Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mount drop rate

In my opinion, unless you're opening 350-400 chests there's no point buying any. Last event I opened 200 and the best item that dropped was glowing white fashion boots.

To answer your original question, I am yet to open a mount ;)
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Mounts had a higher drop rate in prior events. Every event, the drop rate goes down, not just because they're diluting the pool with more stuff (instruments, more fashion charms, kites, pledges, and now pet tokens), but also because it's a common tactic in making players buying more chests. It's called baiting.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Over the last 3 events we have increased the drop rate of ride able mounts.

Any additional items have been put in the "no drop" rate on chests.
With all those connacht charms, it's really a push. :lol:

Since horse mounts were introduced, we have seen a steady decline of mounts. Although I think there are less plat buyers these days compared to last year so that can be attributed to the lower number of mounts seen. But samhain/yule/ostara mount drop rate seem to be less than horses. It's not a surprise getting 5 horses out of 100 chests the first time. Now you're lucky to even get 1 out of 300.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

With all those connacht charms, it's really a push. :lol:

Since horse mounts were introduced, we have seen a steady decline of mounts. Although I think there are less plat buyers these days compared to last year so that can be attributed to the lower number of mounts seen. But samhain/yule/ostara mount drop rate seem to be less than horses. It's not a surprise getting 5 horses out of 100 chests the first time. Now you're lucky to even get 1 out of 300.
I can assure you it has not been lowered, as I said we increased the mount drop ratio in each event.
Last edited by Muldar on Fri May 13, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Off Topic Posts. You want to argue take it to PM.

There is some anectdotal evidence the drop rate is not the same for any two players. I can't be sure of a problem because people are pretty bad at "remembering" what they actually opened and actually got. So I'm curious - while you say the team has increased the odds of winning mounts, which may be true, have you used game analytics to actually go back and verify the drop rates?

A statistical analysis of what actually has dropped would be extremely easy and yet provide reasonable evidence that the code was functional and no one was able to cheat - all in one.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|