Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How dragons could have been

Hey guys,

I'm going to need the two of you to take a step back and relax a little bit. Yáll have overrun every single thread about the dragon with the same debate. Both of you have valid points, but let's bring this back.

As to the thread, as stated in other threads, we're monitoring the situation and discussion.

I would be happy with knowing where it said I had to win 6 jackpots to have a full pet. Most people were expecting it to be rare sure, but not needing 6 rare to make it worth it. Maybe beta people knew, but not everyone was in beta and those that were in beta Were told to tell no one about what they saw. People that did talk got in trouble. So people were expecting 1 pet sure, but not 6 pieces to make it worth it.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Thank you, I’m done now. Just waiting to see all those places where I missed OTM informing me that a dragon egg is a jackpot.
I would be happy with knowing where it said I had to win 6 jackpots to have a full pet. Most people were expecting it to be rare sure, but not needing 6 rare to make it worth it. Maybe beta people knew, but not everyone was in beta and those that were in beta Were told to tell no one about what they saw. People that did talk got in trouble. So people were expecting 1 pet sure, but not 6 pieces to make it worth it.
This was communicated in both store listings, had been included in the Food of the Gods patch notes and previously discussed in some of my earlier posts:
Patch Notes: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=93929
Previous Discussion: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ot#p716971

However I do understand some players may have missed this due to it being on social media and not in-game (Fergal the Noisy only denotes it as "rare") as such we will be updating item descriptions and NPC text to reflect this in the next update.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you, I’m done now. Just waiting to see all those places where I missed OTM informing me that a dragon egg is a jackpot.
This was communicated in both store listings, had been included in the Food of the Gods patch notes and previously discussed in some of my earlier posts:
Patch Notes: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=93929
Previous Discussion: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ot#p716971

However I do understand some players may have missed this due to it being on social media and not in-game (Fergal the Noisy only denotes it as "rare") as such we will be updating item descriptions and NPC text to reflect this in the next update.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you muldar for the response but those did not answer my question. Yes you posted that the pet was a jackpot and I agree that I knew that. But the only mention of it needing multiple jackpots for a full pet would maybe be where you said in patch notes of a new “scaled” pet. Which we all took to mean dragon scales. There was no mention of needing 6 jackpot wins to make the pet Full.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Thank you muldar for the response but those did not answer my question. Yes you posted that the pet was a jackpot and I agree that I knew that. But the only mention of it needing multiple jackpots for a full pet would maybe be where you said in patch notes of a new “scaled” pet. Which we all took to mean dragon scales. There was no mention of needing 6 jackpot wins to make the pet Full.
This too will be included in our text changes to ensure visibility.

While somewhat implied by it being part of the Pet System and in its NPC listing/ text, it does have a different upgrade mechanic and as such should be explained further.

We've got a ticket in for this now, thanks.

My main issue is that what was advertised isn’t what we actually received. Here is the dictionary definition of jackpot per dictionary.com:” The chief prize or the cumulative stakes in a game or contest, as in bingo, a quiz contest, or a slot machine.” Instead of a “jackpot pet” we got something more like an installment pet. It reminds me of those late night TV advertisements ( For just six easy installments of 8,000 platinum you too can own the new dragomatic ). Perhaps something got lost in translation. Maybe jackpot doesn’t actually mean jackpot in Scotland, but to most places it does and it sure doesn’t refer to a six part puzzle.

I’m glad that a ticket is being put in to prevent any further false advertising, but what is being done to address the issue for the customers who have already purchased firebreath chests under false pretenses? No winners of the 4k plat or 2mil gold jackpots are complaining because they didnt receive only 1/6th of it; thats exactly what happened to dragon winners.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

My main issue is that what was advertised isn’t what we actually received. Here is the dictionary definition of jackpot per dictionary.com:” The chief prize or the cumulative stakes in a game or contest, as in bingo, a quiz contest, or a slot machine.” Instead of a “jackpot pet” we got something more like an installment pet. It reminds me of those late night TV advertisements ( For just six easy installments of 8,000 platinum you too can own the new dragomatic ). Perhaps something got lost in translation. Maybe jackpot doesn’t actually mean jackpot in Scotland, but to most places it does and it sure doesn’t refer to a six part puzzle.

I’m glad that a ticket is being put in to prevent any further false advertising, but what is being done to address the issue for the customers who have already purchased firebreath chests under false pretenses? No winners of the 4k plat or 2mil gold jackpots are complaining because they didnt receive only 1/6th of it; thats exactly what happened to dragon winners.
You win an egg, you get a dragon. You don't get a 6th of a dragon. You get one whole dragon. The fact it's the bottom level in a rung of 6 is irrelevant. Nowhere does it say that the level 6 pet is the jackpot.
Exactly the same as it doesn't say the jackpot is 12m gold, thus suggesting that winning 2m is a sixth of the jackpot.
Someone early suggested its like winning a sixth of a car. Total nonsense, it's like winning a basic level ford mustang v6 eco model as the jackpot. Looks good, but has meh performance. However, if you win the jackpot again, up to six times, you can upgrade that mustang a level, until you get the 6.0 v8 Cosworth tuned, turbocharged, supercharged engine, with the chassis set up by McLaren, that becomes a NASCAR chasing, supercar eating beast.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

You win an egg, you get a dragon. You don't get a 6th of a dragon. You get one whole dragon. The fact it's the bottom level in a rung of 6 is irrelevant. Nowhere does it say that the level 6 pet is the jackpot.
Exactly the same as it doesn't say the jackpot is 12m gold, thus suggesting that winning 2m is a sixth of the jackpot.
Someone early suggested its like winning a sixth of a car. Total nonsense, it's like winning a basic level ford mustang v6 eco model as the jackpot. Looks good, but has meh performance. However, if you win the jackpot again, up to six times, you can upgrade that mustang a level, until you get the 6.0 v8 Cosworth tuned, turbocharged, supercharged engine, with the chassis set up by McLaren, that becomes a NASCAR chasing, supercar eating beast.
Also nowhere does it say that it doesnt. At no time in the history of this game has there been a precident or need to win multiple jackpots. There was no communication whatsoever so based on all prior knowledge of the game we had no reason to believe otherwise.
Essentially the game mechanics in relation to jackpot prizes was changed just before a cash event. This knowledge was not appropiatley or at all passed onto players before participating in the event where real money was exchanged.

Your comment about the cash jackpot is ludicrous because those jackpots have been well established. Players know beforehand what to expect. The jackpot is exactly what it says it is. No further jackpots are required for them. Now suddenly we get a new jackpot and the rules have changed and OTM neglected to let us know.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.