Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How dragons could have been

I opened 700 Chests and got 0 eggs. This would not have helped haha...

OTM scammed us and they should feel bad about it.

I don't know much about business but it seems like a bad strategy to piss off your paying customers and turn them away.
Epona

220 Warrior

King of Noobs 0.0

Goonies doing the truffle shuffle

I also opened 700+ chests and received no eggs, but that's the risk we face. I've heard of it happening to others before I purchased plat- I still tried my luck.

I agree with OP, that idea is great but then otm would make a lot less money, imo. That alone is probably enough to kill that idea.

One egg should be the way to get a dragon. Want a dragon, need an egg. Leveling it however should be different. Could be that you can level it either using another egg or...by feeding it a max tier level 6 pet.

Feed your dragon a lvl 6 max tier pet or mount and it gains a level. Pretty sure that's how Dragons work in the wild....
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

I think that hitting the “Jackpot” with ONE egg should have been the key to unlocking dragons at the pet/bounty vendor. Players should have only needed one egg to initially gain access to dragons and from there could have used pet tokens and bounty marks to raise its level further. That in my opinion would have really made it a Jackpot prize.
Why do posters keep mentioning that one egg is/was intended to be a jackpot? If this is true they forgot to post it in the game, where the chest description lists eggs and other tokens together. 2m in gold is mentioned as the Grand Prize. There is no mention of a jackpot. The way it is listed in the game puts it in the normal realm of other drops and valued much less then the grand prize of 2m. Calling it a jackpot is OTM trying to deflect from their huge debacle. They did make lots of money for their efforts, but their short term gain will lead to a long term loss. Shame on them. I am saddened as I will never see the game the same again.

IMG_20171128_105536.jpg
IMG_20171128_105536.jpg (74.11 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
This had been on the website since Food of the Gods went live. It says more or less the same thing in the what's new section of the game description in both the app store and play store.
Yes it should be made clear in game in the chest description that it is a jackpot prize and, at a casual observation, currently isn't made known there that it's a jackpot prize.
However if someone is planning to spend a lot of money on gambling to win a prize, then they should do their homework and read the small print. If the small print isn't readily available then find it. In this case a visit to the company website would have confirmed the information.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

IMG_20171128_105536.jpg
This had been on the website since Food of the Gods went live. It says more or less the same thing in the what's new section of the game description in both the app store and play store.
Yes it should be made clear in game in the chest description that it is a jackpot prize and, at a casual observation, currently isn't made known there that it's a jackpot prize.
However if someone is planning to spend a lot of money on gambling to win a prize, then they should do their homework and read the small print. If the small print isn't readily available then find it. In this case a visit to the company website would have confirmed the information.
I am not gambling, I am making a purchase. I am well aware that the contents of what I am buying is random, or at least that is what we are told. OTM by there own statements change what they actually do vs what is discussed prior to actual release. In the game the egg is listed as a routine drop. Based on prior experience with legacy and token system, the egg should have been at the same rareness in making a full pet. I realize that you are an apologist for OTM and the deception done here, but you have no basis for attacking me personally, claiming that I did not do due diligence. I do more than most as I do buy lost of chests, and I do track drop rates. I also discuss these things with OTM, so I contend I did do research. Had OTM disclosed the truth of this huge change from their past practices I still would have spent the same amount of money, but I would be planning for future purchases. Instead, using the knowledge gained from this marketing debacle, I am searching for a new place to spend my disposable income. BTW, your attachment says nothing about a dragon, or eggs. For all we know that is a totally different prize and has nothing to do with eggs.

I suggested in beta that hitting the “jackpot” on one of these should result in all 6 eggs dropping, not just one single egg and unfortunately it was met with *crickets*. Wonder if people feel the same way now?
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

I think that hitting the “Jackpot” with ONE egg should have been the key to unlocking dragons at the pet/bounty vendor. Players should have only needed one egg to initially gain access to dragons and from there could have used pet tokens and bounty marks to raise its level further. That in my opinion would have really made it a Jackpot prize.
Why do posters keep mentioning that one egg is/was intended to be a jackpot? If this is true they forgot to post it in the game, where the chest description lists eggs and other tokens together. 2m in gold is mentioned as the Grand Prize. There is no mention of a jackpot. The way it is listed in the game puts it in the normal realm of other drops and valued much less then the grand prize of 2m. Calling it a jackpot is OTM trying to deflect from their huge debacle. They did make lots of money for their efforts, but their short term gain will lead to a long term loss. Shame on them. I am saddened as I will never see the game the same again.
OTM in the Food of the Gods gave that description. A “Jackpot pet” lead me to believe it was a Jackpot pet, not one slice of the pie. To say everything about this event was misleading is an understatement. The term Jackpot itself refers to the top tier of prizes. What OTM did is akin to saying that an auto dealership is offering a vehicle Jackpot and after someone actually wins it they are only given one tire, a windshield, and a muffler. Then they are told they need to win the Jackpot 5 more times for the rest of the car.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

IMG_20171128_105536.jpg
I am not gambling, I am making a purchase. I am well aware that the contents of what I am buying is random, or at least that is what we are told. OTM by there own statements change what they actually do vs what is discussed prior to actual release. In the game the egg is listed as a routine drop. Based on prior experience with legacy and token system, the egg should have been at the same rareness in making a full pet. I realize that you are an apologist for OTM and the deception done here, but you have no basis for attacking me personally, claiming that I did not do due diligence. I do more than most as I do buy lost of chests, and I do track drop rates. I also discuss these things with OTM, so I contend I did do research. Had OTM disclosed the truth of this huge change from their past practices I still would have spent the same amount of money, but I would be planning for future purchases. Instead, using the knowledge gained from this marketing debacle, I am searching for a new place to spend my disposable income. BTW, your attachment says nothing about a dragon, or eggs. For all we know that is a totally different prize and has nothing to do with eggs.
Telling outright lies does not help your case.
1) You are purchasing chests in order to gamble on obtaining dragon eggs. If all you were doing was purchasing and not also gambling, then this discussion would not be happening.
2) In the game the egg is not described as anything, neither routine nor jackpot.
3) If you had done due diligence, then you would have known the egg was a jackpot prize.
4) If doing due diligence was not a lie, then that clearly implies you knew all along that the egg was a jackpot prize and that all this ranting is a sham to avoid admitting your original complaint wasn't quite so warranted as you originally thought.

My previous post was not a personal attack on you. I was putting the facts out there. If you want to go that way, you clearly made a personal comment, in a previous post, be accusing me of being a shill. If you want to say that comment didn't specifically name me, that's fine, I'll say the same about my previous post. However we both know I was the main target of the shill comment, the same as we both know you were the main target of my previous post.

Some more things to consider.
From past events, how many 100% mounts are there? Or how many sets of the rarest fashions are there? 1 or 2 of each on each server active then? So rare enough to say that those specific mounts are specific fashion sets had drop rates similar to the 'known' jackpot prizes. When you bought chests in the past, did you get a full set of the rarest fashion set available? Did you complain at the time that you didn't win the full set and that the drop rate was too high? And did the chest description at the time say that each item of that fashion set was a jackpot prize?

Which leads on to a final query and what that implies in this saga.
Of the players that managed to get a full set of 6 dragon eggs, how many also managed to obtain a full set of white particle fashion tokens?
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Okay Robbo5000 I will stop calling you a OTM shill, you just sound like you are trying to justify an unjustifiable situation created by OTM. You have not yet shown me anything that says one dragon egg is a “jackpot”. That so many didn’t/don’t under that to be the case is a problem in itself. The in game material where the purchase is made does not mention any jackpot. It does list a TOP PRIZE of two million in gold. Now, you did post a copy of a marketing item that mentions a jackpot pet. There is no indication that it has anything to do with an egg or a dragon. Having been in closed beta I would lean towards OTM including a full 6-egg dragon as a jackpot, but then it does not appear in the in-game description.

You say I should have done more research, evidently I should not have used the years of past practices of OTM. I should have suspect a con and researched further until I was able to discover the hidden information. Please do share The location and content that clearly states that the egg will be a jackpot prize.

Let me restate, I still would have spent the same cash for the same number of chests had I known what you claim we all should have magically known. My concern is one of openness and fairness. When gambling the site states the odds, so please at least be upfront and say this will be rare. I had discussions with OTM and not once did they say anything like that. I mean in closed beta I had a few dozen eggs.