Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 20 resistance against elemental?

OP has tons of money --> tons of money=top level 100 gear --> top level 100 gear=minimum 300 resistance --> therefore +20 resistance=insignificant

Basically, if you call ^that^ logic conjecture, then this logic:

OP asked a question about 20 resistance --> therefore +20 resistance=significant

is closing your eyes and taking a stab. :roll:

Regardless, I feel like I'm overexplaining myself a lot here on one small technicality… in the future don't ask me to defend my word choice (such as very insignificant). :)

This topic was posted for gear advice. My advice is, if you're level 100 and you've got $$, don't equip level 40 gear, and that includes Galar's set. You can get much better stuff for your level.
Now let me give you something based on my actual experience with the Necro boss in sewers. I usually have 1,354 Cold Resist. But when I wear my DL helm it adds +93 cold resist for a total of 1477 which is 93/1354 = 6.87%.

Pretty insignificant? One would think so but it is a lot of help. Instead of being hit with cold damage between 800-1200ish, I would see a drop from 600-1000. Again, although I do not have concrete data because it's impossible to keep a log of all the damage hits I receive, my perception is that wearing the DL helm, even if it's only a slight upgrade to cold resistance, reduces damage by a LOT.
Your DL helm also adds 160 chaos resistance. I'm pretty sure that Necro deals chaos damage, so that would sufficiently explain the damage reduction.

And, depending on the helm you would have equipped otherwise, it could enable the Dragonlord Aura set bonus, which grants +800 chaos resistance on top of that.

Dragonlord Aura set bonus for wearing helm? +800 chaos resistance? Keep in mind that the hat itself adds 160 chaos resistance as well.

I'm pretty sure that Necro deals chaos damage, so that would explain the damage reduction.
Okay, I know you said yourself you don't have very much experience in the end-game gear and bosses, so I won't fault you for not knowing that I do have chaos aura from the set bonus because I use a Modris helm.
Wearing the DL helm which has cold resist bonus doesn't increase nor decrease the chaos aura.
Furthermore, the necro spells are cold-based so chaos aura doesn't matter in the scenario I describe specially when I specifically said cold damage. No spell attack has more than one type of damage.
Much as you would like to think, I'm not talking out of my ass here. ;)
Last edited by Aileron on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Dragonlord Aura set bonus for wearing helm? +800 chaos resistance? Keep in mind that the hat itself adds 160 chaos resistance as well.

I'm pretty sure that Necro deals chaos damage, so that would explain the damage reduction.
Okay, I know you said yourself you don't have very much experience in the end-game gear and bosses, so I won't fault you for not knowing that I do have chaos aura from the set bonus because I use a Modris helm.
Haha, I remembered that and edited right before you posted this message.

OP has tons of money --> tons of money=top level 100 gear --> top level 100 gear=minimum 300 resistance --> therefore +20 resistance=insignificant

Basically, if you call ^that^ logic conjecture, then this logic:

OP asked a question about 20 resistance --> therefore +20 resistance=significant

is closing your eyes and taking a stab. :roll:

Regardless, I feel like I'm overexplaining myself a lot here on one small technicality… in the future don't ask me to defend my word choice (such as very insignificant). :)

This topic was posted for gear advice. My advice is, if you're level 100 and you've got $$, don't equip level 40 gear, and that includes Galar's set. You can get much better stuff for your level.
Now let me give you something based on my actual experience with the Necro boss in sewers. I usually have 1,354 Cold Resist. But when I wear my DL helm it adds +93 cold resist for a total of 1477 which is 93/1354 = 6.87%.

Pretty insignificant? One would think so but it is a lot of help. Instead of being hit with cold damage between 800-1200ish, I would see a drop from 600-1000. Again, although I do not have concrete data because it's impossible to keep a log of all the damage hits I receive, my perception is that wearing the DL helm, even if it's only a slight upgrade to cold resistance, reduces damage by a LOT.
Your DL helm also adds 160 chaos resistance. I'm pretty sure that Necro deals chaos damage, so that would sufficiently explain the damage reduction.

And, depending on the helm you would have equipped otherwise, it could enable the Dragonlord Aura set bonus, which grants +800 chaos resistance on top of that.
Am I OP? I dont have tons of money or gear haha