Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Honestly, what is the point of low drop rates?

Certain items are designed to be "rare diamonds" with the intention of it only ever dropping a few times.

Some people may never see them, clans may never get one, however I can confirm it has and can still drop.

Is there an argument for boosting that rate, sure. Will it happen now while we are in crunch, probably not.
Thats fair, appreciate the response.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Certain items are designed to be "rare diamonds" with the intention of it only ever dropping a few times.

Some people may never see them, clans may never get one, however I can confirm it has and can still drop.

Is there an argument for boosting that rate, sure. Will it happen now while we are in crunch, probably not.
I think a lot of the time ppl overlook the fact that ch is a mobile game. even a rare diamond such as void moon helm shouldn't take 3+ years to drop. Low drop rates along with poor eg drop design are 2 of the biggest reasons eg clans still farm lower level raids. It's the reason lower clans are unable to progress as much as eg clans are able to. And the "fix" to this was apparently adding in the broken level lock system, and not simply boosting drop rates and updating eg content/drops.
A lot of this stems from the fact that OTM has no first hand experience as an end gamer. I know some of them take offense when I say this, so I apologize for stating the truth. But Curry us absolutely correct, no game should have bosses that need to be farmed for over 3 years for rare drops. No game should have the insane bottleneck like CH does, and only by experiencing these problems firsthand that the issues come to light and be understood. Many players have suggested fixes, but none of them are taken seriously because OTM doesn't really see the gravity of the situation. They're lucky many players are loyal and stuck with the game.

Even 5-10 Void Moin helms per server isn't going to affect its desirability and "rarity". No one would ever say, "meh. another Void Moon helm? We already got 10 of those. "

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand and agree with certain items being hard to get. But some items haven't even appeared in the game yet.

Lets take a void moon helm from mordris for example. The drop rate (not exaggerating) actually has to be something along the lines of 0.0001%. With the 10+ servers that we have an clans consistently killing the boss ON SPAWN for the past 3 years and not a SINGLE one to drop?! It is an insult to the developers who make this cool gear that it will never see the light of day in the game. Or maybe 1 helmet will make its way through every 5 years or so.

Id appreciate a red name response here as to why you guys feel the drop rate should be as low as it is. Maybe we can converse and find a happy medium for a new drop rate.
Somewhere in the world right now there's a developer in a pub, staring into his Old Norway and feeling insulted.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Its not that the void and godly are that bad, but the good ones are. Why wont u see void moon, or moon at all? Cus it has far lower drop rate. Void str spear vs void focus. Good Void helm vs bad void helm. So on.

Sure we get godlys, but I have 6 godly sweeping blow braces in bank. Why?
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex