Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apple now requires loot box drop rates to be disclosed

Even if it had a 50% chance of an egg to drop doesn’t mean you'd get an egg even if you opened a million chests. High drop chance or low drop chance is still a chance at not getting what you had hoped for
Was going to say this, people don’t understand this, it works the same way with raid drops
They gave us other chest items to compare rarity to they said rarity would be same as that of getting a mount.
The jackpot rarity isn’t the same as that of a mount...
Did they literally say it was comparable to getting a mount? But let's say they did. As someone who has opened a decent number of chests in the past, everything has always been random. During the event when capes dropped out of chests, I got 2 95 speed capes and 1 90 speed cape in my first 100 chests. I got 0 mounts when I opened 650 more. During the event when those warthog dropped, I got an 85 speed in a bundle of 10 chests I bought. I happened to open close to a 1000 more and got 0 mounts. A guy on our server got 2 dragon eggs out of 10 chests. You have players that opened thousands and got 0 dragon eggs.

So regardless of what you compare it to, it's all a chance with no guarantees.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Was going to say this, people don’t understand this, it works the same way with raid drops
They gave us other chest items to compare rarity to they said rarity would be same as that of getting a mount.
Did they literally say it was comparable to getting a mount? But let's say they did. As someone who has opened a decent number of chests in the past, everything has always been random. During the event when capes dropped out of chests, I got 2 95 speed capes and 1 90 speed cape in my first 100 chests. I got 0 mounts when I opened 650 more. During the event when those warthog dropped, I got an 85 speed in a bundle of 10 chests I bought. I happened to open close to a 1000 more and got 0 mounts. A guy on our server got 2 dragon eggs out of 10 chests. You have players that opened thousands and got 0 dragon eggs.

They did. We asked in the cc in closed beta and the response was about as rare as getting a mount in the aeon chests.
Actual odds give u an idea because you can compare against others.
No one was saying that it changes anything as to how many chests it takes, rather it gives players an idea as to the average chests per egg, which I’d the probability and drop formulas are done right, the average should be the %.
I personally like to know because A) I’m curious and B) it gives a rough idea on whether or not it’s woeth buying a chest or buying item from other players.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

They did. We asked in the cc in closed beta and the response was about as rare as getting a mount in the aeon chests.
No one was saying that it changes anything as to how many chests it takes, rather it gives players an idea as to the average chests per egg, which I’d the probability and drop formulas are done right, the average should be the %.
I personally like to know because A) I’m curious and B) it gives a rough idea on whether or not it’s woeth buying a chest or buying item from other players.
Knowing the percentage still doesn't mean much. The percentage could be as high as 80% and you could open a million chests and still not receive the item. Until otm does a guarantee drop like 1 in 5 chests will receive or 1 in 1000 will receive, then it's completely to chance.

With the mounts, you're alway going to have someone that buys 10 chests and gets a mount and someone tht buys thousands and doesn't get a mount. It's all completely random and by chance.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Knowing the percentage still doesn't mean much. The percentage could be as high as 80% and you could open a million chests and still not receive the item. Until otm does a guarantee drop like 1 in 5 chests will receive or 1 in 1000 will receive, then it's completely to chance.

With the mounts, you're alway going to have someone that buys 10 chests and gets a mount and someone tht buys thousands and doesn't get a mount. It's all completely random and by chance.
Yes... as I have said 3 times that is the case, but the higher the odds the more likely on average you are to get that item.
Unless there formulas and programming are just so far off.
Any intro to stats class will tell you that as you increase the sample size the odds and the average should become closer and closer.
Bob The God

Yes... as I have said 3 times that is the case, but the higher the odds the more likely on average you are to get that item.
Any intro to stats class will tell you that as you increase the sample size the odds and the average should become closer and closer.
All this is true. But it still doesn't change the fact that it could be 0.000000001% chance and a 90% chance and the outcome of eggs not dropping hardly at all still occur. So, sure, you've got some numbers in front of you but it won't amount to much except just numbers in front of you.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

All this is true. But it still doesn't change the fact that it could be 0.000000001% chance and a 90% chance and the outcome of eggs not dropping hardly at all still occur. So, sure, you've got some numbers in front of you but it won't amount to much except just numbers in front of you.
On average for the chests the amount of eggs drops would closely match the statistic. So while for me it may not dictate what drops, nonetheless it effects how many drop for the server for example.
It still is something that players deserve to know.
Also, if the number is inconsequential, why not tell us anyways? If in the end it doesn't matter, why shun posts that say they have to tell us and refuse to tell us in general?
Bob The God