Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Remember the good old days

Honestly. After the engine update im sure things will begin to pump again for a year or two just like last huge engine update then we will have to wait another stale year for them to update engine again if the game lasts that long.

Remember the good old days of Celtic heroes when the developers could be bothered to do a Halloween event.
Yes, some people loved the seasonal events, other people didn't really care much for them. Like it or not, the company has decided to rotate away from doing full blown seasonal events, and to focus on permanent content. No amount of complaining will fix that...

Also, I've only said this about 50 times since July, but VR cannot release updates at this time. They literally can't do any seasonal things. The best they could do are mini events, and with rapid boss spawns not being very popular among the player base, all they could really do is some sort of exp or gold event. I think it would be great....but at the same time, it would take time away from the Unity upgrade beta prep.

Honestly. After the engine update im sure things will begin to pump again for a year or two just like last huge engine update then we will have to wait another stale year for them to update engine again if the game lasts that long.
They managed to last 4+ years on Unity 2014, that's not too bad. If they were to keep the engine updated yearly, it might cut out a few weeks to a month of development time every year. The only reason this upgrade is taking so long is because there is soooo much to update, plus all the optimizing for new devices like iPhone X.

Also, they have not been working (solely) on the Unity upgrade for a year...The initial announcement that they were focusing on it was made at the beginning of July, so it's been about 4 months (plus however much they did before announcing it. My guess is that they started the upgrade, realized how long it would take, then made the announcement). That period also wasn't completely focused on the upgrade as well, there were some mini events since then that I'm sure have taken time away from upgrading.

Feel free to have opinions on how long the game will last, but please...keep them to yourself, and stop sharing the doom and gloom. Celtic Heroes is not going to die off anytime soon. As far as I know, they are making plenty of money even with all the "plat boycotts" people are bragging about. They also have a decently sized player base, and while some people may be quitting for various reasons, there are still other people joining. If you want to discuss your own opinions about how the game is doing horribly, please don't bog down the general discussion. There is a Rants forum for unhelpful complaints ;)

VR has said that they want to start the beta for the new upgrade next week. That means that their entire focus is on getting the upgrade ready and working as well as possible. It wouldn't really make sense for them to run a weekend event while they are rushing to get the beta set up and running. Of course, I'm not them, I could be wrong and they may have something planned this weekend...in which case I hope they announce it soon.

tl;dr,
1. Be patient. Take a break from the game if you are unhappy with the speed things are moving at...complaining won't make it happen faster. If anything, it just causes more unhappiness.
2. Calm down with the doom and gloom.
3, Try reading other threads before making new threads about things that have been covered a dozen times already.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Remember the good old days of Celtic heroes when the developers could be bothered to do a Halloween event.
Yes, some people loved the seasonal events, other people didn't really care much for them. Like it or not, the company has decided to rotate away from doing full blown seasonal events, and to focus on permanent content. No amount of complaining will fix that...

Also, I've only said this about 50 times since July, but VR cannot release updates at this time. They literally can't do any seasonal things. The best they could do are mini events, and with rapid boss spawns not being very popular among the player base, all they could really do is some sort of exp or gold event. I think it would be great....but at the same time, it would take time away from the Unity upgrade beta prep.

They managed to last 4+ years on Unity 2014, that's not too bad. If they were to keep the engine updated yearly, it might cut out a few weeks to a month of development time every year. The only reason this upgrade is taking so long is because there is soooo much to update, plus all the optimizing for new devices like iPhone X.

Also, they have not been working (solely) on the Unity upgrade for a year...The initial announcement that they were focusing on it was made at the beginning of July, so it's been about 4 months (plus however much they did before announcing it. My guess is that they started the upgrade, realized how long it would take, then made the announcement). That period also wasn't completely focused on the upgrade as well, there were some mini events since then that I'm sure have taken time away from upgrading.

Feel free to have opinions on how long the game will last, but please...keep them to yourself, and stop sharing the doom and gloom. Celtic Heroes is not going to die off anytime soon. As far as I know, they are making plenty of money even with all the "plat boycotts" people are bragging about. They also have a decently sized player base, and while some people may be quitting for various reasons, there are still other people joining. If you want to discuss your own opinions about how the game is doing horribly, please don't bog down the general discussion. There is a Rants forum for unhelpful complaints ;)

VR has said that they want to start the beta for the new upgrade next week. That means that their entire focus is on getting the upgrade ready and working as well as possible. It wouldn't really make sense for them to run a weekend event while they are rushing to get the beta set up and running. Of course, I'm not them, I could be wrong and they may have something planned this weekend...in which case I hope they announce it soon.

tl;dr,
1. Be patient. Take a break from the game if you are unhappy with the speed things are moving at...complaining won't make it happen faster. If anything, it just causes more unhappiness.
2. Calm down with the doom and gloom.
3, Try reading other threads before making new threads about things that have been covered a dozen times already.
Blah blah.

Unfortunately theres been background actions going on thats been slowing down their process of developing the new engine. They couldve had finished much sooner. Something that is best not said in public.

I didnt say its going to die anytime soon. Every game ends up dying. Ive been here 7 years, and believe theres so much more possibilities that can be done and i have No doubt VR can execute them in a timely matter. Theyve already proven to be a tad bit more in the action of the players and i know very well that a lot more VR workers are actually playing the game End game unlike OTM.

Tadaah did a fantastic job being the messenger and im sure difinitus can be too once he is able to - as we are at a stalemate due to this engine update.

Their team is very very small. Maybe smaller than otm back in 2012 and the speed theyre doing the new engine is phenomenal no doubt. Lets hope rest of the updates and please.. please seasonal content again but i dont have my hopes up until of course they grow a bit - which they cant do if they dont have revenue coming in and due to the recent and current position game is. Theyre undoubtely not getting that same revenue they used to get and need to get.

I am fully aware of how they are right now but due to otm leaving a bad taste in many including myself - they end up getting backlash over it ESPECIALLY how it all went down. No official warning signs or anything. Just a literal snap like Thanos, lol.

We have enough of these kinds of posts. While I agree with you I would advise sticking to checking others posts first and commenting instead of making the same thread others make.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Locking post as it has been stated a few times already about why we were not able to create a new Halloween event this year. We're unable to update the client until (Halloween event) until we upgrade to Unity 2018. I did try and push for something, albeit small, but that would take focus away from the update and it's beta, which is right around the corner!