Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

There is someone on Donn..

Someone on Donn level 1 druid is named MrScar 230. Dont trust him. That is not me. I hope OTM can bann this account as its obviously been made to scam. If you wont bann it please make "it" change name. I dont want any filth on my rep.
Thanks!

Proof: https://youtu.be/s0lq4cqiGhs
YouTube: MrScar Celtic Heroes

MrScar
Incendo
Surculus
Scariino

Concordiia, Donn - 25th aug, 2015
Concruiit 25th april, 2017
------------------------------------------------

Re: There is someone on Donn..

Every time I see a level 1 player with same name as the high level ones (slightly altered), I always report it. Better get ahead of someone's scamming plans that have them victimize someone else.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Every time I see a level 1 player with same name as the high level ones (slightly altered), I always report it. Better get ahead of someone's scamming plans that have them victimize someone else.

Is this effective and dealt with fast? Very good to report it. Its not first time tho
YouTube: MrScar Celtic Heroes

MrScar
Incendo
Surculus
Scariino

Concordiia, Donn - 25th aug, 2015
Concruiit 25th april, 2017
------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it's effective or not. I hope it is. It's just a proactive thing one can do. Who knows, maybe their accounts do get banned, and they have to go through an appeals process if they're truly legit players who have no idea there's a level 234 warrior called Aileron in our server. Faster for them to create a new toon. Morrigan can only have so many variations of "Aileron" but I don't see any high level Ailleron or Aileronn or Ailerron, etc., so perhaps it does work.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

We've had this issue on Balor as well. Impersonators spring up from time to time. OTM doesnt do anything about it. I understand if the name is somewhat similar but if its a lvl 1 and painfully obvious theyre trying to impersonate a high lvl then just ban the device it was logged from- or at least the toon itself. Maybe it'll deter them from doing it again.

For example someone can have the user name Killer324121 and someone else may have the username Killer232311. Whatever. That wouldnt necessarily be considered an "impersonator" toon.

The lvl 1 toons are typically impersonations of well known, high lvl players that may be known to loan out items to their close friends. Theyd whisper something along the lines of "Hey MrScar, can i borrow 100k real quick" then theyll trade you immediately. Many people dont think twice and trade what they ask for.

A good example of someone being an impersonator: Moonie. Impersonator makes same name but swaps out the letter "i" with the letter "l" to create moolie looks awfully similar in game and thats the most common alteration impersonators use.

Proceed with caution when someone just asks for free stuff out of the blue. Impersonators will also take the time to study the relationship between players before attempting to scam them. Easiest way to figure it out is to check the level. They'd usually make the toon same class