Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Whether the weather be fair, or whether the weather be not...

I was having a conversation with my 2 younger brothers about a month ago.
We were all wondering, will actual weather be implemented into the game at some point?
While I'm on the topic, will day and night ever be implemented into the game as well?
Hoping for a more immersive Celtic Heroes experience.
Crusher mm
Lvl 227+
Class Blunt Ammy + Axe Braces + Sword Rings = Best Warrior
Server Belenus
Proud General of Elementals

Crushermm is the best player ever.

Re: Whether the weather be fair, or whether the weather be not...

You been busy making new forums topics lol!!

But I do not think its neccesarry to have those things ingame... also which timezone will you keep in it (day and night). Since all over the world people playing some will always play in the dark CH and others always see the light. I do not see the benefit from it... only more work for OTM.
Peuleschiltje - level 226 rogue - Chieftain of InnerCircle Rhiannon

EverQuest was the first MMO that incorporated night and day and I remember how magnificent it was. Then I switched from a human to a dark elf with night vision then it all looked the same after lol.

I don't recall how long the day/night cycle is, I just remember it's definitely much shorter than a 24 hour period so players experience multiple day/night cycles each day.

A change in weather would be nice too, perpetual rain in Shalemont just isn't very immersive and realistic.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Haha if i remember correctly this was an idea brought up a couple of weeks after I started.

Afraid due to our busy schedule probably won't be worked on any time soon but we will take it into consideration for future.
Would it be that complicated to implement?
Not being snarky, but if you can change the castle to dark, as in Samhain 2016, would it be that hard to put it on a timer? It could synced to the time zone that the majority of players on a server play from, changing from light to dark as the sun rises and sets. Or, it could be synced to each individual account, to their timezone, sun, ect.
Crusher mm
Lvl 227+
Class Blunt Ammy + Axe Braces + Sword Rings = Best Warrior
Server Belenus
Proud General of Elementals

Crushermm is the best player ever.

Would it be that complicated to implement?
Not being snarky, but if you can change the castle to dark, as in Samhain 2016, would it be that hard to put it on a timer? It could synced to the time zone that the majority of players on a server play from, changing from light to dark as the sun rises and sets. Or, it could be synced to each individual account, to their timezone, sun, ect.
Complicated, probably not. Time consuming, yes.

Games with "Dynamic lighting systems" adjust a levels lighting to seamlessly transition from day to night, we have a painted box in the sky :lol: