Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unity 2018 beta

Graphics are great but there needs to be a discussion about gameplay as well that's all I'm saying, it's just as important. Yes Tadaaah and others have hit and miss on these issues, I'm not angry lol but let's not forget these issues also, would hate to see them float on down the river
As for the discussion and the things tadaaah specifically said I can't confirm them as I'm not VR haha. I can say that the beta isn't over and we still haven't gotten to the mystery phase 3 of beta, who knows what else they added/changed/removed. Targeting what was specifically stated by tadaaah it was a game plan for VR that was something they planned on doing, plus I wouldn't think they require much testing to even be in the beta. Guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm not saying they will do some amazing stuff but with how they have handled stuff so far I am definitely willing to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Yeah same, we'll see

Dear god just why not read the actual TOPICS DEPICTING THE PURPOSE AND THE FUTURE PLANS OF UNITY 2018 THAT VR HAS IN STORE FOR THE FUTURE OF THE GAME?

(*Asks for offhand axe changed*)

Tadaaah (idk who but just an admin i know, specifically Tadaaah probs didnt say this): ‘’We will be able to change and update many more things once Unity 2018 is fully inplemented.’’

(*Updates Unity*)

Literally everyone: ‘’VR is trash’’

Like is it this hard to be polite to VR? VR can you guys just end Unity 2018? Focus on the small events that we need or the minimal amount of things you can do with Unity 2014. We can accept that. Obviously many others dont want Unity 2018 since its taken a while longer than the players want to update 4 years worth of backedup data/updates whatever it is. In my personal opinion i think Unity update was the perfect way to go about this, thinking about what needs to be done and besides, if CH has run 4 years behind and still some updates has come out, can probably assume Unity 2018 will last a few years.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Since it was obviously too much work to hit Control F on ur computer or hit the search button and type in ‘Unity’ for the topics for information.

Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Dear god just why not read the actual TOPICS DEPICTING THE PURPOSE AND THE FUTURE PLANS OF UNITY 2018 THAT VR HAS IN STORE FOR THE FUTURE OF THE GAME?

(*Asks for offhand axe changed*)

Tadaaah (idk who but just an admin i know, specifically Tadaaah probs didnt say this): ‘’We will be able to change and update many more things once Unity 2018 is fully inplemented.’’

(*Updates Unity*)

Literally everyone: ‘’VR is trash’’

Like is it this hard to be polite to VR? VR can you guys just end Unity 2018? Focus on the small events that we need or the minimal amount of things you can do with Unity 2014. We can accept that. Obviously many others dont want Unity 2018 since its taken a while longer than the players want to update 4 years worth of backedup data/updates whatever it is. In my personal opinion i think Unity update was the perfect way to go about this, thinking about what needs to be done and besides, if CH has run 4 years behind and still some updates has come out, can probably assume Unity 2018 will last a few years.
Funny how my opinion is pure trash but you said "In my personal opinion" so you have your own opinion on this issue, and anyone who disagrees is a total dunce right? I'm not bashing your opinions I just disagree, idk why you're getting angry, i don't stay camped up here 24/7 so I miss a few things here and there but for the general part my point was that lets not forget that theirs other issues than just graphics people want. I really haven't directed 1 word of hate toward VR idk where you're getting that from, I'm glad they took over things are finally getting done, and other things hopefully not forgotten

Clearly, I dont get the hype, nothing's really changing so it'll be another year or so before any real content, same logging for mord necro prot ect ect and BT if we can manage to get 50+ on at one time, and if not then my only other option is xfer to another server so we can kill BT 3 times a week instead of one week for no helmet chance and mediocre necks and no changes to warrior offy (skill) and it's also weak as it is, the least evaluated offy during the CG update and poorly designed, Giant swing? Just the way it is, I wish I was excited but I can't say I am for this, need to hear whats next, been playing 4 years and only change I've seen is CG which gives rarely gives any good prizes from faction quest which takes 2 men and a boy to kill a faction boss and guess what, if your server is too weak, the only viable option is to leave your home server and make a strong one stronger just to kill Bloodthorn, instead of making a cool boss or new legacy all servers or nearly all can kill and get good drops with regularity
Would you rather have progress or have the game updateless, unity 2018 is a passing point towards future updates.
If the games mechanics aren't working for you no one's forcing you to stick with it.
Phew for a second there I thought someone was forcing me to stick with it, I'll act like everything is perfectly fine apologies for bringing issues most of us share to light (yet again) in hopes they'll be fixed, also posted about a +220 weapon shop, warrior weapons choice not just sword or bust (DL/EDL), and also posted about changing the warrior weapon offy from GS to pummel, it was supposed to possibly be included in this update per Tadaaah yet I've heard nothing, not really off topic its all coming full circle with this update, thus putting out my opinion like everyone else, don't like it? Oh well
Also that's correct maybe time to find another game.
Yes you're complaining about things that have already been brought up and look where we are, we've reached beta, you clearly dont know the difference between an engine update and a content update.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Please remember to keep it civil and not attack each other!

Currently, the Unity 2018 update is in beta and we're getting lots of great info from the testers. It's helping our team identify things we didn't anticipate or missed because of our smaller team. The update covers more than just visual changes, but we'll have a full release patch notes once the update is public.

With the old engine as people have already said it was harder to update. If you think about it when the the Xbox came out developing for it was quite difficult once M$ changed it devs loved it, and the easy porting of games from widows to Xbox was almost seemless.

Once the new Unity is fully done updates should in theory be easier.
With in the beta which is suppose to be just a graphics test there are already some really nice changes, I don’t think they are allowed to be listed yet but it is good and please don’t assumed it is just a graphics update because it’s not. :).
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

With the old engine as people have already said it was harder to update. If you think about it when the the Xbox came out developing for it was quite difficult once M$ changed it devs loved it, and the easy porting of games from widows to Xbox was almost seemless.

Once the new Unity is fully done updates should in theory be easier.
With in the beta which is suppose to be just a graphics test there are already some really nice changes, I don’t think they are allowed to be listed yet but it is good and please don’t assumed it is just a graphics update because it’s not. :).
They said beta is open and feel free to share so if you can help shed a little light on the situation, please do. The little I've seen looks pretty cool. I doubt anybody can answer in regards to warrior offy but personally, I'm very interested in seeing that changed. Tiger mount?! I want one!

They said beta is open and feel free to share so if you can help shed a little light on the situation, please do. The little I've seen looks pretty cool. I doubt anybody can answer in regards to warrior offy but personally, I'm very interested in seeing that changed. Tiger mount?! I want one!
The only non graphical changes that I know of are the upcoming mounts (Tiger mounts are normal mounts, Spectral mounts are something special) and premium pet (Phoenixes look like they will replace Dragons in chests). More info about them will probably come out in a week or more whenever they are able to be tested.

For this current phase though, the only things that are being tested are the various maps, to see what has yet to be fixed from the upgrade.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The only non graphical changes that I know of are the upcoming mounts (Tiger mounts are normal mounts, Spectral mounts are something special) and premium pet (Phoenixes look like they will replace Dragons in chests). More info about them will probably come out in a week or more whenever they are able to be tested.

For this current phase though, the only things that are being tested are the various maps, to see what has yet to be fixed from the upgrade.
Could you explain what a "top tier primal mount" is? The pic i saw said one is required for such-n-such mount. Would that be a tier 6 brown bear or a tier 6 silver? Either or and the color dictates which color the new mount will be?