Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Weekend Mini Event - Boss Spawn Weekend!

It takes more than one member of the staff to change the spawn timer of bosses? :lol: I really find that hard to believe.

Someone already went thru them all and changed their spawn windows and reduced it by 2/3. All they gotta do is go back and change the minimum and maximum spawn time and reduce the range. :roll:
Regardless to how easy you believe it to be, this weekend we shall only be reducing the windows to one third.

It is a simple and safe change that can cause no errors that may harm the game.

We may change it to fixed in future when it is more feasible to us but for this weekend it shall just be reduction.
Safer thing is not do anything at all. :lol:
But seriously, you guys change Snorri spawn window from 2 hours to 10m, changed Event bosses from 2 hours to 10m, changed Otherworld boss spawns to 10 mins. It has been done several times, already. Changing the spawn window shoudnt cause any errors at all, it is after all just a parameter change.

The reason why players hate these fast spawns is because it entails all day camping. That was the primary feedback last mini event, and I think OTM shouldve listened rather than ignoring us, YET AGAIN.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I understand that concern myself, from a player looking in perspective if the group of end game players is small and one or two drop off (natural in games) it can be seen as a massive change and that the game is dying.

I would like to take a moment and reassure players we are doing well and will continue, I worry and check statistics everyday as my focus is the community and the people who play.
I can understand the concern about being one or two drops off. However, I feel that there needs to be a balance between enjoyable/rewarding while at the same time not being 1/2 drops off. One start would just to be scrap mighty and majestic tier. Not only that but a removal of completely useless drops such as bandage wounds items from mord would be a start.
Lol dont get me started on those crap Mord drops. Yes, removing the grand and mighty tier from all raid bosses would be a good start. I just dont understand how the hell Bandage Wounds and Spring of Life made it into Mord drop list.. or Light Heal Rings from Gelebron. Must be a very early April fools joke.
I think it's good to have a variety, what if otm buffs Spring of life and it's better , wouldn't u want the brace then? Or what if someone makes a Druid just to keep their rogue alive or use spring of life to save idols - has been done before , the issue with skill gear is that not all players like em, but some do and when u give ure opinion about something most of the time u aren't speaking for everyone

I actually use spring to life for just that reason, on my second and third tier alt Druids.

But the skill is so broken that absolutely no one uses it to the point it was rendered buggy beyond use with the new engine and no one but me noticed it and posted on forums for months.

I agree the solution is to fix the skills, not leave them broken and delete the items from the drop tables. Simply removing the wait at 1 hp+ 1 sigil tick and having it cancel idol lock would make it useful without cutting OTM revenue.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

@pismbo
I am (or I was) in a secondary clan.
On arawn it goes like this:
Top of the food chain has braves and resurgence ruling the playground. They kill all bosses.
Then there's unit. Their leader has um... Questionable actions. They kill hrung mostly, with the occasional aggy.
Then there's an alliance of three clans. Vanguard, dragonsouls, and forsaken, with lancers and celticshadows wanting to join (vanguard and forsaken dislike lancers, forsaken dislikes Celtic shadows. They are unlikely to join because they have a tough time killing even mete bosses) they can kill aggy... But that's it. Forsaken likes going solo and sometimes kills aggy by itself. The only Druids in forsaken are below 100 except one inactive. The tank is a full dl with lux shield and a mord spear. The dps is great, but not many dl/edl sets to do enough divine damage and add enough health and energy to stay alive and dish out dps. With all three clans it's about a 15 minute kill, but with just forsaken it commonly rages. Since they have no Druids, resto spamming and idol spamming is needed by everybody to beat this. And sometimes, the tank can't keep up. This makes wipes and 20 minute kills commonplace.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

It takes more than one member of the staff to change the spawn timer of bosses? :lol: I really find that hard to believe.

Someone already went thru them all and changed their spawn windows and reduced it by 2/3. All they gotta do is go back and change the minimum and maximum spawn time and reduce the range. :roll:
Regardless to how easy you believe it to be, this weekend we shall only be reducing the windows to one third.

It is a simple and safe change that can cause no errors that may harm the game.

We may change it to fixed in future when it is more feasible to us but for this weekend it shall just be reduction.
Safer thing is not do anything at all. :lol:
But seriously, you guys change Snorri spawn window from 2 hours to 10m, changed Event bosses from 2 hours to 10m, changed Otherworld boss spawns to 10 mins. It has been done several times, already. Changing the spawn window shoudnt cause any errors at all, it is after all just a parameter change.

The reason why players hate these fast spawns is because it entails all day camping. That was the primary feedback last mini event, and I think OTM shouldve listened rather than ignoring us, YET AGAIN.
whaaaa a life? I dont have one of course I can camp all day... oh but wait it creates a factor for other clans to get it... oh but wait top clans would rather have the boss to get ultra rare loot... but oh wait the drop rates for that ultra rare look is terrible.. oh but wait you could let other clan have if they are so terrible.. oh but wait the top clan wants the best items for its clansman... oh but wait everyone makes it rain plat and spend time camping to kill it in the end. So why not just reduce the spawn window... please