Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sneak attack change thoughts

Hi there

Just want to see what you think of this idea for sneaky attack - the problem with it before was that there were lots of complaints about kill stealing which is one of the reasons the skill was reduced. If we increase the damage of the skill, would it be acceptable if the skill only worked on enemies that were not in combat?

So for example if you find a monster that is standing around you can hide and move close and do a sneak attack, but if the monster is already in combat with another player you would not be able to do the attack.

Re: Sneak attack change thoughts

Have you seen this post?

Sneak attack is a perfect example for a "MMO" standard. I would like to see some innovative idea's like this instead that makes combat more challenging. No insta kill or anything, the idea of sneak attack is ok right now but.
You have to go trough a lot to land the attack and if you do you do not get as much as quick strike for example. Thats why people don't use it. I would like to see fast paced combat instead.

I hope this helps a littlebit, an opinion and an idea.
Character: SsHeretic Rogue (79) Clan: Brotherhood Server: Rosmerta

Ya kill stealing was pretty annoying and usually when there were more then 3 people in the Avatar of Donn room lots of people got annoyed because of that. I think making it only for monsters not in combat would be nice if we could hit pretty close to what it was before since we wouldn't be able to use it on bosses or when fighting in a group and would need quick attack and rend. Any ideas though when this could be implemented into the game?
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

it would be fine... but the problem isn't just the damage, we should be able to actually use it. Now almost every enemy detects me before i can use sneaky, and if i use hide it's a bit better but not so much...Another problem would be pvps. We won't be able to use sneaky in a duel cos the other player saw us, so probably we will die in every similar level fight because quick strike is not enough to kill anybody... :?
Level 50 Rogue-Belenus

Well, I figure they will tweak SA and Hide when PvP is implemented.
I'm guessing they will make it so you are invisible to your foe while Hide is active during PvP combat, or something similar to this.
Arawn
Rogue: Aisha
Druid: Melfina
I will never reveal the Wu-Tang secret...

i think the idea is not to bad, only hittin enemys who arent in fight. but maybe it could be possible to hit a mob which is in groupfight?! so the tank pull the mob, and the rouge could even do a sneak. couse it's same group.

but if it will be put up to the old level im fine when only sneak work on enemys who aren't in combat
-Username: DeathDruid
-Retired Druid
-Druid on the server Danu

-Username: Similius
-Retired Rogue
-First lvl 60 on Server Danu

Ya but it doesn't have to since Sneak Attack should be a first strike and not be used while in boss fights. That's why quick attack was put in so basically it adds a extra attack you can do which gives Rogues a bit more things to work with. Also if a evasion ability was added that boosted Defense without any skills that would be a nice touch too.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

it would be fine... but the problem isn't just the damage, we should be able to actually use it. Now almost every enemy detects me before i can use sneaky, and if i use hide it's a bit better but not so much...Another problem would be pvps. We won't be able to use sneaky in a duel cos the other player saw us, so probably we will die in every similar level fight because quick strike is not enough to kill anybody... :?
Thats the problem, but the idea of a condition to hit is actually good. Because it challenges players and don't just give every player a free awesome skill. Like, only hits when enemy is below 75% health is enough for a skill to not be overpowered.
Character: SsHeretic Rogue (79) Clan: Brotherhood Server: Rosmerta

i think this is probably a good way to go for sneaky attack. wouldn't bother me any; not being able to use it on a boss.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."
World: Arawn
Annora (90)*****
Tsubame (66) ****
Tsunade (33)
LilRaven (25)

Clan: Serenity

i think the idea is not to bad, only hittin enemys who arent in fight. but maybe it could be possible to hit a mob which is in groupfight?! so the tank pull the mob, and the rouge could even do a sneak. couse it's same group
Just make it so you cant kill steal.
Sneak not available on mobs in combat, unless in your group . available for use in group combat when mob in not attacking you. available on all mobs not in combat.
your success should be based on dex, cunning, skill points, your level and mob level. damage based on Str, Dagger, skill points, weapon and level
Vasili - Rogue main since the beginning. a devoted ASSASSIN
Level 110+ Sulis-Retribution Slowly turning Blue! thanks to a great clan! thanks Guys!

Transcendence Devoted supporter and clansman