Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hobo's MMing Service

Hobo is trustworthy and has a good rep, as anyone could find out in a minute or two of research. Sometimes it's ok to make a negative comment, maybe necessary, but the inconclusiveness of some earlier posters is just ridiculous.
I could make a ton of new accounts with no posts and AstroTurf someone too. Honestly having a nub account with no in game references say he's trustworthy actually makes it shadier.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Hobo is trustworthy and has a good rep, as anyone could find out in a minute or two of research. Sometimes it's ok to make a negative comment, maybe necessary, but the inconclusiveness of some earlier posters is just ridiculous.
I could make a ton of new accounts with no posts and AstroTurf someone too. Honestly having a nub account with no in game references say he's trustworthy actually makes it shadier.
I am Thrift of the android server Balor. I made this account a little while back because i was going to use it solely for transferring servers. I'll make a comment on this post directly after to verify that it is me. Michael XXX can verify that i am Thrift and not hobo.

I am Thrift of the android server Balor. I made this account a little while back because i was going to use it solely for transferring servers. I'll make a comment on this post directly after to verify that it is me. Michael XXX can verify that i am Thrift and not hobo.
You see...?
What is posted above may or may not be valid.

Well that is... really sad because people spend their whole life on a game...
The absolutely funniest thing is that's how many real business deals work.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Just like when a guy pulls a knife on you on the street! Maybe he has a good offer on it and isn't trying to rob you! Better wait to see what he says before you conclude anything.

Statistically it is well established these are scams in mmos. From what I have seen it is over half the time and additionally "safe" people often snap and take all at some point.
1. This context has no relevance. This isn't life threatening and by saying that is completely blowing this circumstance out of proportion.
It's the exact same thing. You wouldn't risk your life on a stupid decision like thinking maybe that shady dude is offering me a cheap switchblade! It's exactly the same anyone with a brain wouldn't risk all of thier stuff with some shady dude that 'does it for free'.
2. My point is that you can't have any opinion on the intentions of friendlyhoboman until he has scammed you. Call me stupid but when you put it in proportion, having friendly hm be a middleman is exactly the same risk as having your best friend do an I Owe You.
If you want to hand over all your in game possessions then so be it. Don't cry when you are scammed.
You know this guy I assume?

In my original post I said its sad that people can be so conclusive without evidence.
I didn't say I wanted to use this service either, plus your life isn't at risk, and tbh, you haven't done any research on this person, which (unless you lacked a brain) you would do in any sort of multi server trade.
I agree I would never do that inter server thing and it does sound shady (no offence fhm) but I don't post negative rude responses.
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

1. This context has no relevance. This isn't life threatening and by saying that is completely blowing this circumstance out of proportion.
It's the exact same thing. You wouldn't risk your life on a stupid decision like thinking maybe that shady dude is offering me a cheap switchblade! It's exactly the same anyone with a brain wouldn't risk all of thier stuff with some shady dude that 'does it for free'.
2. My point is that you can't have any opinion on the intentions of friendlyhoboman until he has scammed you. Call me stupid but when you put it in proportion, having friendly hm be a middleman is exactly the same risk as having your best friend do an I Owe You.
If you want to hand over all your in game possessions then so be it. Don't cry when you are scammed.
You know this guy I assume?

In my original post I said its sad that people can be so conclusive without evidence.
I didn't say I wanted to use this service either, plus your life isn't at risk, and tbh, you haven't done any research on this person, which (unless you lacked a brain) you would do in any sort of multi server trade.
I agree I would never do that inter server thing and it does sound shady (no offence fhm) but I don't post negative rude responses.
First off I'm not talking about hobo I'm talking about this exact situation and why any sane person would strongly (and rightly) smell a scam. Go back and try to find my post where I say hobo is scamming people. With the way it was presented no one outside of desperate, clueless or fk it all kind of people will use it.

I can assure you I've seen a 'trusted middleman' in another mmo run with unbelievable wreck the server economy amounts of loot - around 150m ish by ch terms - and after nearly two years with no problems.

Oh and by the way OTMs offical response is basically the same as what I'm saying - all trades are final (external agreements are strongly discouraged and completely at your own risk).
220+ toons

Toon histogram: