Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guide for Mages (in the making)

If you don't have the money to afford any focus providing off-hands, I guess that small damage off-hands (such as brands) are an okay substitute until level 90ish. After that, you really need to spend time/money into getting a good off-hand, if you want an effective mage.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

i feel there is a problem in the survivability ice mage tree, what happened to eboost? even as an unskilled ice mage, i didn't have eboost at lv 15 by lv 60, and as such i was praying for energy after every battle. i would NEED lux to do some battles. there is no longevity to the build imo bc you seem to practically need all points in focus for that to be effective…
but i am only lv 63 so i may be wrong...
Epona
EternalPower lv100
EternalHeal lv61
EternalFrost lv87
EternalShadow lv65
EternalAshes lv63
EternalWall lv37
N00B 4 LIFE :lol:
If you get hacked or scammed, dont quit, i didnt.
I do give signature updates!

eboost is crucial for a higher level ice mage. when paired with sigils you should be well off. regens simply arent enough, and if you have a lot of energy, regen lux is not that important.
just wondering
higher level mages lose most of their energy on their eshield, no?
or even with zero points in eshield and just skills like fireball and firestorm energy is still a huge problem?
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage

eboost is crucial for a higher level ice mage. when paired with sigils you should be well off. regens simply arent enough, and if you have a lot of energy, regen lux is not that important.
just wondering
higher level mages lose most of their energy on their eshield, no?
or even with zero points in eshield and just skills like fireball and firestorm energy is still a huge problem?
Storm and shards can be a problem. My 47/35 storm is around 600+ energy per cast, which actually a bit more than my 35/35 eshield.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

I have purposely not included energy boost in the builds that are not support-based, because everyone has different energy consumption levels, different levels of energy regeneration luxury items and different amount of sigils. If you are running out of energy, feel free to put points into energy boost.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

I have purposely not included energy boost in the builds that are not support-based, because everyone has different energy consumption levels, different levels of energy regeneration luxury items and different amount of sigils. If you are running out of energy, feel free to put points into energy boost.
ok that makes sense, thanks for clarification :)
Epona
EternalPower lv100
EternalHeal lv61
EternalFrost lv87
EternalShadow lv65
EternalAshes lv63
EternalWall lv37
N00B 4 LIFE :lol:
If you get hacked or scammed, dont quit, i didnt.
I do give signature updates!

Energy boost will never best option for energy regen:

U hv to max it 50/40 to get 305energy per tick each 6 sec and use 250 enrgy to cast once.

U hv to use e shield considering u 'solo' sometimes in order to cast it sucessfully.

Try sacrifice, u just need 15 points 15/50 to get 350 energy per instant cast and use about 220 health.
And it's cooldown like 6sec too(equivalent per tick)

Im thinking about a low budget fire mage, for beginning lvls is the flaming fury(fire dmg wand) and a brand a good start?
I actually think that a stave of tempests is a better mainhand at low levels. Just level up your novelty ability, it's not like the wand ability is going to help you later...
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!