Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: targeting(clicking on and off mob)

Ok, I'm such a noob, but how do you use this cycle through feature you guys are talking about?

AND

The deselecting thing is a nuisance. We used to be able to tap on our hp/energy bars and select our selves. Pain in the arse when I am camoing everyone around me except myself because i cant select myself in a tight group.
When they talk about cycling they mean due to being able to target one person inside of another this results in them having to click multiple times and cycle through various players before being able to target the boss to attack as they are close to inside of one another
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

Ok, I'm such a noob, but how do you use this cycle through feature you guys are talking about?

AND

The deselecting thing is a nuisance. We used to be able to tap on our hp/energy bars and select our selves. Pain in the arse when I am camoing everyone around me except myself because i cant select myself in a tight group.
Why deselect? You cast on yourself while targeting a mob?

Understandable if you need to deselect a player but while killing a boss or mob, its easier to target them than deselect everything.

Also i have no idea on this cycle feature lol
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Put yourself in a druid's shoes. You normally target group members to heal, not the mob. Then you need to heal (touch) yourself....

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Put yourself in a druid's shoes. You normally target group members to heal, not the mob. Then you need to heal (touch) yourself....
I play a druid, i just either use group list to target the people needing heals or i target the mob to heal myself and check the health at same time.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Deselecting is an issue. Just because you can do something another way does not mean it should be that way.

I love the new targeting but it takes getting use to. I find myself attacking the mob behind the one I want a lot. However that will change as I get use to the cycling option.
Spit (Mage 226)
lil druid (220)
Damaged Soul (211+)
Creeping Death (Ranger 200)
World-Taranis

The problem is that when 210 6/5 event spawns, even when right in front you, when you click on it, it selects another target. We're in a server where we don't have time to worry about adds first then boss so its important for us to get the lock on boss then adds. And having these adds, exactly similar looking as the boss, is not helping either. I've found myself attacking adds the entire time because that's the only thing I can click on.
BarelylegalSS[/b] 230-Full EDL w/ OH Rogue

Even worse what happens is you finally select the boss, hit auto or skill and it deselects the boss making your attack do nothing. Then you have to cycle to get the boss back and it's locked. This happens to many of the people in my clan all the time.

This has been a problem since the event update and is only a problem when 20+ people all try and lock the boss.

So if you somehow manage to tap in the right place you are still out of luck.

The cycling is really good because before you had zero chance at getting the boss back at all.

Finally i posted as long as two years ago having an option to turn off being able to select players would be huge for gameplay improvement. The default would be on so no changes for anyone unless they want to actually target bosses and mobs. People who want to constantly check thier groups or random peoples inventory thry have already seen 50 times would just not change anything. You can tap the bar in your group to select anyone at any time in either case.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Even worse what happens is you finally select the boss, hit auto or skill and it deselects the boss making your attack do nothing. Then you have to cycle to get the boss back and it's locked. This happens to many of the people in my clan all the time.

This has been a problem since the event update and is only a problem when 20+ people all try and lock the boss.

So if you somehow manage to tap in the right place you are still out of luck.

The cycling is really good because before you had zero chance at getting the boss back at all.

Finally i posted as long as two years ago having an option to turn off being able to select players would be huge for gameplay improvement. The default would be on so no changes for anyone unless they want to actually target bosses and mobs. People who want to constantly check thier groups or random peoples inventory thry have already seen 50 times would just not change anything. You can tap the bar in your group to select anyone at any time in either case.
The suggestion at end where we should have the option to that, please do it
Vhen
221 rogue
Mabon
WolfGang

+1 for this... We dont need to be inspecting people while waiting for a boss to pop. we need to focus on getting the lock and clicking on people when your trying to target a boss doesnt help that at all.
World - Mabon
-Bluntm4n- Rogue 225 EDL armor and MH/OH
-B0las- Ranger 211 EDL armor DL MH/OH
-YellaHeals- Druid 200 DL armor and MH/OH
Clan - Elite