Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

So im just looking for a yes or no to this situation.
Ok so let's say there is two people I know of that openly admitted sharing accounts ,( which is against Tos) but they claim they did it over a year ago. Now my question is should these people be banned?

Imo i say yes cuz rules are rules everyone has to follow no matter the time frame.
It was also admitted and backed up by a person who is say is a reliable source.
And I also think they should be banned cuz if they were doing it a year ago who says they don't still ?

What do you guys think ?
Last edited by nueee on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Yes or no

Whatever standard is held has to be for everybody.
Beware the chickens, they are duplicitous.

It's hard to prove. Even for Otm. Especially if the ppl live near each other. If they check and see ip adresses from say, Australia and New York City logging in regularly, then Ya it's safe to assume. Other than that, it would take more than a conversation you had with someone.

Sorry for the small rant but based on what info is presented. No.

It's hard to prove. Even for Otm. Especially if the ppl live near each other. If they check and see ip adresses from say, Australia and New York City logging in regularly, then Ya it's safe to assume. Other than that, it would take more than a conversation you had with someone.

Sorry for the small rant but based on what info is presented. No.

What if I were to tell you they were issued a warning about sharing ?
The warning alone is proof but they didn't ban cuz it was over a year ago ? To me that's bs .

The fact of the matter is i belive they didn't get banned because they buy a lot of platinum. There has been proof and warnings and others saying that these people shared. Otm can't play favorites or let people get away with things like this just because they pay a lot of money to the game . You can't bend the rules for people that buy more platinum then others this is my opioin. And my thoughts on why they were not banned.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

It's simplicity itself to prove. OTM has access to the iTunes and gamecenter accounts signed into thier system. Single players share the same iTunes account different people (outside of families) do not share it. Such a small minorities of players have multiple iTunes accounts or play on friends devices it is a massive red flag and could even be automated with a 95%+ accuracy.

It really depends on the details. While its not stated in the TOS the risk to otm is when people share plat on a single account. This can get OTM in trouble - it violates the developer agreement OTM has signed with apple.

It's common knowledge that many clan banks are shared. However banning 40% of the clan banks - including many of the top clans - would probably result in such a dramatic loss of revenue to OTM they would go bankrupt. For this case OTM really needs to implement a clan bank system to disambiguate the practice of sharing and to make it uniformly enforced.

In my opinion account sharing is a form of cheating (albeit on the low end of the scale) because it is an unfair practice that undermines competition on a level playing field. It also opens yourself up to being scammed - most of the account sharing I have witnessed in mmos over the years ends badly - sometime years after sharing began.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

It's simplicity itself to prove. OTM has access to the iTunes and gamecenter accounts signed into thier system. Single players share the same iTunes account different people (outside of families) do not share it. Such a small minorities of players have multiple iTunes accounts or play on friends devices it is a massive red flag and could even be automated with a 95%+ accuracy.

It really depends on the details. While its not stated in the TOS the risk to otm is when people share plat on a single account. This can get OTM in trouble - it violates the developer agreement OTM has signed with apple.

It's common knowledge that many clan banks are shared. However banning 40% of the clan banks - including many of the top clans - would probably result in such a dramatic loss of revenue to OTM they would go bankrupt. For this case OTM really needs to implement a clan bank system to disambiguate the practice of sharing and to make it uniformly enforced.

In my opinion account sharing is a form of cheating (albeit on the low end of the scale) because it is an unfair practice that undermines competition on a level playing field. It also opens yourself up to being scammed - most of the account sharing I have witnessed in mmos over the years ends badly - sometime years after sharing began.

+1 to the clan bank systen
But these players were not clan banks and I hope that isn't how they snuck past the ban.
The players are high level plat buyers. Which is why I think otm refuses to ban them because they don't want to lose those consistent incomes.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

clan banks are exempt from the rule, just an fyi
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

If it's that easy then Otm OBVIOUSLY lets ppl get away with it then. I could rattle off names of ppl I KNOW but can't prove yet they continue on... Besides scamming it has allowed entire clans to level alts. I've seen alts at 100 on a Monday and camping snorri on Friday. Just an example.

-.-

We do not allow account sharing for a number of reasons:

*Account sharing can lead to scamming, as players are not aware just who is on the account.
*Account sharing can lead to scamming, as the 2nd,3rd ect user of the account can take items off that account and send them elsewhere - then items go missing and apparently the account has been 'hacked'.
*In the case of the information of the account being lost - it's impossible to determine who the owner of the account is as all users will have access to that accounts information.
*One user of that account may go off and sell the account, then the other users try and claim the account back - massive headache and this happens alot more than you'd think.
*In the case of the account being disabled - appeals cannot determine who the account owner of the account is as all users of the the account will possibly send in multiple appeals...
*All actions taken on an account as based on the account not on whatever player may be on it. This may lead to the account being disabled and a user of the account not knowing why.
*It's easier for support/community to get to know players when they know who is on that account. This enables us to better understand each players needs.
*Kills competitive nature between clans as mobs are easier to be camped if all high level accounts are always able to be logged in.

*The exception to this shared account rule is clan banks.

This policy is being looked into but I hope you can understand now just why we need to be so hard when it comes to shared accounts. Any questions/reports just pm me thanks. Player base seems to be 50/50 on the policy of if shared accounts is a good or bad thing.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Im aware clan banks are exempt from the rule . As I said these are high level plat buying players. And there is proof of sharing and other reliable people to the forums blue lettered people that even backed it up and admitted to it. Reguardless if it was a year or yesterday the rules were broken they should enforce their rules reguardless of the amout of play someone buys.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore