Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn Raid Reset Changes

Coming into a 16-page thread in the morning! Wooo!

I don't think the intentions of the team is purely to add numbers to the raid. We probably don't want players completing the new content within the first month of the update. Muldar has given a great outline of the strategy/thought behind defeating the boss.

You're right, I have zero ideas the amount of frustration as I'm still nowhere close to the required level for this content. That being said, the amount of feedback given on the topic cannot be ignored. While some concerns regarding numbers have already been shared, the change might need some time to monitor before we can push harder for a nerf. The feedback here is amazing and will continue to discuss changes with the team.
I think it was perfectly fine that two power house servers with large numbers could down it. It’s unfair to the rest of the servers though that it was buffed just because y’all didn’t expect it downed so quickly. If the idea was to make the offhands tier 8 required to kill, there should have been skills cast by the boss that would absolutely require 2-3 of each type of offhand to conquer it, similar to divine weapons on ghosts back in the day being key to Necro, but manageable by 30 people with upgraded offhands. As it stands now, it doesn’t seem like the offhands make that huge of a difference and it’s purely a numbers game.
+1 make offhand worth farming.. adding poison resist on mage offhand doesnt help in anyway add 350 direct dmg to fs on mob tht resist 90% of it doesn't help in any way..... the problem here is offhand isn't that big of an upgrade over edl... Now To cover their flawed system otm buffed boss.. bravo otm
zkiiii lvl 220 mage
desi ranger, lvl193 ranger
member of PEGASUS, LUGH
server EPONA
zkiii lvl145 mage
member of EVIL CLOWNS
GOD AMONG NUBS

I don't think the intentions of the team is purely to add numbers to the raid. We probably don't want players completing the new content within the first month of the update. Muldar has given a great outline of the strategy/thought behind defeating the boss.

You're right, I have zero ideas the amount of frustration as I'm still nowhere close to the required level for this content. That being said, the amount of feedback given on the topic cannot be ignored. While some concerns regarding numbers have already been shared, the change might need some time to monitor before we can push harder for a nerf. The feedback here is amazing and will continue to discuss changes with the team.
Why dont you want us to play with the new content you guys worked on for months?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Serious question if epona and arawn both kill it will you continue to buff it until we just give up and nerf it after the 8 weeks needed for a offhand which only gives resist really? Gwydion can muster up 30-48 ish if we are lucky let alone 50+ just to kill a boss all of us have been waiting for for a while now. Mind you we have 20-25 people not toons people who multilog/dual/triple log just to help kill bosses.

Make it strategic not a dps race, I love the faction bosses because their is some strategy that goes into it especially the lich boss with his various attacks that are almost random in positioning to the point you cannot time when a purple ball will spawn in a certain spot same goes for the blue ball going on a random player
The UK office isn't in right now, so I can't tell you whether it would receive another buff or not. I think the team's intentions are around strategy and not just DPS. Again, we'll have to wait to get more concrete details. But there are a lot of great points and feedback in this thread that we're already discussing with the team here.
If Epona were set up any other way, we'd have close to 4 way clan wars, and would never down anything. That being said, I do agree that it's absolutely ridiculous to base Epona's progress on BT as meaning the boss needs continual buffing. Most servers don't have every single person on the server working towards the exact same goal.

It really shouldn't be both ways. Either OTM wants competition for resources on servers and has multiple clans fighting, or they force servers into super clans in order to have even a chance at completing the newest content. For one, I'm frustrated on behalf of other servers. I know Epona will continue to try to gather and kill BT, no matter what buffs OTM throws at it, before OTM intends us to kill it. If you wanted us not to be able to do it, you should have either made it invincible, or like Gele, not added the content in until after the initial release. The constant tweaks afterwards continue to aggravate the community, in part because they seem to have higher priority than bug fixes and quality of gameplay changes, but also because you appear to want to raise the bar to stop us from progressing with the content.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Why dont you want us to play with the new content you guys worked on for months?
maybe make another tree named xyz wid infinite hp nd say see u cant kill this.. if being killed fast is a problem
zkiiii lvl 220 mage
desi ranger, lvl193 ranger
member of PEGASUS, LUGH
server EPONA
zkiii lvl145 mage
member of EVIL CLOWNS
GOD AMONG NUBS

While BT was downed easily by "dominant clans" based on "number of players" within the first few weeks, other servers do not have the privilege of a large player-based population. While BT is relatively new, lower populated servers can barely get enough on to kill gele, taking into consideration that most "toons"---NOT PLAYERS-- are dual, tri, and quad loggers. Most players go inactive after getting gear. Gelebron would be unkillable if not for dual, tri, or quad loggers in the less populated servers.

The DPS warrior offhand is a disappoint to DPS warriors. Its feedback was neglected--(who uses giant swing, unless for max dmg). With the recent buffs and etc., it seems that Bloodthorn would be a type of raid that depends solely on "player numbers and DPS." Let's hope this isn't true in the next few weeks for clans that could kill it. This "40 man raid with Tier 8 offhand" just killed most of the less populated servers hope of downing Bloodthorn.

Serious question if epona and arawn both kill it will you continue to buff it until we just give up and nerf it after the 8 weeks needed for a offhand which only gives resist really?
There are no plans for further changes to the Bloodthorn raid.

The encounter has been designed for 40 players each with tier 8 offhands. However, from launch we knew there would be a possibility of higher population servers downing Bloodthorn.
We still believe Bloodthorn is still killable (regardless of offhands) with Arawn and Eponas numbers. There are no plans for changes due to this. (We are more impressed by this fact).

The root adds however were designed as a variable threat, and one that should act as a detriment to your raid the longer you continue to leave it up.
Offtanking is a valid strategy, but resetting a mob to reduce the mobs stacking aura was never an intended feature of the raid.

The feedback provided in this thread and the feedback we receive as players progress through Corrupted Gardens will be reviewed by our Design Team.
I will discuss the player population (raid size) feedback further with the team.

Serious question if epona and arawn both kill it will you continue to buff it until we just give up and nerf it after the 8 weeks needed for a offhand which only gives resist really?

The encounter has been designed for 40 players each with tier 8 offhands. However, from launch we knew there would be a possibility of higher population servers downing Bloodthorn.
We still believe Bloodthorn is still killable (regardless of offhands) with Arawn and Eponas numbers. There are no plans for changes due to this. (We are more impressed by this fact).

The root adds however were designed as a variable threat, and one that should act as a detriment to your raid the longer you continue to leave it up.
Offtanking is a valid strategy, but resetting a mob to reduce the mobs stacking aura was never an intended feature of the raid.

The feedback provided in this thread and the feedback we receive as players progress through Corrupted Gardens will be reviewed by our Design Team.
I will discuss the player population (raid size) feedback further with the team.
40 people with all tier EIGHT offhands. Lmao k

U do know u could just increase the vines' aggro range so far that resetting it wouldnt be valid? Like u cant reset spirits, skeletons, mordy sents, priestess, aggy's healers. U can only reset 4 out of 6 of gele's sents but let me guess ur gonna buff that too?

"We are more impressed by this fact that servers with 60 toons could still kill it when we buffed it into invincibility". Ur more impressed by their numbers rather than strategy. Off-tanking is valid u say? Then dont remove that option.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Hows making a new raid that requires 40+ toons with t8 offhand to kill it going to make clans move on from old raids as hrung, mord and necro?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

U do know u could just increase the vines' aggro range so far that resetting it wouldnt be valid? Like u cant reset spirits, skeletons, mordy sents, priestess, aggy's healers. U can only reset 4 out of 6 of gele's sents but let me guess ur gonna buff that too?

"We are more impressed by this fact that servers with 60 toons could still kill it when we buffed it into invincibility". Ur more impressed by their numbers rather than strategy. Off-tanking is valid u say? Then dont remove that option.
As Bloodthorn is static increasing the range wasn't possible.
Increasing the adds range would mean players could just drag it away from the fight entirely, therefore negating all buff effects.