Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Reminder About Trading / "Black Market" Transactions

Hello Heroes,

We want to send out a quick reminder about scams and trades! We want to ensure that you have a great gaming experience, so we wanted to offer you some tips to help avoid these situations. Please make sure you are being absolutely cautious when trading with other players as you are may be held ultimately responsible for your trades.

Here are some tips to avoid a scam or suspicious trades:
  • What level is the account?
    • If the account is low-level, it is unlikely that this is a serious trade or one of your friends.
  • Did you double check the name?
    • Double-check the name of the account. Many scammers try to impersonate other players.
  • Is this trade too good to be true?
    • If it seems too good to be true, guess what, it is!
  • Am I trading something of equal value right now?
    • Make surer trades are complete at the time of completion. Coming back later to finish a trade doesn’t often happen.
  • Does this person want irl money via *** or are they trying to trade their full account?
    • Trading items for irl money or trading/gifting an account is against the Terms of Service. The account will be permanently banned.
  • Is this a cross-server trade?
    • These trades are risky. While not against ToS, they can lead to scams.
Again, we want to make sure that everyone has a fun and safe environment to game. Please be diligent and cautious when trading with other players. Trading with such accounts can lead to account wipes, bans or other actions taken on accounts to rectify the situation. Thanks and happy gaming!

A Reminder About Trading / "Black Market" Transactions

Hi there,

We would just like to remind you that buying and selling in-game goods outside of the game is against our Terms of Service. Should you participate in such activities (even on the receiving end), your account will be subject to restrictions. Here are some tips for avoiding such activities:
  • If a player asks to move the transaction to a third-party app, don't do it
  • If a player tells you to create several other accounts in order to obtain the goods, don't do it
  • If they request you to create a new account at all, don't do it
  • If they won't perform the trade/mail/auction with you on their main account, don't do it
  • If they want something via ***, don't do it
  • If it sounds to good to be true, don't do it

Notice: Email Phishing Scam

Hi Everybody,

We have had a report of an email phishing scam trying to acquire account details from Celtic Heroes players. Just to be clear we will never ask for your password through any medium.

Please if receiving any of these emails do not respond to them and report them as spam/phishing scam to your email provider if they offer this feature. Also please inform us if you receive anything similar to the email example shown below.

Phishing scam example:

"Dear Hero,

We will disable your account within 48 hours if you don't reply directly to this email. We have noticed that your account has been logged in on in with different IP's. This made us suspicious and we want to be sure you are not sharing an account, being hacked or have sold your account because this is highly forbidden. To make sure you are the real owner of this account we want you to send us some information. If this information is invalid or you don't respond at all we will disable your account and if it takes even longer time than 48 hours we will permanently delete it.

Please answer the following questions as precisely as possible.

Your log-in username:
Your password ( CH staff will never ask for your password in game! ) :
Amount of gold :
Amount of platinum :
Some stuff in your bank :
Some of your friends :
Clan :
Other accounts :
World :
Gear :

Please answer these questions within 48 hours so we can confirm that you are the owner and we won't have to disable your account!

Sincerely,

One Thumb Mobile Support
"

Also please note that the reported phishing email was from the following address:

Celtic Heroes Support <onethumbmobile@outlook.com>

This is a fake email address and has nothing at all to do with Celtic Heroes or OneThumbMobile.

Thank you for your attention and again please do not hesitate to contact us if you receive an email like this or anything similar.

Esq
"It was like that when I got here"

Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

Hi,

WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD.

Please spread this word around. Don't give out your passwords. Also, please review all the posts about trading and scamming.

Additionally, don't follow any links claiming to give you free gold or platinum or anything. These are "phishing" links that will take your information and those people will take all your items. Your account has not been hacked. By clicking this link and filling out the info, you have given away your account information.

Re: Spread the Word: Quit Giving Out Your Password

Are we ever gonna do anything about clans sharing lock toons? I'm not starting no clan drama, just wondering, because thats becoming a problem on fingal. I dont care what clan they are in, it's annoying as hell when you camp snorri to get dl drops just to have someone in another clan come at the timer and bring their clans shared lock toon and you end up losing. I actually know a few if support wants to look into those, just pm me, because I'm positive they're shared. It's unfair that so many have access to a lock rogue who is kept at lvl 180 with full dl that's used just for locking. Ruins the competition. Last time i checked, this was completely against the rules, and it's frustrating when these accounts are not punished.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Are we ever gonna do anything about clans sharing lock toons? I'm not starting no clan drama, just wondering, because thats becoming a problem on fingal. I dont care what clan they are in, it's annoying as hell when you camp snorri to get dl drops just to have someone in another clan come at the timer and bring their clans shared lock toon and you end up losing. I actually know a few if support wants to look into those, just pm me, because I'm positive they're shared. It's unfair that so many have access to a lock rogue who is kept at lvl 180 with full dl that's used just for locking. Ruins the competition. Last time i checked, this was completely against the rules, and it's frustrating when these accounts are not punished.
That would work as long as they ban every toon ever shared and any player that has shared their toon or logged into a toon that they didn't create.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

That would work as long as they ban every toon ever shared and any player that has shared their toon or logged into a toon that they didn't create.
I believe that all shared toons other than banks should be banned, its literally in the rules. I dont share toons, and its unfair to me that others do. Nobody knows my login except for me, and that is how it will stay forever, because thats the rules.. we all need to follow them, not just some of us.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

Sulis has had similar issues for years now. The key thing is: if you have proof, send it to support@onethumbmobile.com
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Sulis has had similar issues for years now. The key thing is: if you have proof, send it to support@onethumbmobile.com
It's hard to get proof, from the toon itself, also in game.. plus I dont really screenshot, that's why i think they should look into suspicious characters more often... because I know there are a few on our server that everyone knows was sold, that are running around perfectly fine, and have been for a long time. Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time, so it's a little frustrating.... I wish those who were more active would help more. I think our community turns a blind eye too often.
kings pride
mabon - my main server

It's hard to get proof, from the toon itself, also in game.. plus I dont really screenshot, that's why i think they should look into suspicious characters more often... because I know there are a few on our server that everyone knows was sold, that are running around perfectly fine, and have been for a long time. Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time, so it's a little frustrating.... I wish those who were more active would help more. I think our community turns a blind eye too often.
Lol.
Yes, I admit it is pretty hard to get proof that someone is sharing an account (unless you happen to be part of an external chat app group). I also agree that it is a pretty big issue that needs to be addressed. However, you are a perfect example of why it doesn't get addressed.
Really it just takes up a lot of time to screenshot enough proof and gather it all up, and write an email, more time than it's worth. I dont really have time to waste because i work all the time
People know it's an issue, they just have the mindset of "oh I don't want to do anything about it, I'll let someone else do the effort of stopping this"

Nothing against you bud, I'm not trying to pick on you, just explaining the most common reason for inaction. It's also hard to report clanmates who buy/share accounts...

Support also can't investigate "suspicious characters" without someone telling them where to start.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!