Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Novelty offhands

I might be missing something but are there any novelty offhand items? Or are there any offhands that I can equip when using a novelty item? Some of the novelty items out there would be fairly nice to keep equipped all the time if we didn't loose the offhand slot. It seems like novelty offhand items would open up a lot of gameplay possibilities.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Re: Novelty offhands

Or an axe of carnage or a golden bodkin with a 2012 stave of tempest :twisted:
Invincible level 1 :lol:
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

offhands, if i am not mistaken, do not affect abilities. the axe offhand will not help a warrior increase his axe skill. So i am unclear what you mean by novelty offhands. do you mean a candy cane or something that is not a main hand weapon, but offhand instead? if so, there have been some of those, like the torches. or do you want the effects of a lute while still using your main weapon?

perhaps i am just not understanding what is desired here.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

offhands, if i am not mistaken, do not affect abilities. the axe offhand will not help a warrior increase his axe skill. So i am unclear what you mean by novelty offhands. do you mean a candy cane or something that is not a main hand weapon, but offhand instead? if so, there have been some of those, like the torches. or do you want the effects of a lute while still using your main weapon?

perhaps i am just not understanding what is desired here.
i am also confused
Oderint Dum Metuant.

It might be neat if an offhand gave a major boost to novelty ability. That way you could use it whenever but it would specifically work better with novelty main hands like one handed instruments etc...
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

It might be neat if an offhand gave a major boost to novelty ability. That way you could use it whenever but it would specifically work better with novelty main hands like one handed instruments etc...

You mean you just want to increase novelty ability? Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think novelty is that important. I don't have patience even maxing my current novelty limit.
I ride Kelpies and I swim in Deluge for I am one with Manannán mac Lir.

You mean you just want to increase novelty ability? Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think novelty is that important. I don't have patience even maxing my current novelty limit.
It is if you want your novelty weapon or mount to do any dmg
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It is if you want your novelty weapon or mount to do any dmg
True, but there are not many novelty weapons worth using, and not many people use their mounts in combat.
Your arguement is invalid.