Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Please drop ice shards cast time

At it's current cast time, ice shards effectiveness and utility is terrible. Why have fire resistant spawns when a Mage can't get his main and only ice spell off?? Just drop the cast time by two ticks and it'll be perfect. Please implement this. A response would be appreciated
Player Name: Jackdiesel Lvl 57 Mage (***HIGHEST LVL ON SERVER***)
Server: Morrigan
Head Guardian for Clan Alliance (Premier Clan of Server)

Re: Please drop ice shards cast time

Well it normally take 3-5 attacks for its to actually not get interrupted or fumbled. And without full lore of ice the kill is hitting for 300's, so as for the overpowered remark you are grossly uninformed... get a grip :). Secondly the recharge time is i believe double-triple the recharge on firebolt which at full lore drops 300-400 dmg. Therefore my opinion is its recharge is fine as is. All i ask for is a time improvement on cast. And is it not possible to implement this before update. I mean the mechanical change on cast time is minor in programming terms, so why the holdup in implementing? i understand you have limited resources which are already being utilized on pushing the new zones. But dropping the servers for 15-20 minutes on off hours is not going to cause dramatic issues to anyone. Is this opinion correct, or am i wrong on my assumption?
Player Name: Jackdiesel Lvl 57 Mage (***HIGHEST LVL ON SERVER***)
Server: Morrigan
Head Guardian for Clan Alliance (Premier Clan of Server)

I often have enemies walk "out of range" simply due to the long cast time-add in that with 150 in ice abilities I fumble it out almost every 2 out of 5 times and it can sometimes take me almost a full min to simply engage my target. At this point i have tried to use ice shards during combat, but fail at it 90% of the time-either due to interrupts or fumbles. I also feel that dropping the cast time slightly would help tremendously. I feel the recharge time is adequate considering that it is still a pretty powerful nuke, but it is almost non-usable during combat as is, even after the initial improvement on it. -lvl 29 mage.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

Your complaining about ice shards cast time when its the strongest spell in the game? Try being a druid, all of our skills have a long cast time and its horrible trying to use them in combat when the enemy interrupts you 3 times in a row till you might as well not even use the spell and finish it with melee. Your lucky to have skills that cast quickly at all. Not to mention how you have ice shards at all that can quickly get rid of a enemy.
Last edited by Gysr on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have one of every class. At lvl 20 minimum. I do not claim that all classes are balanced yet, out of all classes i feel druid needs the most attention currently, but the topic is about ice shards, so i am sharing my opinion/experience.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

I play a Mage is agree with reducing cast time however it is so powerful the recharge should be longer it should be exactly that a one hit wonder mages r powerful hitters and they should be hand to hand they r supposed to lose in a fight high mana low hitpoints when going up against bosses etc they should not be able to tank them that's the job of a warrior I've set my Mage up to be a big hitter u see a lot if people tanking there mages and still been able to cast spells when thus gets addressed maybe by doubling mana cost on spells and giving double mana points per point spent on focus it might make all thise tank mages out there change to spell casters instead if tanks and maybe even reduce the number of hit points given to a Mage per point spent on vit.
I think by implementing a bonus stat and negative stat for each class would make people play that type of char the way it was ment to be
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

... when going up against bosses etc they should not be able to tank them that's the job of a warrior I've set my Mage up to be a big hitter u see a lot if people tanking there mages and still been able to cast spells when thus gets addressed maybe by doubling mana cost on spells and giving double mana points per point spent on focus it might make all thise tank mages out there change to spell casters instead if tanks and maybe even reduce the number of hit points given to a Mage per point spent on vit.
I think by implementing a bonus stat and negative stat for each class would make people play that type of char the way it was ment to be

Difficult to read for starters but I have to say "No Thanks!" You can play your character the way you want to and let everyone else do things the way they want to. What's the point in stat customization if you can't customize it? (rhetorical question)

As for shards cast time I don't think a few ticks off the meter is going to ruin the game. If you lead with shards then you are standing around for 10 seconds while someone else has already started attacking the mob because they think you're just standing there. In terms of balance, a warrior can open with giant swing followed by pummel and pretty much smash a mob before a mage even has a chance to get shards cast.

Also, I agree that druids need their damage skills increased.