Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Radical Change needed for Celtic Heroes

I am angry at you Celtic Heroes!

I’m very disappointed that no Halloween event has been planned. No information has been given although stuff is possible. Why not increase Garanak, Osan or Urchaid spawns? Why not give us a few potions for free? Or give us a special colour of the spidersilk fashion. Yet we hear nothing? Or will you give us a ridiculous last minute notice again?

Game:
This game had so many players sitting on the edge of their chairs trying to lock bosses and experience the content and richness the Celtic Heroes brings with it but this has ended. You’ve reached your peak in 2014/2015 and ending the Seasonal Events ended many Heroes careers (aka Quit).

Cooking and Fishing have been nice additions however, you soon realize that this hobby costs a lot more gold then you initially wanted to spend. We have given you feedback and came up with other gold sinks but none have made it into the game. Why not?

Corrupted Gardens Expansion:
Although, Corrupted Gardens offers a variety of new challenges it did not flash me and this wasn’t the case for a lot of people too. When you see clans posting that they haven’t received a Helm on their 50th kill why should we bother? You claimed that CG (Lich & Reaver) can be killed with a small group but how can 8 characters break its shield? These Bosses rage on 8 players.

Now looking at individuals, I know there are people out there that enjoy being by themselves but CG is bringing no content for them in this expansion. Have you seen any character in your world who wears the new armor? It is ridiculous. Not even a weapon shop! You are losing people this way and/or forcing them to find clans that have such high expectations that will make you QUIT!

EDL:
CG also focuses on expanding on the EDL OH but how is this possible if Unox6 never spawns? Until now, no word has been said. Can we please have a boost on 6* EDL Bosses or do we ask too much?

Real Money:
I wonder after all this time how Celtic Heroes is able to make money still. By the day less and less chests are bought. Possibly because we’ve had the same chests for months? Several times, YOU said that YOU would make this game more pay to win but I see nothing again! It’s always been chests chests chests and it’s a rip off! I have to pay 120 Euros to even receive 4000 Plat. Plat has not even increased and I know that you can’t do anything about this but 120 Euro! C’mon! Why aren’t you helping out your customer?

Support:
Your Support is doing a wonderful job. My tickets are being answered and so are the tickets of my clan’s members.

New Community Manager:
Sorry for making an extra section but I feel like I don’t know you. Maybe it’s me but I feel the recent and fast changes of Community Managers have been too much for myself. I only just got used to Tadaaah and suddenly she went traveling. Now it’s up to us to build bridges again with the new Community Manager and I’m worried that in a month time he/she will be gone again. This is not what we want.
Further, the community is waiting for things to happen and not much is given to us. Although the developer diaries have been “better” I’m sure people would like a weekly update possibly. Why not show off what the team has made? Show us some textures, show us some drawings! Feed us with something at least!

There is much more I’d like to tell you Celtic Heroes and many more share these ideas too. I’m sure we can form a group that stays in touch with you and develops ideas that you can put into the game.

…but we need change before we all fade away.
Nightmaaarree
Unit & Colours

Re: Radical Change needed for Celtic Heroes

Before this gets deleted and or locked like the rest.

I couldnt agree more on all this. Sadly VR didnt really play much of a part in CG so itd be nice if theyd fix it a bit. As i see it was poorly executed. Carrowmore took less time and offers sooo much more. Same for otherworld. Very disappointed in CG as a whole.

Cooking is mad expensive. 800g per saffron is killing me when i got 3,000 salted anglers to cook. Thats 2.4m in saffrons just to level. Not to mention how inaccurate proficiency is.

I couldnt agree more on all this. Sadly VR didnt really play much of a part in CG so itd be nice if theyd fix it a bit. As i see it was poorly executed. Carrowmore took less time and offers sooo much more. Same for otherworld. Very disappointed in CG as a whole.

Cooking is mad expensive. 800g per saffron is killing me when i got 3,000 salted anglers to cook. Thats 2.4m in saffrons just to level. Not to mention how inaccurate proficiency is.
You are right this will probably get locked, or moved to the rants section. Can't even make statements if they are at all negative about the game. Seems they dont take criticism very well and automatically assume you are bashing the game. Also 800g per saffron is outrageous. But I wouldn't be using them to level unless you are rich.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

You are right this will probably get locked, or moved to the rants section. Can't even make statements if they are at all negative about the game. Seems they dont take criticism very well and automatically assume you are bashing the game. Also 800g per saffron is outrageous. But I wouldn't be using them to level unless you are rich.
I really wanna hit 200 cooking and got tons of gold to spare so. 13 lvls to go o.O not to mention the fish are costing me 500g ea from players atm cuz i havent leveled my fishing yet lol.

I really wanna hit 200 cooking and got tons of gold to spare so. 13 lvls to go o.O not to mention the fish are costing me 500g ea from players atm cuz i havent leveled my fishing yet lol.
I feel your pain. I'm about 160-165 but halfway on mastery and less than that on proficiency and sucks because my fishing ability is only 108 so the good stuff I can't really cook unless I buy.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

I feel your pain. I'm about 160-165 but halfway on mastery and less than that on proficiency and sucks because my fishing ability is only 108 so the good stuff I can't really cook unless I buy.
Ya and from what i gather the fishing is a huge gold sink too. My mastery is at 1800 atm which helps in lvlinf process a bit

I’m very disappointed that no Halloween event has been planned. No information has been given although stuff is possible. Why not increase Garanak, Osan or Urchaid spawns? Why not give us a few potions for free? Or give us a special colour of the spidersilk fashion. Yet we hear nothing? Or will you give us a ridiculous last minute notice again?

Game:
This game had so many players sitting on the edge of their chairs trying to lock bosses and experience the content and richness the Celtic Heroes brings with it but this has ended. You’ve reached your peak in 2014/2015 and ending the Seasonal Events ended many Heroes careers (aka Quit).

Cooking and Fishing have been nice additions however, you soon realize that this hobby costs a lot more gold then you initially wanted to spend. We have given you feedback and came up with other gold sinks but none have made it into the game. Why not?
Regarding there not being a Samhain event, I believe VR has been pretty open about their desire to put all hands on deck for the unity upgrade. They’ve said a few times as I recall that this change is critical and, while behind the curtain, needs to precede any game development that we get. The beta sign up went up for that so hopefully game development will come soon thereafter. But to me that seemed to be the reason for the lack of an event.

As far as seasonal events as they were before, I miss them too. They often involved new and fun content and made you figure out a new boss. But those events require a considerable amount of development and, for reasons know to VR, they made a change that led to a considerable development team being let go. It seems to me that if seasonal development was a challenge before Glasgow closed, it would be even less likely until The Thai office was fully staffed. And considering the amount of development required, the goal may be to create more permanent, rather than temporary, content.

Are fishing and cooking gold sinks? Yes. But it seems to me that is by design. Over the past six years, there’s been a huge amount of inflation in gold in most server economies. The Carrow/sewers/fingals expansion was a big bump in gold drops. The tower was an even bigger gold bump. Yet, the costs of items? Eh... pets were likely originally conceived to be an ongoing gold expense. But they really aren’t that much. Dragons are a bit more but still, 1200 an hour? Pretty sure I can get that back easily. So how does one get a functioning economy? By finding alternative ways for people to spend that gold, rather than trading back and forth the same old fashion. Fishing and cooking fill that void. They get endgame players to by xp and ability lixes (who knew??) and give people who like to level a new goal. Plus they can actually be helpful in the game itself by creating useful consumables. So, yes, they’re gold sinks, but maybe that’s a good thing.

Just an devil’s advocate argument...fwiw.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Game:

Regarding there not being a Samhain event, I believe VR has been pretty open about their desire to put all hands on deck for the unity upgrade. They’ve said a few times as I recall that this change is critical and, while behind the curtain, needs to precede any game development that we get. The beta sign up went up for that so hopefully game development will come soon thereafter. But to me that seemed to be the reason for the lack of an event.

As far as seasonal events as they were before, I miss them too. They often involved new and fun content and made you figure out a new boss. But those events require a considerable amount of development and, for reasons know to VR, they made a change that led to a considerable development team being let go. It seems to me that if seasonal development was a challenge before Glasgow closed, it would be even less likely until The Thai office was fully staffed. And considering the amount of development required, the goal may be to create more permanent, rather than temporary, content.

Are fishing and cooking gold sinks? Yes. But it seems to me that is by design. Over the past six years, there’s been a huge amount of inflation in gold in most server economies. The Carrow/sewers/fingals expansion was a big bump in gold drops. The tower was an even bigger gold bump. Yet, the costs of items? Eh... pets were likely originally conceived to be an ongoing gold expense. But they really aren’t that much. Dragons are a bit more but still, 1200 an hour? Pretty sure I can get that back easily. So how does one get a functioning economy? By finding alternative ways for people to spend that gold, rather than trading back and forth the same old fashion. Fishing and cooking fill that void. They get endgame players to by xp and ability lixes (who knew??) and give people who like to level a new goal. Plus they can actually be helpful in the game itself by creating useful consumables. So, yes, they’re gold sinks, but maybe that’s a good thing.

Just an devil’s advocate argument...fwiw.
I dont mind gold sinks. I just wish saffron would be lowered to atleast 500 per. Not 800

Completely agree with this, there’s been little of talk on what VR plan to do and even less of them actually doing it. We know they can Increase boss spawnrates and change droprates without unity update, so why haven’t they when it’s most requested by players? We haven’t had a mini event in months and other than the guaranteed imperial to BT (which is still trash droptable with almost half the items going unused) and the massive nerf to the quest that made levelling almost bearable for people who didn’t want to buy plat (and those that do) we’ve seen nothing.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Completely agree with this, there’s been little of talk on what VR plan to do and even less of them actually doing it. We know they can Increase boss spawnrates and change droprates without unity update, so why haven’t they when it’s most requested by players? We haven’t had a mini event in months and other than the guaranteed imperial to BT (which is still trash droptable with almost half the items going unused) and the massive nerf to the quest that made levelling almost bearable for people who didn’t want to buy plat (and those that do) we’ve seen nothing.
The downside of the mini events is that it both causes multiple server resets (which interrupts the flow of the game and a lot of people have been getting sick of), and also most people don't want to spend their weekends camping for bosses.

They can change drop rates...but just because players want something changed doesn't mean that VR will do it. They have their own ideas for the game and how it is meant to be done, and that doesn't always gel with what players think. I know that players occasionally tend to have a better idea of game metas than developers do, and I'm pretty sure the developers realize that, but there's one other issue....players are biased. They want what is best (in their opinion), whereas VR needs to think about the game as a whole. Even more then that, they need to think to the future. As far as I could tell, OTM was not planning on increasing the level cap anymore, and I sure hope VR feels the same way.
Because of that, there are limits in what endgame content can be added. I doubt they are going to focus all their permanent content on the 200+ range.... It's very likely that Bloodthorn was planned to be the last completely endgame boss for at least a couple years, while VR focuses on other universal content for all player ranges or on more content for mid levels.

The quest...eh. The debate about whether it was actually a bug or not could go on for years...the only ones who know the true answer are the developers, and they gave us their story already.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!