Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I'm Going to Create an Extensive Guide for Farming and Therefore I'm Going to Need Some Help!

Celtic Heroes has been a game I have always loved, for it has so many things that one is able to do. As fun as it is to have so many things to do, there is one problem that I have noticed over the years, and this problem is earning gold. We have all wanted something nice in this game, rather it be a Purple Horn or a Divine Broom of Embers, we are all in need of something. In order to get these items, one will need gold, and gold is not easy to earn. Ever since 2011, when I began to play, earning gold was a struggle. Even if one were to grind for ages, one would still not be able to earn a lot of gold. With many more updates over the years, earning a good amount of gold, to an extent, is possible. A question that seems to have never been answered is the strategies involved for making these large amounts of gold. There has been some of course, but none of them are really in-depth. That is a big problem, for the farming method they showed may not really be that great. I know that there is not really an extensive farming guide with detailed responses, so I am going to create a new, extensive farming guide for the Celtic Heroes Community! In order to really get this guide going, I would like some thoughtful responses about farming methods. I will take these responses and test them myself and then let you all know the results. It will take some time, but I am more than willing to do this not just for my benefit, but for your benefit. Thank you for reading and I am really hoping to get some responses!
An old character. . .

Re: I'm Going to Create an Extensive Guide for Farming and Therefore I'm Going to Need Some Help!

This is nice of you to do. One thing I would like to learn about is if there are specific techniques to farm bones in Carrowmore. I have a bunch of mid level alts I want to kit out with bone armour.

As far as farming techniques go -patience is key. In my opinion the best farming class by far is a ranger. How that ranger is built makes all the difference. Use a dexterity build and equip explosive arrow, thorns, rapid shot and light heal. For gear use whatever gives you the best regen, dex/focus, and any defense. I highly discourage the use of quest gear. That stuff is rubish for farming, vendor armor is far superior stat-wise and you want all the dex you can get. Also you will need a speed increase. Use the speed gloves until you can aford a speed ring. If you can get a spider helm those are among the best in game for farmers. Dont neglect ability training, as keeping those high helps you endure more punishment. For pets use a spider, if dragons get fixed then that would be better. For mounts a wolf is a best for the dex and focus. Basically dex allows you to dodge and raises defense, and boosts all of your skills especially that of your aoe’s.
Playstyle is the next essential thing. The way to farm is by gathering up 3-5 mobs and then aoing the lot of them. Find either a path to repeat or fixed position where mobs respawn around you. Depends on how much attention your paying to the game while you do it. Using this method also gave my ranger the highest kill count on my server.

I consider rogues and druids as a split tie for 2nd best farming class. The difference only depends on the type of farming you plan on doing. For active farming such a running a circuit repetedely I find the druid is better and for passive farming such as while your watching a movie a rogue is better. Next comes a warrior and dead last is a mage. I have used and experimented with them all. I could go into build techniques for each of them, but the best advice I can give to any prospective farmer is create a ranger for this purpose.
Last edited by Iron Born on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Re: I'm Going to Create an Extensive Guide for Farming and Therefore I'm Going to Need Some Help!

Mage + Tank in boggan tunnels is a good strat, it makes 2 crappy farming builds into a farming machine, tank just aggros and mage uces blast and storm or whatever dps skills and slaughters em, works with high lvls to.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Farming will be a section in my guide, but since I'm an old(and not endgame anymore) player, I could also use some info. Anywhere in the tower people can farm? Or is it not worth it?
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Farming will be a section in my guide, but since I'm an old(and not endgame anymore) player, I could also use some info. Anywhere in the tower people can farm? Or is it not worth it?
I farm in tower every once and a while but it's usually just to replenish pink pots for my warrior and rogue. I love farming on floor 6 though with my mage and warrior :) its about 150+ gold per mob (about 120 gold per mob per toon so 240 gold) and it's more engaging than low farming lower level mobs.

The best way to farm is mulitlogging tinneas though. I can crank 1k gold every 3-5 minutes depending on if my rogue is afk autoing or actually skill spamming xD
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

This is nice of you to do. One thing I would like to learn about is if there are specific techniques to farm bones in Carrowmore. I have a bunch of mid level alts I want to kit out with bone armour.

As far as farming techniques go -patience is key. In my opinion the best farming class by far is a ranger. How that ranger is built makes all the difference. Use a dexterity build and equip explosive arrow, thorns, rapid shot and light heal. For gear use whatever gives you the best regen, dex/focus, and any defense. I highly discourage the use of quest gear. That stuff is rubish for farming, vendor armor is far superior stat-wise and you want all the dex you can get. Also you will need a speed increase. Use the speed gloves until you can aford a speed ring. If you can get a spider helm those are among the best in game for farmers. Dont neglect ability training, as keeping those high helps you endure more punishment. For pets use a spider, if dragons get fixed then that would be better. For mounts a wolf is a best for the dex and focus. Basically dex allows you to dodge and raises defense, and boosts all of your skills especially that of your aoe’s.
Playstyle is the next essential thing. The way to farm is by gathering up 3-5 mobs and then aoing the lot of them. Find either a path to repeat or fixed position where mobs respawn around you. Depends on how much attention your paying to the game while you do it. Using this method also gave my ranger the highest kill count on my server.

I consider rogues and druids as a split tie for 2nd best farming class. The difference only depends on the type of farming you plan on doing. For active farming such a running a circuit repetedely I find the druid is better and for passive farming such as while your watching a movie a rogue is better. Next comes a warrior and dead last is a mage. I have used and experimented with them all. I could go into build techniques for each of them, but the best advice I can give to any prospective farmer is create a ranger for this purpose.
Thanks for the reply! In regards to the best class for farming, it seems that there is not really a clear choice. After doing a little research, I have found that each class has it's advantages and disadvantages when farming. I will explain this more in-depth once I have finished gathering information. When you said, "Find either a path to repeat...", I thought about something. When I was making the painful grind from 160-180. I noticed a long that way to each bolg cave, there are a lot of easy, low-level bolgs. Horrible experience, but they have a fairly common drop of pures, which sell for 7,000 GP to the shop. I am going to try this method out and see if one can make a fair amount from it, hopefully 10-15 thousand every hour.
An old character. . .

Thanks for the reply! In regards to the best class for farming, it seems that there is not really a clear choice. After doing a little research, I have found that each class has it's advantages and disadvantages when farming. I will explain this more in-depth once I have finished gathering information. When you said, "Find either a path to repeat...", I thought about something. When I was making the painful grind from 160-180. I noticed that there are a lot of easy bolg outside of the caves (they are on the path to the caves). They are horrible experience, but they have a fairly common drop of pures, which sell for 7,000 GP to the shop. I am going to try this method out and see if one can make a fair amount from it, hopefully 10-15 thousand every hour.
An old character. . .