Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New scamming tricks . Pay attention!

Alright Einstein, what should we do with drops that aren't even our own class? Can't trade them right so as a matter of fact it plays a big role
Maybe fix the broken system so stuff does not need to be traded to begin with? just a thought. like maybe if the drop goes to you it will be something class specific. I mean correct me if im wrong but this game does favor arrogant, selfish, and greedy high level players.
I honestly don't feel like this is really a feasible task. You'd run into issues with things like gear distribution mechanics, fairness, economic failure, etc. How does a drop go to a toon who's class isn't even in the lock group?

I also think that trades and Mail make the game more fun. There's a lot of old niche items that you can only get through trading. I'd never get a snowman head if I can't trade. Also you wouldn't be able to pass down items to help players who are just starting out or anything like that. So many parts of the game that make it fun would disappear. Honestly, OTM does say in trades that all trades are final people just need to be more careful with their items.
Valid points. I myself learned my lesson after the first time i got scammed. Glad they changed so you have commas. Now you can tell if they sent 1 mil or 100k without looking too hard. All im saying is trading has its ups and downs. Yeah its awesome for me to send a bunch of stuff to help clanmates however the trading system is widely abused.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

otm should remove trade and mail
Trading is fun, it plays a massive role in the game too, my best suggestion is as op said, pay attention
Trading does not play a massive role lol. What an exageration It helps scammers and shady clan leaders more than anyone else.
Please tell me you people are trolling, or that you have mental illnesses of some sort.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Trading is fun, it plays a massive role in the game too, my best suggestion is as op said, pay attention
Trading does not play a massive role lol. What an exageration It helps scammers and shady clan leaders more than anyone else.
Please tell me you people are trolling, or that you have mental illnesses of some sort.
Finally, someone that understands me. Ily
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Absolutely im mentally challenged. Thanks for the moral support bud. I dont recall insulting anyone on this thread just that i think trading hurts some people more than it helps. I dont consider that trolling. I think u just to like to use words u hear a lot that are popular as insults

Absolutely im mentally challenged. Thanks for the moral support bud. I dont recall insulting anyone on this thread just that i think trading hurts some people more than it helps. I dont consider that trolling. I think u just to like to use words u hear a lot that are popular as insults
But let's be real here (Muldar don't lock this thread this is valid back and forth conversation rather than an argument,aside the fact some things were harshly said
You kinda played yourself when you said trading doesn't play a big role.
It actually doesn't benefit scammers more than legitimate players, the trade system has been used in every single server to in some form of shape distribute drops, its extremely beneficial for most of us, and as Dark Kitty stated, you can't blame the mechanic, it's really the players fault.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Quit trying to play the martyr and accept the fact that your opinion is bizarre. Removing trading completely from an MMO would be a pretty sad and unprecedented move on OTM's part.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

How to avoid being scammed-
1. Whenever someone trades you, look at the name carefully as well as the level.
-If it is a lvl 1 with the name of a higher lvl, reject the trade and block them.
-If it is someone you do not know trading you randomly, reject, then ask why they are trading you.
2. If someone is asking to borrow your gear and you do not know them, block them. If you do know them, consider carefully whether you absolutely trust them before loaning any items.
3. If someone asks for gold, do not give unless you are fully prepared never to see that gold again.
4. If anyone tells you they are doing a YouTube video and are making a segment on trust trades, then asks to borrow something valuable, refuse unless you do not want to see your items again. This is a known scam.
5. If you are buying or selling an item, always, always check the amount of gold and items traded before confirming the trade. Count the zeroes if you have to.
6. Do not dice.
7. Make sure that all server xfers you do are legit. Use a trusted middleman.

The trading and mail systems are great tools, you just need to exercise caution. To the op- Best of luck in avoiding any future scams.
+1 to all of the above.

Also, if they were to remove trading from the game it would require a complete overhaul from the ground up and would take a lot of the fun out of the game for most people. (Fury would probably quit outright lol)
Yes, it is a problem, but the solution is not to eliminate the possibility by removing the function itself; an analogous example would be to solve kill-stealing by only allowing one player to damage a mob at a time (what fun raids would be...).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

But let's be real here (Muldar don't lock this thread this is valid back and forth conversation rather than an argument,aside the fact some things were harshly said
It actually doesn't benefit scammers more than legitimate players, the trade system has been used in every single server to in some form of shape distribute drops, its extremely beneficial for most of us, and as Dark Kitty stated, you can't blame the mechanic, it's really the players fault.
ok you can disagree. i myself like the ability to trade but u cant deny their are people who abuse it and the drop system. idk how many times someone runs off with drops. it all revolves around trust. which is not at all otm fault and should not be solely up to them to make the situation better. just a lot if shady people in this game. i didnt play myself. its an opinion. solely my own. i put no fault on you or anyone else other than saying things "harshly" as u put.

Alright Einstein, what should we do with drops that aren't even our own class? Can't trade them right so as a matter of fact it plays a big role
Maybe fix the broken system so stuff does not need to be traded to begin with? just a thought. like maybe if the drop goes to you it will be something class specific. I mean correct me if im wrong but this game does favor arrogant, selfish, and greedy high level players.
You're making it harder on the creators, such thing that could easily be avoided, you want them to do internal stuff, no. Do explain, how many times have you traded ingame? There's been nothing you didn't have that you obtained through trading? The trading is what keeps the Gold going in a cycle and non plat buyers can benefit along side the plat buyers.
I have traded some stuff but plat buyers do not benefit me that much. I can cook for most of what i need for health, damage boosts, extra str, vit, etc. I also buy my own plat and use most of what i get. Sure it helps some but not a huge difference. Just because it benefits you does not mean thats the case on all servers. I for one can never find any restoration potions, mount and pet tokens are either not available, or outrageously overpriced. For what i can buy restos for i can cook for a 1/4 of the price. What i do like is the ability to trade fashion. Thats one thing u cannot get is some fashion without trading. When people stop trading the gold stops flowing. Other people do not trade much on some servers so that forces me in return to do the same. not because i do not want to trade but because i cannot give them stuff when their is no reciprocity.

ok you can disagree. i myself like the ability to trade but u cant deny their are people who abuse it and the drop system. idk how many times someone runs off with drops. it all revolves around trust. which is not at all otm fault and should not be solely up to them to make the situation better. just a lot if shady people in this game. i didnt play myself. its an opinion. solely my own. i put no fault on you or anyone else other than saying things "harshly" as u put.
I dont know if you're reading one tenth of my replies or just don't know the meaning of half the words I say, I quoted harshly said because darkfell stated that you have mental illness, you read it yourself and replied to that.
You really did play yourself in this thread, making an opinion is cool but made an outrageous one which triggered me. (An opinion is fine but it sounded like a troll post) whether you like it or not it's helped most of endgame, maybe you haven't hit anywhere near endgame so you haven't the need to raid and receive.
And as I said before, trading benefits us more than it does scammers.

You're making it harder on the creators, such thing that could easily be avoided, you want them to do internal stuff, no. Do explain, how many times have you traded ingame? There's been nothing you didn't have that you obtained through trading? The trading is what keeps the Gold going in a cycle and non plat buyers can benefit along side the plat buyers.
I have traded some stuff but plat buyers do not benefit me that much. I can cook for most of what i need for health, damage boosts, extra str, vit, etc. I also buy my own plat and use most of what i get. Sure it helps some but not a huge difference. Just because it benefits you does not mean thats the case on all servers. I for one can never find any restoration potions, mount and pet tokens are either not available, or outrageously overpriced. For what i can buy restos for i can cook for a 1/4 of the price. What i do like is the ability to trade fashion. Thats one thing u cannot get is some fashion without trading. When people stop trading the gold stops flowing. Other people do not trade much on some servers so that forces me in return to do the same. not because i do not want to trade but because i cannot give them stuff when their is no reciprocity.
that's a good example to put, every single collector who's been saving all their items, example Furyion, obtaining few of the tradeable competition items, many of the old rare collectible stuff would essentially become worthless.
You can't change the main system of the game, this is an mmo and there are always people who scam, PAY ATTENTION thats literally what the op wanted to put out, not "many ways otm could fix scamming problems" e.g. removing the trade feature.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019