Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Poison weapon vs Fast reflexes

I have tested dps and lixing with many different build combinations over the years and Str build is better xp if you have the right gear. If you are getting better xp with dex, then you need different gear. For lixing you want as much str and dmg gear as possible. As I explained, the best dps skills are str based so it just makes sense. Assassinate is excellent for finishing off mobs faster while lixing. Sneaky is good to use on 3 or 4* mobs to get some dmg in before they start hitting you. Double attack is for spear rogues only. If you use dagger, then double is a waste of points because it takes as long to cast as two dagger auto attacks.
Server: Donn
Clan: Vikings

Dark Phantom (222 rogue)
Dark Sorcerer (216 mage)
Dark Overlord (215 warrior)

I have tested dps and lixing with many different build combinations over the years and Str build is better xp if you have the right gear. If you are getting better xp with dex, then you need different gear. For lixing you want as much str and dmg gear as possible. As I explained, the best dps skills are str based so it just makes sense. Assassinate is excellent for finishing off mobs faster while lixing. Sneaky is good to use on 3 or 4* mobs to get some dmg in before they start hitting you. Double attack is for spear rogues only. If you use dagger, then double is a waste of points because it takes as long to cast as two dagger auto attacks.
1 assassinate is the worst leveling skill of all times. The only use I see it having is to prevent rage near the end of a boss.
2 sneaky is also very bad for leveling.
3 I spent the last 2 years leveling 8 rogues in the lower-upper mid game area, which op is in. If you're hasted at all you should not be wasting time on sneaky and assassinate.
4 hotswap spear or very high damage dagger (such as askold) for double attack.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Agree to disagree then. I ran primarily dex through towers and when I switched over to str, I wasn't better off xp per lix wise so went back to mainly dex. Double can be used just as fine on dagger as spear and unless you're running an insanely high str build, dbl attack will hit close to what sneaky does but can be used frequently. My skill set preference is qs, ss, rip, poison weapon, and dbl attack.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Str build is much better for leveling than Dex because the best DPS skills are Str based (except shadowstrike).

Best skills for leveling are: Shadowstrike, Quick Strike, Riposte, Sneaky, and Assassinate...if you want to use one more skill, put points into poison weapon. A rogue is a DPS machine and wasting points into defense slows you down. Instead, uses lixes (elixirs) when leveling and restoration potions. Combos (combination elixirs) are best or HP, haste, wisdom, & XP lix (all at the same time) would be next best option.

Rogues can lix solo just fine or can quickly take out mobs with a good melee partner. I personally leveled to 222 mostly solo, but that's up to you.
Dex is better till 181 imo, because mobs do not resist poison, if you use poison weapon and high then it will make up the damage from str build, knowing that you can't remove mobs physical resist, but if you have a mage skilled with assassins all the time then str is better.
Shadowstrike is so op with dex build, because mobs below tower don't resist it.
My rogue on dex build at 160s had same autos as rogues his level, survived and landed more attacks, also had a 8k to 9k crit shadowstrike, when they could only do half of that.
Riposte is real good with str build and is also good with dex, but how will you get a full use of it if you are str and your survivability is so low.
At tower I agree str is best, because poison is resisted so much there.
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Str build is much better for leveling than Dex because the best DPS skills are Str based (except shadowstrike).

Best skills for leveling are: Shadowstrike, Quick Strike, Riposte, Sneaky, and Assassinate...if you want to use one more skill, put points into poison weapon. A rogue is a DPS machine and wasting points into defense slows you down. Instead, uses lixes (elixirs) when leveling and restoration potions. Combos (combination elixirs) are best or HP, haste, wisdom, & XP lix (all at the same time) would be next best option.

Rogues can lix solo just fine or can quickly take out mobs with a good melee partner. I personally leveled to 222 mostly solo, but that's up to you.
Dex is better till 181 imo, because mobs do not resist poison, if you use poison weapon and high then it will make up the damage from str build, knowing that you can't remove mobs physical resist, but if you have a mage skilled with assassins all the time then str is better.
Shadowstrike is so op with dex build, because mobs below tower don't resist it.
My rogue on dex build at 160s had same autos as rogues his level, survived and landed more attacks, also had a 8k to 9k crit shadowstrike, when they could only do half of that.
Riposte is real good with str build and is also good with dex, but how will you get a full use of it if you are str and your survivability is so low.
At tower I agree str is best, because poison is resisted so much there.
My point exactly, and dex may be better until 220 with coming of corrupted gardens. I doubt otm would make poison resist so hefty again.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Hahahaha noobs.

Reflex +riposte = byebye pirates
Pros at that lvl do multiple mobs at once with reflex and resto if needed. PW is worthless
2str 1dex 2vit energy as needed.
222.9 rogue
188 rogue
193 rogue
Dozen other rogues 100-180
163 Druid
176 Druid
176 ranger
180 warrior
180 mage
178 mage
191 rogue(newest)