UI. Way too blocky imo. And we really dont need circles around skills lol.

Don’t have access to the beta feedback section, apparently.

Not sure if anyone had posted already, but in phase 3, it seemed that the UI has become unresponsive to the different width of devices.

Phase 1 & 2 were responsive and stretched from end to end of the iPhone XS Max. Though my only feedback here, would be to add maybe a quarter of an inch of space on both sides so that brushing fingers don’t get in the way of gameplay.

• Phase 3 seemed to revert back to an iPhone SE’s dimensions.

“Unresponsive”.

• Not sure if this got fixed in phase 2 or 3, but ah also ate items. After they disappeared in phase 1 without a notice, I didn’t attempt again.

• Think I saw someone post this- active combo icon disappears.

• Phoenix Eggs were listed as tokens rather than a stable item, such as that of a dragon egg.

• if you place chests in the hot bar, then spam click it 3 times, the only way you’ll be able to exit out of the chest UI is by relaunching CH.

• In addition the UI snot being “responsive,” in phase 3, you cannot zoom in/out on gameplay.

• Phase 1&2 came with displacement bugs for iPhone XS MAX. Example: when placing a skill in the hot bar, you had to drag it over to the far left box, for it to go in the far right box.
Same bug applied to emotes. I couldn’t ever sit, it would always perform the emote above.

In phase 3, with iPhone XS MAX, you cannot use any emote. Not sure if this bug was because I was mounted on a spirit war horse, or if it was a UI bug. I did see other players able to sit, one of them playing on iPhone SE.

I’ll add more as I remember anything.
CROM-
Level 210 Rogue -2knives
Level 183 Mage - FireBult
SoulsIgnited Guardian

About the UI. For me the way the bold circles are around the skills make it look like it cuts a lot of the screen off (hard to explain), before u could still kind of see behind the skills so it gave the illusion of the screen being bigger but now u may as well dump a box there to put the skills into. Also, idk about others but I place my thumb at the edge/corner of the screen when I'm using the direction button, again just because I get to see more of a view, with where u put the social buttons it looks like you've had to move the v-pad over a little so I'm guessing my thumb will get more in the way of the view now. Is that a floating virtual joystick though? Oh man I hope it is, I requested one of these time ago, it looks much better than the static joysticks.

About the UI. For me the way the bold circles are around the skills make it look like it cuts a lot of the screen off (hard to explain), before u could still kind of see behind the skills so it gave the illusion of the screen being bigger but now u may as well dump a box there to put the skills into. Also, idk about others but I place my thumb at the edge/corner of the screen when I'm using the direction button, again just because I get to see more of a view, with where u put the social buttons it looks like you've had to move the v-pad over a little so I'm guessing my thumb will get more in the way of the view now. Is that a floating virtual joystick though? Oh man I hope it is, I requested one of these time ago, it looks much better than the static joysticks.
The UI has been changed back to the current UI we have in game now.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

The spectral mounts are giving me an OaC vibe.
The fashion, mounts, and pets all give me a OaC vibe. None of it even looks like it belongs in CH tbh, way to flashy.
I just mean the new stuff, the old stuff looks fine to me :p
If my opinion meant anything id just say do away with the spectral mounts and slap a shop in castle with Nimbus 2000 for 1mil (70% mount with regen and skill). Or BETTER YET, a flying pig mount, like what they had in the spy kids movie. 5% is just a normal flying pig, then u can get to get different colored wings and breeds the higher percent. Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, a new rare mount type (not so rare that like only the elites get) but like 5-10% drop chance from chests, you get whatever mount VR designs, but, you get to customize it in whatever colors u want. (I think of Rocket League car customizations when i imagine this even though its way far never gonna happen.)
Last edited by Sly Shadows on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn