Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Will the bloom quest xp be higher ?

This is correct.

The latter statement is true too ;).
And this is one of my issues with this game. There are requests from the players that would make the game better and these get shuffled off but 'bugs' that help the players even slightly that do not involve in game purchases get dealt with quickly.

What are a few things the players have asked for? Raids that don't require a massive amount of toons. A less expensive pet. Skills balancing.

What did we get? A raid that requires 50+ toons. We got a dragon that is stupidly expensive. And 0 help with skills. We want something besides grinding and lixing on mobs. What did we get? Apparently a bug and that was taken away.

Stop being anti-player and throw us a bone.
+1

Personally, conspiracy or not, calling that a bug feels like an insult. Id rather VR said it was intentional nerf than a bug. It would be even smarter as a business. It would be a "bad" image to give that u "dont care" about us, but it would be the lesser of two evils between making a bad decision and making us feel lied to (even if we arent, ur a business, u know how ppl will react).
Careful you two. Gonna get a warning :roll:

And this is one of my issues with this game. There are requests from the players that would make the game better and these get shuffled off but 'bugs' that help the players even slightly that do not involve in game purchases get dealt with quickly.

What are a few things the players have asked for? Raids that don't require a massive amount of toons. A less expensive pet. Skills balancing.

What did we get? A raid that requires 50+ toons. We got a dragon that is stupidly expensive. And 0 help with skills. We want something besides grinding and lixing on mobs. What did we get? Apparently a bug and that was taken away.

Stop being anti-player and throw us a bone.
+1

Personally, conspiracy or not, calling that a bug feels like an insult. Id rather VR said it was intentional nerf than a bug. It would be even smarter as a business. It would be a "bad" image to give that u "dont care" about us, but it would be the lesser of two evils between making a bad decision and making us feel lied to (even if we arent, ur a business, u know how ppl will react).
Careful you two. Gonna get a warning :roll:
This feels like being back in school and constantly getting called into the principals office
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This is correct.

The latter statement is true too ;).
It wasn’t a bug. Idk why they would change when people like it. Only thing I can see is plat purchases which will benefit them But will probably reduce the amount of players that hit 200 or eg
The only people who can claim with 100% certainty that it was a bug are the developers. As the players, we may have our own thoughts and conspiracies about why things get changed, but they are not facts unless confirmed by the developers. If they say it was a bug, then it's a bug. There is literally no way that players can prove otherwise.

Don't misunderstand me, I liked the quest and exp amount...it got my alts from 195-200 after a few weeks of farming while watching movies or Youtube. However, bugs must be squashed, even the ones that benefit players....if something is not meant to be there, it shouldn't be.
Declaring it a bug is just so they don’t have to deal with repercussions for ‘fixing’ it. Any argument about botting (if they decide to take that path) would reflect pure laziness. Also if it’s a bug, why would they have looked for solutions about the botting not long ago?
Hi

It could very well have been an error in the code/quest entry (a bug) that didn't scale the xp correctly, leading VR to believe it was behaving correctly. As VR took over CH after Corrupted Gardens was released, its definitely possible this was considered intended by OTM.

Regarding all the other comments, this is the cycle seen throughout the game:

Stage 1: OTM/VR working on a big update, with minor changes along the way -- community: "Why don't we see any updates? Is anyone at OTM/VR ever working? Your timeline is whack, why don't you fix these issues?"

Stage 2: Update gets delayed by a few months -- community: "Never trust OTM/VR, the game is dead because they can't even fix simple issues. The playerbase is non-existent, endgame clans are struggling to kill Stonefang"

Stage 3: Update released -- community: "Wow! Love the content, great job OTM/VR!"

* 6 months of general complicity *

*back to Stage 1*
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

It could very well have been an error in the code/quest entry (a bug) that didn't scale the xp correctly, leading VR to believe it was behaving correctly. As VR took over CH after Corrupted Gardens was released, its definitely possible this was considered intended by OTM.

Stage 1: OTM/VR working on a big update, with minor changes along the way -- community: "Why don't we see any updates? Is anyone at OTM/VR ever working? Your timeline is whack, why don't you fix these issues?"

Stage 2: Update gets delayed by a few months -- community: "Never trust OTM/VR, the game is dead because they can't even fix simple issues. The playerbase is non-existent, endgame clans are struggling to kill Stonefang"

Stage 3: Update released -- community: "Wow! Love the content, great job OTM/VR!"

*back to Stage 1*
It is true and false to an extent. When theres content in between these 6 months, even if not permanent, then it doesnt feel that bad. The events back then were perfect and also terrible (ik Im undecisive), on one hand they gave us consistent amount of content, new bosses with different strategies and different strengths and weaknesses, on the other hand it took so much of their time that it heavily delayed any permanent content.

OTM lacked the balance, so far VR is ok due their mini events and QoL updates alongside a permanent update to the engine, my question is, how can a small team really balance out the temporary vs permanent content? Sometimes yes it has to come down to manpower which I hope VR doesnt lack although atm it seems they do, and then it gets less into issues with developing more with the business department of OTM, firing the majority of the team and now they might need to come up with a solution to help the current team. Because it doesnt matter if schwing and the rest of the thai team are the best developers in the world or not, sometimes u just need more people to work on either same large project or multiple smaller projects at once.

I still honestly believe that they could invest their time better, glitch or not, they need to consider if at this point in time, was the blossoms change necessary? Was it effective? Is it best right now? They need to ask themselves these questions because sometimes u dont change things because they have to change period, but u weigh down what needs to be changed, when they need to be changed and what takes higher priority. It could be that a blossoms nerf/fix is necessary, but not at this point in time. Why? Because right now player base is unhappy, and more than money, ur biggest resource is players, and happy players at that. So yes maybe bite the bullet and leave such changes for later and focus on what is best for this moment. Business-wise (leave the game aspect aside), I dont think it was a wise decision right now.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Like I said, you lot can distrust the official statement all you want, but that doesn’t change the fact that you (and I) have absolutely no idea whether it really was a bug or a nerf. It looks like a nerf, yes, but that’s only because it was helping players...

Just picture what would have happened if it was the other way around. If the quest was set to level 180 in the server, but intended to be 200. Then if VR had fixed the bug, everyone would have been extremely happy to have a great exp quest, and would be singing the praises of VR for “buffing” a quest.
Either way, it’s just a simple bug fix....the item is supposed to be A, but is B, so fix it back to A. However, the player response is either insanely postive or extremely negative depending on whether the fix helps them or not.

*back to Stage 1*
Soooo true.
I still honestly believe that they could invest their time better, glitch or not, they need to consider if at this point in time, was the blossoms change necessary? Was it effective? Is it best right now? They need to ask themselves these questions because sometimes u dont change things because they have to change period, but u weigh down what needs to be changed, when they need to be changed and what takes higher priority. It could be that a blossoms nerf/fix is necessary, but not at this point in time. Why? Because right now player base is unhappy, and more than money, ur biggest resource is players, and happy players at that. So yes maybe bite the bullet and leave such changes for later and focus on what is best for this moment. Business-wise (leave the game aspect aside), I dont think it was a wise decision right now.
I agree with you :o . Lol
I mean, the fix likely only took a few mins or so to make, excluding the reset to apply it. However, I think a better time to apply this change would have been with the Unity upgrade....which sounds like it may be finishing up pretty soon, with news about a beta coming in the next few days, according to Schwing. That way, players get positive news at the same time, and can blunt the negative feedback a bit....mix the veggies with the candy, so to say. (Comparing players to kids is surprisingly accurate at times :? )
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Like I said, you lot can distrust the official statement all you want, but that doesn’t change the fact that you (and I) have absolutely no idea whether it really was a bug or a nerf. It looks like a nerf, yes, but that’s only because it was helping players...

Just picture what would have happened if it was the other way around. If the quest was set to level 180 in the server, but intended to be 200. Then if VR had fixed the bug, everyone would have been extremely happy to have a great exp quest, and would be singing the praises of VR for “buffing” a quest.
Either way, it’s just a simple bug fix....the item is supposed to be A, but is B, so fix it back to A. However, the player response is either insanely postive or extremely negative depending on whether the fix helps them or not.

*back to Stage 1*
Soooo true.
I agree with you :o . Lol
I mean, the fix likely only took a few mins or so to make, excluding the reset to apply it. However, I think a better time to apply this change would have been with the Unity upgrade....which sounds like it may be finishing up pretty soon, with news about a beta coming in the next few days, according to Schwing. That way, players get positive news at the same time, and can blunt the negative feedback a bit....mix the veggies with the candy, so to say. (Comparing players to kids is surprisingly accurate at times :? )
Whatever the analogy is doesnt matter to me but yes sometimes its smarter to put changes ppl wont like alongside changes ppl do like so there isnt only bad and it can be rather neglected too by players.

This is imo the most constructive criticism u can get, and its not even slightly about if blossoms was nerf or fix or bug or glitch or anything, honestly idc about blossoms, it is solely about a decision being right or wrong at a certain point in time (can be a right decision but at later date) as a business. It has no “facts” or claims that vr lied or anything, only what I think is a smarter course of action, whether if the change is good or not.

(Disclaimer: no lies have been mentioned here, thus my post is protected from being deleted, causing the thread to be locked or justifying a board warning).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Might I just add that just about every other repeatable doesn’t have diminishing xp for many levels- 10? 20?
A repeatable quest that only gives the full amount of xp for a single level is entirely different to all the other repeatables. If VR wants to fix the botting issue there are many options, but this was clearly not a bug. It was similar to every other repeatable quest before it was nerfed.
Arawn:
Shadow Queen - 220+ mage