Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

How does middleman trading work?

I've read multiple articles and watched a video on it, but I'm still confused about the process.

Does the middleman trade the items to a character on another server?

Re: How does middleman trading work?

I've read multiple articles and watched a video on it, but I'm still confused about the process.

The middleman holds the items, so the person you are trading with doesn’t scam you. This doesn’t always work, seeing as the middleman can scam you too...the idea is to get widely trusted player to be the middleman, so they aren’t as likely to scam you.

So let’s say Player A on server A wants to trade some items on server A for some items from player B on server B.

Players A and B will agree on a good middleman on server A or B to hold the items from one of the players, let’s say middleman is on server B, so they hold the items that player A will be getting. Then, player B logs onto server A, player A gives player B player A’s stuff, then player A logs onto server B, and gets player B’s stuff from middleman.

The idea is that without the middleman, player A would give items to player B on server A, but if player A logs onto server B afterwards, player B may not give player A the agreed upon items. Like I said, the middleman idea doesn’t always work, sometimes the middleman scams ya, it’s just something to try and avoid.

:geek:

The one thing to keep in mind is that nothing can be transferred from one server to another, so to get stuff on another server is a very risky business, that is easy to be scammed by.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So there is no way to transfer my gold on one of my characters, to another character of mine in another server?
There is no official in game method. You’re only option is to try and find someone willing to trade gold the exact same way but in reverse. For example,

You have 10k on server A, someone else has 10k on server B. You give them your 10k on server A, they give you their 10k on server B.

I’d recommend posting in the server subforum that you want the gold transferred to, and just say something along the lines of “I’m from server —— and I want to trade gold to here. PM me if you want to trade.

There’s no guarantee you will find someone able to help you, since that would require the other player wanting to move to another serverm and it also depends on the amount you want to transfer, but it’s worth a shot.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Those of us who are willing to operate as middlemen know that our rep is on the line when we facilitate these trades and, for me, I can tell you that I treat the items in escrow. The other thing that I do is that if you go first on server X, then I will release the items to you first on server Y.

Another tip, trusted middlemen May charge a percentage of the trade, but if they don’t, they always appreciate a thoughtful gratuity for their time. ;)
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Short answer, it rarely does work. A good chunk of people who offer to middleman or trade across servers are scammers. This is why otm and now VR have advised to be careful doing this or not do it at all.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

So there is no way to transfer my gold on one of my characters, to another character of mine in another server?
There is but it's costly. You can buy chests with ur gold on server a and hope u get a bunch of platinum in chests. Platinum can be used across any server. I don't advise this unless u think u never want to play on a given server.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

I’ve been the middleman of many trades, it’s actually quite simple.

Choose someone who has a rep that is far too valuable for them to scam you.

Game definitely does need some sort of plat item/gold transfer though.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Trusted middlemen really are extremely hard to find, i find it better to pm forum members who have a very well known rep. Because in that case, its always good to get evidence of pms, trades etc, therefore if they scam you they lose everything to. But more times than not if you find someone from forums like Toothpick or Zyz or Armo they wouldnt because they know how much rep means in this community. Best to trust those who do it very often unlike me whos done it twice for 15mil, rip, but screw that thing, so obnoxious to do and meddlesome
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Heres the best advice I can give you.

Either trade in small amounts(for a 1m trade, do 100k at a time, so if you get scammed you only lose 1/10th of the amount).

Or get a middleman who has something to lose. Most clans I saw don't care about scammers, so don't use being a high level as a trustable quality. They could easily brush you off, saying its not true, and people would believe someone whos been in the server for a while over a random level 1. Basically, anyone could scam you, but I think people who have more money are less likely to scam, as they have less of a reason to, and the gain wouldn't be as big. Most scammers I've seen don't have that much, and they either do it out of desperation or as a job. And always take some evidence when you are doing it just incase. VR should have access to chat logs, but it's nice to have other evidence as well.

If you can't find anyone else, find me on lugh and I'll help you out, free of charge.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr