Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proposed next vote - Amendment of Mordris Helm rolling

Regardless of the situation caster's against melee is 1-10 always leaving the caster's worse off and giving the dps melee classes a better chance of winning anyways I say stop putting the most expensive classes behind let them roll and try recuperate there loss or trade for something that will suit there class. In my opinion it's selfish to say a caster can't roll on a no class item eg. .. gara drops and mordy helms leave the system that works alone. Who cares if a caster wins a blood neck or a damage helm you got better chances buying it off them rather than another melee class or trading them for the drops u may have that suits them better...

Kind regards poison
Gen of clan ALLIANCE
SELF PRO CLAIMED GREATEST MAGE IN DAL RIATA
Lugh
Poisonous 220 mage
xDarkPrincesx 220 rogue
DaSnake 91 war
Poison Arrow -- ranger
Balor
Strike

I'm not from Lugh but wouldn't it be easier to just let everyone roll on mordris helms and let them trade with each other later? You'll never have a fair system if you let casters only roll on 3 helm types and other classes can roll on 4.
This is what we have done in the past and it worked well. Lately, we have a few individuals wanting to micromanage drops. This happens occasionally on Lugh but doesn't last. Since multiple clans and classes have to work together on our server, unfair rules tend to collapse when those getting screwed refuse to participate.

Currently, a few DPS players have developed an overinflated sense of their contribution to boss fights. This leads to a sense of entitlement for the best drops and unfair rules emerge. You can’t kill end game bosses without casters.

The solution to this problem is to use casters from one clan who will participate in an unfair system. Of course, this will be the first step in developing a dominate clan on Lugh. Said “dominant clan” develops an overinflated sense of importance and tries to run the server. This clan implodes because our server values cooperation and fairness.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Edit: The argument is we have to sacrifice fairness to kill end game bosses and our fair approach is “holding the server back”. In reality, the thing that interferes with progress is the repeated cycle I described above.

Second Edit: My post isn't intended to deride servers with dominant clans. If your players like this approach, power to you. Play as you like.
Last edited by RogerRanger on Wed May 06, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

This is what we have done in the past and it worked well. Lately, we have a few individuals wanting to micromanage drops. This happens occasionally on Lugh but doesn't last. Since multiple clans and classes have to work together on our server, unfair rules tend to collapse when those getting screwed refuse to participate.
There is no harm in suggesting a new way of doing things. And i hope by a few individuals, you mean many, because there has been significant support for this change already.
Currently, a few DPS players have developed an overinflated sense of their contribution to boss fights. This leads to a sense of entitlement for the best drops and unfair rules emerge. You can’t kill end game bosses without casters.
Lets see, the overwhelming majority of players are any boss fight are DPS. 1 Tank, 1-2 support mages/druids, rest DPS. Lets do the math...whats that represent 80% of the players at a boss fight being DPS?
The solution to this problem is to use casters from one clan who will participate in an unfair system. Of course, this will be the first step in developing a dominate clan on Lugh. Said “dominant clan” develops an overinflated sense of importance and tries to run the server. This clan implodes because our server values cooperation and fairness.
There are two main clans on Lugh currently with the majority of end game players, Alliance and Ancients. Neither clan is trying to run the server and we have a good thing going. Everyone who attends a fight and contributes can roll. If either clan wanted to turn this into a dominant clan server it would have been done already.
Edit: The argument is we have to sacrifice fairness to kill end game bosses and our fair approach is “holding the server back”. In reality, the thing that interferes with progress is the repeated cycle I described above.
This is your opinion of fair. My opinion of fair is to have the classes that can benefit the most from the drop be able to roll. You are entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean it is the correct opinion.
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

LOL let's cut the bs. We might not be as bad as other servers, but Lugh is anything but fair. Y'all crying now cause you'll have less of a win rate on Mordy helm with this new suggested rule that makes total effing sense? Let me remind you it was Hitler Tank that enslaved his clan to gear his EDL then quit LMFAO. Don't try to point fingers and talk about fairness; digging your own graves.
World: Lugh
Nutella 198 Tank
BABYCAKE 213 Ranger

"He offered her the world. She said she had her own". - Monique Duval, The Persistence of Yellow

@roger

This thread was a suggestion made by a player regarding fairness of loot distribution (specifically mordis helms). People are responding to it with their opinion of the suggestion. You clearly disagree with that suggestion and that is reflected in your response.

Not sure what you are trying to suggest with the over-inflated sense of importance comments. The people who care about how the server runs are the people logging on every day clearing these bosses and working together to gear up. Ragardless of the players role, class, clan affiliation, or tenure on the server we have a right to discuss change openly.

You have an opinion and I respect that, but don't undermine the opinion of others because you disagree with it.
Last edited by Cecil on Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

I'm not from Lugh but wouldn't it be easier to just let everyone roll on mordris helms and let them trade with each other later? You'll never have a fair system if you let casters only roll on 3 helm types and other classes can roll on 4.
Would it make dicing faster, yes; however we have casters that win tank helms and selling them for an astronmical amount of gold, or vise versa. Our caster population is low so over all the casters get the better end of the stick. At any given boss we usually have at least 4-5 wars if not more depending on boss, even more rogues, a few rangers, and usually only alt casters or a couple mains. Theres more melee than caster so even if caster can roll on 3-4 helms total they still have better odds of getting a great helm that works for their build.
Damare- 140 Mage
Server- Epona
Clan- Enigma

LadyAreth - 221 Ranger
Server - Lugh
Clan - Alliance

I am not trying to undermine the conversation or opinion of others. I have played on this server for nearly 3 years and am merely pointing out that this is history repeating itself.
Maybe history wont repeat itself this time. I hope there is change so that the forum trolls and inactive players realize their opinions and suggestions are stale and outdated and realize the people who are active are the ones that should be making the decisions. The rules put in place 3 years ago were with a different player base under different circumstances, it does not necessarily mean they are appropriate for the current player base that is active.
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

I am not trying to undermine the conversation or opinion of others. I have played on this server for nearly 3 years and am merely pointing out that this is history repeating itself.
I appreciate the historical perspective, but the reality is that the player base has changed a lot over the past three years.

The changes that are being discussed are reasonable and minimal in the big picture. They are not an attempt to 'dominate' the server.

I think its fair to suggest that people from all different clans hold varying opinions on these topics and I for one would like to hear what they are.

If the majority of the current player base likes an idea, and it gets put in, I'm not sure why that would be percieved as nepotism as it seems you are implying.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

I appreciate the historical perspective, but the reality is that the player base has changed a lot over the past three years.

The changes that are being discussed are reasonable and minimal in the big picture. They are not an attempt to 'dominate' the server.

I think its fair to suggest that people from all different clans hold varying opinions on these topics and I for one would like to hear what they are.

If the majority of the current player base likes an idea, and it gets put in, I'm not sure why that would be percieved as nepotism as it seems you are implying.
Fair points and I hope you are right. I agree that I haven't seen any particular clan try to dominate this time around so perhaps that is the key factor that will make it work this time. Now, before anyone tries to misinterpret this as backhanded attempt at bashing a particular clan I would like to share something that happened yesterday.

A Dobby 5* spawned when I was in the room. A group of Alliance members came in and started the boss. I was on my way over with the intent of sending a group request. However, a member of the group was quicker on the draw and sent me a group request and we killed the Ph together. Also, a ranger from the same clan came late but didn't enter the group. Instead he or she helped from outside the group. I think this is clear evidence that the group was being inclusive and playing in accord with the spirit of our server.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan