Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 20 resistance against elemental?

Resistances are severely underrated in this game. The problem is there's no numbers/percentages that people see so most think it's a useless stat/bonus.

If OTM would show how much damage reduction 100 points mean, then we'd be seeing how the Garanak set giving 200 elemental resistance is actually good for damage mitigation.
Right now, most think it's the worst set of the bunch, but it's actually like having a Royal Shield of the Mountain (even better since the shield only has 150 resistances) aura.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

+1 to what Aileron said.

However, the OP is referring to a level 40 Galar's Stonebark set, which only boosts 20 resistance. 20 resistance is very, very insignificant, especially as you level up more. Also, the stats on Galar's equipment are quite low.

Judging by your current signature, you're a level 100 mage. Definitely ditch the Galar's set and get some level 100 gear if possible (ideally a yule focus ammy, yule brooch, and yule focus ring instead).

+1 to what Aileron said.

However, the OP is referring to a level 40 Galar's Stonebark set, which only boosts 20 resistance. 20 resistance is very, very insignificant, especially as you level up more. Also, the stats on Galar's equipment are quite low.

Judging by your current signature, you're a level 100 mage. Definitely ditch the Galar's set and get some level 100 gear if possible (ideally a yule focus ammy, yule brooch, and yule focus ring instead).
Thank you for the feedback you two!

Well I recently obtained the galars stonebark set which adds 20resist again elemental attacks.
Is this good? Or useless? I dont know many mobs who use elemental attacks.
Elemental is magic/ fire/ ice and a lot if mobs use it.
Resistance is armor against it, for regular Armor does not protect from it, you basically have a 20 armor aura against elemental attacks,
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

+1 to what Aileron said.

I know he was referring to the low level set. How did you measure very, very insignificant? Your statement is based on conjecture with no real data/facts.
I know that as a warrior in Update 2, the shields that give +40 resistances were very good vs Stonevale mobs. i just don't have quantifiable numbers.

Just wear whatever event boss drop is near your level. If you are level 100, go for the aura set that the level 100 boss drops.

Elemental damage resists can be effective on mobs you know for sure use a specific type of element, but in general; stat adds, damage adds, or armor adds are the way to go. As Aileron said, we don't have any numbers to calculate exactly how effective elemental resistances can be, so its better to play it safe and use other aura sets/jewelry.

On a seperate note: This game also uses poison as an element. Certain offhands use poison, and there is some jewelry which resists it. For resists however, they are rather useless on most mobs as many do not use the poison element as far as we know. Boggan poisonclaw (something like that) is the only mob in game I know of which suggests using poison damage.
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS

+1 to what Aileron said.

I know he was referring to the low level set. How did you measure very, very insignificant? Your statement is based on conjecture with no real data/facts.
I know that as a warrior in Update 2, the shields that give +40 resistances were very good vs Stonevale mobs. i just don't have quantifiable numbers.
Why so hostile? :| Well… time to defend my conjecture with real data/facts.

Ok, so the OP's signature (at the time of this post) says he's a level 100 mage.

Armor
Somewhere around level 100, you can obtain full celestial armor. A full set adds a total of 313 resistance.
You can also buy otherworld opal armor. A full set of opal mage armor adds a total of 317 resistance.

Offhand
There are resistances on shields, but he's most likely using a focus offhand. Let's assume 0 resistance here.

Bracelets
Wearing two level 50 revenant braces adds a total of 100 resistance.
Wearing two level 100 bracelets of life and spirits adds a total of 150 resistance.
Wearing two level 100 bracelets of constitution adds a total of 300 resistance.

Rings
Wearing level 100 icecrystal magus and noble rings adds a total of 200 heat resistance and 200 cold resistance.

Before bashing me about this this, I am not saying that the OP has all this gear. I am simply listing off equipment that he could possibly wear.

Time for a realistic estimate of how much resistance the OP has. To do that, we have to figure out how much money he has.

In this thread from general discussion, he lists the items he gets from each chest after opening 100 chests. http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=56898
In this topic posted in the mage forum, he asks whether he should use a golden celestial dragonstaff, or a focus seer offhand and a dark aggy grim of flame. http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 49&t=56840
Here, he posts a screenshot of winning 1 mil gold from a chest. http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=54246
He also mentions world transfers of 500k to 1.3 mil in multiple threads. 1) http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=53647, 2) http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=52555, 3) http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=53676

It seems like our OP is pretty stacked.

Let's assume that he has full opal armor and bracelets of life and spirits. That's 467 resistance. What resistance bonus do you get from Galar's Stonebark set? 20…
487/467 = 1.043
A 4.3% increase in resistance is insignificant.

Now let's say that he has just full celestial armor and no jewelry. 313 resistance.
333/313 = 1.064
A 6.4% increase in resistance is still insignificant.

Even if you think that a 4-6% increase in resistance is somehow significant, keep in mind that you need to sacrifice three equipment slots (ammy, charm, ring) to get this 20 resistance boost. And with the OP's kind of money, he can most likely afford (or already has) a yule focus ammy, a yule brooch, and/or a yule focus ring, which is far superior gear.

A level 100 mage should have 300+ resistance already. That is why I say that for a level 100+ mage, 20 resistance is insignificant—and not only that, wearing level 40 stonebark gear is a downgrade compared to other level 100 items.

I applaud your explanation but the OP did not provide any information about his resources and current equipment - hence conjecture. I don't think I believe that you searched all his posts prior to answering. But if you actually did, then it's mighty good research. I think it was done after the fact and everything was based on your guesstimate what his current gear is as a level 100 mage.

Sorry I did not read all the threads you posted. But if he has already all that gear you mentioned (and you even talked about lux not being sold anymore), I doubt he'd be asking what 20 resists are worth :)
For someone with 100 resists, +20 can be a pretty significant increase.

Now let me give you something based on my actual experience with the Necro boss in sewers. I usually have 1,354 Cold Resist. But when I wear my DL helm it adds +93 cold resist for a total of 1477 which is 93/1354 = 6.87%.

Pretty insignificant? One would think so but it is a lot of help. Instead of being hit with cold damage between 800-1200ish, I would see a drop from 600-1000. Again, although I do not have concrete data because it's impossible to keep a log of all the damage hits I receive, my perception is that wearing the DL helm, even if it's only a slight upgrade to cold resistance, reduces damage by a LOT.