Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Server Gear Distribution

In this dkp system are extra points rewarded to player who finds the bosses/raids? Or extra points given out to the toon that gets the kill? Or players with full edl/dl that help with those bosses does there participation go to raid points or do they stack them for Alts? Or do they get a choice on it?
You get points for attending to a boss. You get more points if you were there from the start then when you just arrive before lock as far as I know.

You just stack up points and someone will keep track of every person how many points he/she has. When there is a drop you like you may do an offer on it.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Voting, and no its not by ass kissing. I can show u flaws in both voting systems and dkp systems, Elementals of Belenus for years, always with the system of voting.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Flaw in dkp system?
Every DKP system has a flaw. Bidding/Auction systems have the most issues.

The goal of an objective points system is to reward your most active members and distribute gear with balance, not favoring veterans all the time nor those who were merely active in the past. But there's always cases, especially with CH, that it doesn't come to that, especially with the ultra rare godly/void drops and multiple loot tiers, I find I had to make a lot of adjustments to address such issues. Still, there are times when I had to make some retroactive changes to rules to ensure that our system is functioning properly.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Dkp ensures you put in effort for what you want, we post interested on a item and have one chance to send a bid in the 12 hours of bidding phase, the person who sent the highest bid in wins, it's completely fair as the person who attended the most bosses will win the best thing. Maybe other clans do dkp differently but the way relentless does it, I don't see a flaw
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Yes there's a flaw in dkp system, this was discussed already in forums, but due to very low drop rate of godly and void items, we decided not to complicate the system and play more CH.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Dkp ensures you put in effort for what you want, we post interested on a item and have one chance to send a bid in the 12 hours of bidding phase, the person who sent the highest bid in wins, it's completely fair as the person who attended the most bosses will win the best thing. Maybe other clans do dkp differently but the way relentless does it, I don't see a flaw
How is it fair if a less active person had the highest bid on a godly item that drops once in a CH lifetime?
How is it fair that different people may pay different amounts for the same kind of item because there was no bidding war?
How is it fair that the person who has the most points may not end up with the most items (or even the best ones)?

Such are the massive flaws of a bidding/auction system.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

One other flaw in point systems is semi active people realize they have basically zero chance at the best drops and they will always go to the most active campers. This can lower motivation for the more casual players who likely contribute plenty to the clan.

On the other hand every system has benefits and drawbacks.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|