Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Anything in creation now?

I think any fixes that VR will push out to content OTM made (which is literally everything) will take an extremely long time.
OTM fired their entire development team - the team that created the game and built and were familiar with the codebase.

Now VR is tasked with keeping the game going using an inexperienced dev team who is unfamiliar with the codebase they are working on. I don’t know how many of you might know how large that struggle actually is, but for a developer to try to pick up the ball on a codebase they didn’t make and have never seen before is extremely difficult and tedious.

As you have heard stated multiple times now, VR is just focused on “not breaking stuff”, as they should be. They should be reading all the code and understanding how everything works before making changes. Unfortunately, this game can’t survive that sort slow paced caution.

I think the terrible choices made in relation to the handoff of OTM/VR will have a huge impact on the future of the game. VR will have to chose to prioritize focus either on CH or HAO, and whichever gets priority still will face the struggles of extremely slow development.

They are using HAO as a test bed for changes to make to CH (or so I’ve heard) however even that I think is going poorly. Without even having a forums I don’t know how VR expects to gather feedback from HAO players regarding what changes work and what don’t. Sure, bug fixes like those mentioned in this thread don’t really need more feedback - they’ve already got plenty in these forums. But any future content that is added will need to be tested (on the game that it is added to) and that testing can’t take place if they’ve launched a game that doesn’t even have a website or forums. You’re supposed to set up forums before launching your game and before people start playing, not months after.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

CH is where all the players/money is at so why wouldn’t they prioritize CH over their other version of the game?
They can't make changes to CH exactly because that's where the players and money is. They can't risk messing up. I think whatever (slow) changes and updates CH gets will be given to and tested on HAO first.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

CH is where all the players/money is at so why wouldn’t they prioritize CH over their other version of the game?
They can't make changes to CH exactly because that's where the players and money is. They can't risk messing up. I think whatever (slow) changes and updates CH gets will be given to and tested on HAO first.
I can imagine so many risks with experimenting with the live game. All to often a small change that appears to fix a minor problem can have other, hidden side effects. It would be so easy to paint yourself into a corner with the code.
I don't mind a cautious pace, I'd much rather get a few good fixes next year, than 25 bad/partial fixes over the next few weeks (and it'll take awhile to get as bored with CG as we are with the tower :lol:).
this is kinda on topic lol

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

I think any fixes that VR will push out to content OTM made (which is literally everything) will take an extremely long time.
OTM fired their entire development team - the team that created the game and built and were familiar with the codebase.

Now VR is tasked with keeping the game going using an inexperienced dev team who is unfamiliar with the codebase they are working on. I don’t know how many of you might know how large that struggle actually is, but for a developer to try to pick up the ball on a codebase they didn’t make and have never seen before is extremely difficult and tedious.

As you have heard stated multiple times now, VR is just focused on “not breaking stuff”, as they should be. They should be reading all the code and understanding how everything works before making changes. Unfortunately, this game can’t survive that sort slow paced caution.

I think the terrible choices made in relation to the handoff of OTM/VR will have a huge impact on the future of the game. VR will have to chose to prioritize focus either on CH or HAO, and whichever gets priority still will face the struggles of extremely slow development.

They are using HAO as a test bed for changes to make to CH (or so I’ve heard) however even that I think is going poorly. Without even having a forums I don’t know how VR expects to gather feedback from HAO players regarding what changes work and what don’t. Sure, bug fixes like those mentioned in this thread don’t really need more feedback - they’ve already got plenty in these forums. But any future content that is added will need to be tested (on the game that it is added to) and that testing can’t take place if they’ve launched a game that doesn’t even have a website or forums. You’re supposed to set up forums before launching your game and before people start playing, not months after.
Hence why I believe it was a poor choice. I dont entirely care if it offends the thai team, I believe that firing the Glasgow team in order to put the focus at the thai team's hands was a bad choice, in every aspect of it. Partly because u are right, no dev can just get into action with a code thats not his, to understand all the logic sitting behind the so many lines of codes, hence why it was also a poor choice to fire them. and thats before even seeing their design. They dont have community service that is very good either, to say the least.

Edited out insults. You can throw stuff me all day, but you cross a line when you insult my team. Especially without any base to do so
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Keep in mind Glasgow is what kept the game so stagnant for so long. They were the studio responsible for every content update to date, and the slow paced release of CG was entirely on them. The "horizontal content" focus was their idea. Now at least there's a chance that all could change. In the past several weeks, we have seen VR push more mini events than Glasgow did in years. It's been more than half a decade since we got a double gold/XP weekend. Something that could have easily been done yearly, but Glasgow refused. Even the raid boss respawn weekend was immensely better than the similar mini events Glasgow did in the past, with dead-on 6 hour respawns. So far, the only flop VR has in the history books was last weekends legacy carnage, and they have a good chance to redeem themselves. They vowed to never do it the same way again.

I'm just saying this past month has been the best so far, in a year, and it just so happens Glasgow had nothing to do with most of it (Glasgow gets some credit for paving the road to Legacy Carnage with the birthday celebration).
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

Tbh this hasn’t felt like a birthday celebration at all... just a bunch of random events every week this month. A true birthday event would be 2012/2013 with the party crowns/hats... the good old days when events were good lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Keep in mind Glasgow is what kept the game so stagnant for so long. They were the studio responsible for every content update to date, and the slow paced release of CG was entirely on them. The "horizontal content" focus was their idea. Now at least there's a chance that all could change. In the past several weeks, we have seen VR push more mini events than Glasgow did in years. It's been more than half a decade since we got a double gold/XP weekend. Something that could have easily been done yearly, but Glasgow refused. Even the raid boss respawn weekend was immensely better than the similar mini events Glasgow did in the past, with dead-on 6 hour respawns. So far, the only flop VR has in the history books was last weekends legacy carnage, and they have a good chance to redeem themselves. They vowed to never do it the same way again.

I'm just saying this past month has been the best so far, in a year, and it just so happens Glasgow had nothing to do with most of it (Glasgow gets some credit for paving the road to Legacy Carnage with the birthday celebration).
OTM - created the carnages to begin with, created every event boss and turned them all into legacies and enabled what VR could do.

VR didnt do anything that they did, they just re-used old ideas. Having double gold with raid carnage was also a very poor idea.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex