Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Too Easy to Scam in CH

Two of my clannies got scammed today by a (now ex)clanmate that’s been in the clan for 5 months. During this time he built up a trust system and “friendship” with people and then waited for an opportune moment and left with a borrowed Shadow Solar Flame Bow and a Bloodthorn Set.. People tried to beg him for their items back before he left and he threw the Terms of Service back at people: Sorry all trades are finale. Demoted and left.

Some wanted to ask OTM for help getting it back but I told them Due to TOS, OTM probably wouldn’t do anything. ...but something needs to be changed. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

There’s a lot of good people taken advantage by scammers, a lot are kids, OTM seriously needs to implement a feature that would allow people to check gear as LOANED and be able to retrieve LOANED items. If not returned within a certain time period it returns back to the last traded persons inventory. I’m not sure if it’s a possibility to do this but if it is, I implore the OTM team to consider making it a priority along with an official Bank System.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Re: Too Easy to Scam in CH

Two of my clannies got scammed today by a (now ex)clanmate that’s been in the clan for 5 months. During this time he built up a trust system and “friendship” with people and then waited for an opportune moment and left with a borrowed Shadow Solar Flame Bow and a Bloodthorn Set.. People tried to beg him for their items back before he left and he threw the Terms of Service back at people: Sorry all trades are finale. Demoted and left.

Some wanted to ask OTM for help getting it back but I told them Due to TOS, OTM probably wouldn’t do anything. ...but something needs to be changed. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

There’s a lot of good people taken advantage by scammers, a lot are kids, OTM seriously needs to implement a feature that would allow people to check gear as LOANED and be able to retrieve LOANED items. If not returned within a certain time period it returns back to the last traded persons inventory. I’m not sure if it’s a possibility to do this but if it is, I implore the OTM team to consider making it a priority along with an official Bank System.
Actually an integrated bank system is on their list after countless requests.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

If a lot are kids then it's a good lesson seeing as it teaches them how harsh the real world is.

Nowhere in the game does it say you are required to trust anyone or even trade them for things, all of this is player choice and if you make a bad choice you live with it.
Would you kindly?

If a lot are kids then it's a good lesson seeing as it teaches them how harsh the real world is.

Nowhere in the game does it say you are required to trust anyone or even trade them for things, all of this is player choice and if you make a bad choice you live with it.
Some are too trusting and never learn. But you would think they could trust a clannie, it wasn’t some random person on server. I understand they made horrible judgment, but OTM should go an extra step to cut down on stuff like this happening.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Some are too trusting and never learn. But you would think they could trust a clannie, it wasn’t some random person on server. I understand they made horrible judgment, but OTM should go an extra step to cut down on stuff like this happening.
I agree, cutting down on it is perfect, but just giving the items back should never happen.

They gave items back sometimes in the past and that's why we now have people always begging to get them returned. OTM stated clearly in their ToS that all trades are final, but in trying to please us players (as they always do) they returned some items out of grace. Now they're trying to stick to their ToS like it always should have been, and are experiencing backlash from spoiled players who saw "favourtism" shown in the past.

+100 for prevention, but can't agree with just returning items
Would you kindly?

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=15609
Stupid people do stupid things

It’s not easy to scam, people are simply dumb enough to let themselves get scammed. Just be glad we don’t play the 2012 version of this game where scamming was so easy as there were no safeguards in trades and the mail didn’t exist.
Last edited by Zkills on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge