Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unity 2018 Beta Details - Discussion Thread

Hello Heroes,

The Unity 2018 Beta will begin on Sunday, November 4th, 2018 (Around 9PM PDT if everything goes well). Those who signed up for the beta will receive an email very soon with instructions on how to download the new client. You will create new characters on either of the two beta servers, so we encourage to play with your friends and clan members.

Beta Status: Phase 2!
Patch Notes will be released once beta is available.

Phase 1:
In Phase 1, our goal is to focus only on looking for visual defects and glitches from the Unity 2018 update. Players are immune to damage, have all of the leystones unlocked and increased movement speed, so we encourage you to run around and scour the world of Dal Riata looking for issues and then report them in our Bug Reports section (access only to those in the beta test): Unity Beta Bug Reports

Phase 2:
After Phase 1, damage is re-enabled and players will be focused on testing basic game mechanics and low-level testing. Changes have been made to the tutorial and first few levels, so we're looking for feedback and bug reports on combat, new UI, etc.

Phase 3:
Details to be revealed at a later date.

Check back to this post regularly as we may update this post with more information as we acquire it. Want to participate in the beta? Submit your application here: https://goo.gl/forms/bnvOz2R35tilcpRv2

Is it too late now to join beta ? I had an account on Highland Warriors, could I still log with that one ?

OMG.. lol do u mean that we will start from lvl 1 again
no no please i dont want to repeat all those months again
i had some amazing friends that gave me great gears and stuffs
and even money to do my things
so i want to say that starting from zero will make the millioners in game mad and they might lose all the real money they payed to progress up
It's only for beta. ...
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Hello, i am in beta but for some reason i dont have authority to post in beta bug report section which link is provided above in the post.
Please can you add me to it so that i can post the bugs I encountered. Thank you.
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Since I can't access the actual beta forum, here is a screenshot of what is on my screen. I play on Android, Droid Turbo 2. The Android menu bar is permanently stuck on my screen in the Celtic heroes beta, and offsets the screen and text. Can this be fixed please? I don't have the problem on the regular app, just beta.

Also changing the layout in phase 3 didn't help my problem with the bar being up.

Disappearing combo bug

As I have once again lost authorisation to the beta forum, I will post the bug I have found here. I’m sorry if this is a repeat post but as I can’t check the forums I do not know whether this bug is known or not.

Issue: lix not appearing as being used on screen. I equipped a combo to defeat the arena gladiator. Yet this lix did not appear below the health/energy bar like usual. I clicked the place where the icon would normally appear and the description box was displayed, yet no icon emerged(as seen in screenshot)
Device: IPhone 6s on iOS 12.1
Steps to recreate: Use a super combination elixir.
Screenshot:

Since I can't access the actual beta forum, here is a screenshot of what is on my screen. I play on Android, Droid Turbo 2. The Android menu bar is permanently stuck on my screen in the Celtic heroes beta, and offsets the screen and text. Can this be fixed please? I don't have the problem on the regular app, just beta.

Also changing the layout in phase 3 didn't help my problem with the bar being up.
What is that UI tho :?

What is that UI tho :?
Try taking the images out of quotes, so the page doesn't get 10 times longer :?

That is a new UI that VR has been working on recently. There was a lot of negative feedback in the beta...I think the overwhelming consensus from testers is that it needs a lot of work to be intuitive and usable, so I'm assuming VR is going to redesign it based on feedback, then possibly include it in a future update.

A few notes that aren't obvious from the screenshot:
1. Tapping the minimap now opens up the actual map, which is one of the changes I quite like
2. Item and skill cooldowns are now displayed by a red (or white in some cases) border around the skill.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!