Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Gear Distribution

I am from lugh. I am just wondering how all other servers handle their way to gear members. I'm only familiar with the 2 styles in lugh and the point system in crom. Just interested if their are any other unique methods of gearing used in other servers.

Re: Server Gear Distribution

Mabon
Myrmidon

Main bosses earn our members DKP. Points vary per boss. We post kills/groups in a out of game free messenging apps. or I have seen other clans set up forums. This keeps track of players activity in bossing, which is 1 point of recognition when giving out DL/edl.

These points are also used for auctions. We auction the raid gear (including events) out to our members. There are minimum bids on items, but it's pretty low. It keeps the players that boss the most happy since they basically have first choice at gear with those points.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

These points are also used for auctions. We auction the raid gear (including events) out to our members. There are minimum bids on items, but it's pretty low. It keeps the players that boss the most happy since they basically have first choice at gear with those points.
Curious, how can someone have first choice if it's an auction?

@OP there are only so many ways to distribute loot - random/dice roll, auction/points system, loot council, and 'kiss your chieftains ass for loot'. there are variations, but those are the main ones.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Curious, how can someone have first choice if it's an auction?

@OP there are only so many ways to distribute loot - random/dice roll, auction/points system, loot council, and 'kiss your chieftains ass for loot'. there are variations, but those are the main ones.
A popular system is suck your chief's rambutans. Very effective.

Taranis
Aeon

Quite a few point systems..

EDL. When you kill an EDL boss you get EDL points. We use a "milestone" system for gearing, so - with example numbers - when you reach 50 points you can get gloves, when you reach 150 points you can get boots, and so on. EDL Points are not decreased by earning gear. If multiple people reach the points milestone for gear, the gearing order is determined by a mixture of first-come-first-serve and continued bossing, so if you get the points for your EDL wep first and stop killing 215, you probably won't get geared first when the drops come!

DL works the same way as EDL, just with different point values/requirements.

Raid Points are a mixture of points received through killing raid bosses and supplemented by DL points. When you attend a raid boss kill you get raid points, which are used to purchase raid drops. If a Mordris helm costs 500 raid points, then everyone with 500+ points who want the drop may roll for it, and the winner gains the helm in exchange for 500 raid points.

Event points are another point system. You gain event points by attending 210 event, and we hold Vickrey auctions for the drops. Do to the frequent spawning of 210, you do not need to attend the kill to bid for its drop.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

We use dkp for raid gear which is a flawless system.

For gearing with edl and dl, the gens/guards of the clan vote, the system is pretty flawed that way but it requires less work which is why it's done that way I guess
Same as us in Seed on Crom.

The points system for DL/EDL gear is soooo fair it's not funny! Really great system... But must require a huge amount of work by the people running the DKP systems. Hope you get extra points or something for doing those, I sure as heck wouldn't want that job!
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

I thought Lugh is popular for its dice roll system for its loot distribution
A part of lugh still does this.

The other part now uses wechat to distribute drops. We have a group chat for each class and we post the drops of bosses in these chats. Who ever wants mostly gets it. If multiple people want the same drop we just discuss who should get and what benefits the clan most based on activity and role in boss fights.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

In this dkp system are extra points rewarded to player who finds the bosses/raids? Or extra points given out to the toon that gets the kill? Or players with full edl/dl that help with those bosses does there participation go to raid points or do they stack them for Alts? Or do they get a choice on it?