Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Thoughts on cooking mastery

Good day to all my fellow Celtic chefs!

What are your thoughts on the cooking mastery ability? I stopped levelling cooking st level 140 with around 90-100 mastery and decided to get my mastery up closer to my cooking level with the thoughts that this would increase my exquisite/perfect proc rate while levelling up further.

I lixed my way to level 900 mastery cooking low level recipes, mainly bread and pea soup. I then turned the exquisite procs from those two recipes into cheese rarebit and cream of pea soup.

At level 900 mastery I stopped getting 1 mastery per exquisite or perfect proc (using heroic wisdom lix) and decided to try levelling again rather than spend an additional 12-24 hours building mastery up with the diminishing gains I started seeing.

At this point, I was hopeful that level 900 mastery will give me a slight increase in proc rate of exquisite and perfect while cooking my delicious bannocks. Unfortunately, this was not the case. My first 15 minute lix with heroic knowledge and heroic wisdom ticking gained me a single exquisite proc and no mastery. My second 15 minute session I had 3 exquisite procs and gained 2 mastery, which is in line with what I was getting prior to spending hours and hours building my mastery.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I keep on grinding my mastery on low level foods or just bite the bullet and push cooking past 180 and then worry about mastery?
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

Re: Thoughts on cooking mastery

I applaud you for having the patience to get it as high as you have. I trained mine some, but I also noticed that exquisites stopped giving points every time they’re made and just switched back to leveling to 180 and figured I’d return to mastery later. I think ability training as whole in this game is super tedious, but it’s extra tedious with cooking because you have to scroll all the way down to gruel every time. Super annoying! Otm should make some small tweaks to the process: Allow us to cook in bulk like in closed beta, but cap it to 5-10 meals per bulk. Also allow us to favorite certain foods so that they appear at the top. I also feel like every exquisite should reward a mastery point. ..

Also, I’d like confirmation if wisdom lixes are actually contributing when it comes to cooking since the extracts say they help with this process?? I’ve been using a ton on dragon taming and fishing ..don’t want to waste on cooking if it doesn’t help train, because I hontestly haven’t noticed much of a difference...
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I'm not 100% sure on how much benefit I was getting from using the wisdom lix, but I did notice around level 500 mastery if I forgot to relix, I wouldn't get my standard 1 mastery for each proc. I also used it as a way to track the rate I was gaining mastery. Right up until I stopped gaining mastery for each proc, in one 15 minute lix (approximately 70 recipes cooked) I gained 15-30 mastery with an average of probably 19 per 15 minute period.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

Also, I’d like confirmation if wisdom lixes are actually contributing when it comes to cooking since the extracts say they help with this process?? I’ve been using a ton on dragon taming and fishing ..don’t want to waste on cooking if it doesn’t help train, because I hontestly haven’t noticed much of a difference...
Extracts don't effect the rate at which exquisite (or perfected) items will trigger an increase in mastery. They do double the rate (on average) that you'll produce exquisites, so will indirectly increase the speed at which mastery increases.
So if you're mastery increase has slowed to say an average of 1 every 3 exquisites, and you average an exquisite every 60 items. Then mastery will increase on average every 180 items cooked.
With an extract, mastery increase stays at 1 in 3 exquisites, but exquisites occur 1 in 30, so mastery increases, on average every 90 items cooked.

Wisdom lixes are definitely needed to increase mastery, especially when the rate at which exquisites trigger a mastery increase slows down noticeably.
Let's say mastery increase has got as low as 1 in 10 exquisites, with an exquisite now averaging every 50 items. This now gives mastery increasing every 500 items cooked on average.
With an extract dropping the exquisite rate to 1 in 25, mastery increasing reduces to 1 in 250 cooked.
But with a wisdom lix increasing ability rates 5x mastery will increase 1 in 2 exquisites, combined with an extract giving an exquisite averaging every 25, this reduces the average mastery increase to 1 in 50 items cooked.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Eh, I’m pretty sure it’s lvl based. What lvl is bannock recipe? Maybe 130? 140? Well, whatever it is, you’ll need 1300 or 1400 to get average crits (1/20), and 1400/1500+ to get lots of crits. I’m at 1050 mastery and I crit 1/3 on bread, a quarter of those being perfected. But then I try a lvl100 recipe and it goes back to normal rates, 1/20

Extracts don't effect the rate at which exquisite (or perfected) items will trigger an increase in mastery. They do double the rate (on average) that you'll produce exquisites, so will indirectly increase the speed at which mastery increases.
So if you're mastery increase has slowed to say an average of 1 every 3 exquisites, and you average an exquisite every 60 items. Then mastery will increase on average every 180 items cooked.
With an extract, mastery increase stays at 1 in 3 exquisites, but exquisites occur 1 in 30, so mastery increases, on average every 90 items cooked.

Wisdom lixes are definitely needed to increase mastery, especially when the rate at which exquisites trigger a mastery increase slows down noticeably.
Let's say mastery increase has got as low as 1 in 10 exquisites, with an exquisite now averaging every 50 items. This now gives mastery increasing every 500 items cooked on average.
With an extract dropping the exquisite rate to 1 in 25, mastery increasing reduces to 1 in 250 cooked.
But with a wisdom lix increasing ability rates 5x mastery will increase 1 in 2 exquisites, combined with an extract giving an exquisite averaging every 25, this reduces the average mastery increase to 1 in 50 items cooked.
I tried wisedom lixes maybe 2 times on my mastery leveling, for me it did not work at all so I don't bother with wisedom. I get about 3 exquisite every 13 bakes and 1 mastery every 13 bakes sometimes 2 one right after the other. Perfected I make more infrequently. The most bakes I have gone without a mastery is 20. I had been making herring pie but ran out, making Rudd pies now and it about the same as herring pies. Maybe cooking with fish is different but if had to cook 25 for one exquisite lol that would be too boring to evencontemplate leveling it. Pro is slow when cooking lower level pies, but my mastery keeps moving steady as does my rate of exquisite and perfected. I have never gone 25 bakes without having at least 4 exquisite being made. Like I said I only cook fish so maybe it's different.

I tried wisedom lixes maybe 2 times on my mastery leveling, for me it did not work at all so I don't bother with wisedom. I get about 3 exquisite every 13 bakes and 1 mastery every 13 bakes sometimes 2 one right after the other. Perfected I make more infrequently. The most bakes I have gone without a mastery is 20. I had been making herring pie but ran out, making Rudd pies now and it about the same as herring pies. Maybe cooking with fish is different but if had to cook 25 for one exquisite lol that would be too boring to evencontemplate leveling it. Pro is slow when cooking lower level pies, but my mastery keeps moving steady as does my rate of exquisite and perfected. I have never gone 25 bakes without having at least 4 exquisite being made. Like I said I only cook fish so maybe it's different.
The figures I was suggesting for exquisites are typical figures you may see as you level cookery, so cooking max level recipes that you can currently cook.
Wisdom lixes do nothing for the rate you create exquisites, you do not get more if you use them. What they do is increase the rate at which cooking an exquisite will trigger / proc mastery increase. As mastery gets higher, it gets harder to increase, same with all abilities. Initially it increases with every exquisite, so wisdom lixes will be pointless. But once the rate of increase slows down, especially once it gets below 1 in 5, you'll notice a big difference in using wisdom lixes.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

I had the same idea only aimed more towards getting my dailies done quicker/ having the fruit cake proc at a decent enough rate to make for my clan-mates and i but after getting mastery to a little above 1000 and seeing no change to the rate i'm hesitant to see if its worth the time needed to push to max. I have noticed the difference in the proc rate on the lower foods but it seems that my ability would need to be somewhere around 2600 to have the same effect on the cake/daily which may be more plausible once they come out with higher level recipes to lix with but until then i don't see many people going through 50 meals before being able to hand one out.