Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

The constant sarcasm from plus and magixal is kind of annoying. Have you noticed that solum has been nothing but nice to you yet you shoot him down like he is an idiot.

To vraelan. I was not trying to "disprove" science. I was simply stating that the way atheists try to prove evolution is deeply flawed. God is not sexist. If he made women, he can put them in any dang place he fricking wants. If he did this to man, I would be upset, but learn that God still loves me JUST AS MUCH as anybody else. That should be enough. But since you guys are "firm", not stubborn, I will go further. There was a city named Soddom (sorry spelling old cities is not my strong suit) that was full of homosexuality. He blew it up then burned it down. He made a man warn the people that if they did not change their ways, they would be punished. The people did not listen. My point? Either plus3 or magixal said sarcastically, "what a nice guy". God is a just and fair god. It's not like He wants to destroy everyone. Sin was spreading and He stopped it. Someone also said that Hitler started the Holocaust because he saw in the bible the prediction of mass killing of Jews. What a coincidence!! This just blows my mind. How could someone be so close-minded?
Right since people don't chose to be gay they are born that way god made them gay so he could kill them. God loves gay people he just thinks they should be put to death.

Every time I see this biblical nonsense I think of the original shinning with jack Nicholson sayin " I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. Bash them right the f*** in!!!!"

Not to mention the babies living there. Those sinning babies. Put them to death to in the name of our all loving god!!
Again, please stop with the sarcasm. Babies are different. God does not judge babies. Babies go to heaven because God knows that babies can't process the fact that God made them. God did not make people gay, and they are not born that way.... He doesn't think anyone should be put to death! He lets them ask for forgiveness, but if they choose to ignore him, they are punished. It's fair, if you can't see that then that's sad. Say I broke a window on purpose at school. I ignored the rules and vandalized the school. So what you're saying is that it's unfair for me to be punished because I didn't know the rules even though I did. Our world is sad.
No no no I get it now. Babies are different of course. No need to be a sinner just be a sinners baby and get your skull bashed in by all loving Jesus himself! He sends babies to a better place like those cute baby seals. He does ask the babies for forgiveness - but they just coo - so he knows what to do!
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Not this topic again :|
You mean the fact that Christians in america are responsible for the bulk of the homophobia?

Or the bible says god kills babies and sends them to a better place?

I'm confused which you find more uncomfortable. Please tell!
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

people are born gay. it is not a choice, it occurs in every other species and humans are the only ones who villify it
I understand there have been studies of people being born gay, but what does that actually mean? Is it an attraction, or is it love?
x*Warrior Tank*x
x*Arawn*x
x*BadaBing*x

Critical thinking greatly intrigues me.

Lol yes threequal isn't a thing so what.

Anyway, to plus3, so I assume that you still believe in leeches curing most diseases right? Because at one point that was thought to be the case and at that time could be considered "science".

It's the same for us, first of all, and I don't know wen you will get this through your thick skull, just because someone is chiristian, does not make them homophobic.

The same way that someone who is atheist, doesn't make someone a shallow douche, kinda of like you are but Vraelan isn't.

The bible has so many antiquated laws that you bring up that current Christians no longer have to follow because of Jesus Christs sacrifice. So educate yourself on that before making false claims.
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

I find it funny that yet again the atheists avoid parts of the posts and twist the feast to make it look as if we are evil. Solembum said several times things such as 'exceptions' and Plus3 completely avoided that, the further twisted posts.

Also notice the ones insulting people (more often, Christians arent perfect, were still human!) are the ones without God and His Love in their lives.
I avoided nothing. I point out how the bible is highly sexist in its "role" for women. It's pretty much a fact as you can read the bible and look at the definition of sexism. It's prerty much a textbook definition.

And yes I take a condescending tone to anyone who disbelieves reality. Believes myth in the face of cold hard facts.

Like the guy who thinks radar guns and gps are the work of lying athiest sinners. That was priceless.

Keep going everyone I reallllly enjoy this it's highly amusing.
Btw plus, they aren't cold hard facts, it's still a theory.
Uzi you just got +1 retard points and have proven how little you really know about science, a scientific theory is something of which is undoubtably correct with the current evidence we have
:edited for spelling error
Last edited by Magixal on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The constant sarcasm from plus and magixal is kind of annoying. Have you noticed that solum has been nothing but nice to you yet you shoot him down like he is an idiot.

To vraelan. I was not trying to "disprove" science. I was simply stating that the way atheists try to prove evolution is deeply flawed. God is not sexist. If he made women, he can put them in any dang place he fricking wants. If he did this to man, I would be upset, but learn that God still loves me JUST AS MUCH as anybody else. That should be enough. But since you guys are "firm", not stubborn, I will go further. There was a city named Soddom (sorry spelling old cities is not my strong suit) that was full of homosexuality. He blew it up then burned it down. He made a man warn the people that if they did not change their ways, they would be punished. The people did not listen. My point? Either plus3 or magixal said sarcastically, "what a nice guy". God is a just and fair god. It's not like He wants to destroy everyone. Sin was spreading and He stopped it. Someone also said that Hitler started the Holocaust because he saw in the bible the prediction of mass killing of Jews. What a coincidence!! This just blows my mind. How could someone be so close-minded?
Right since people don't chose to be gay they are born that way god made them gay so he could kill them. God loves gay people he just thinks they should be put to death.

Every time I see this biblical nonsense I think of the original shinning with jack Nicholson sayin " I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. Bash them right the f*** in!!!!"

Not to mention the babies living there. Those sinning babies. Put them to death to in the name of our all loving god!!
Again, please stop with the sarcasm. Babies are different. God does not judge babies. Babies go to heaven because God knows that babies can't process the fact that God made them. God did not make people gay, and they are not born that way.... He doesn't think anyone should be put to death! He lets them ask for forgiveness, but if they choose to ignore him, they are punished. It's fair, if you can't see that then that's sad. Say I broke a window on purpose at school. I ignored the rules and vandalized the school. So what you're saying is that it's unfair for me to be punished because I didn't know the rules even though I did. Our world is sad.
Yeah, but you chose to break that window. You don't choose to be gay, its like if I told you to stop being a man or I would kill you in cold blood, does that work? No.

people are born gay. it is not a choice, it occurs in every other species and humans are the only ones who villify it
I understand there have been studies of people being born gay, but what does that actually mean? Is it an attraction, or is it love?
It has to do with neurons connections, and its as real as your love with ur respective girlfriend/wife if you have one.

Lol yes threequal isn't a thing so what.

Anyway, to plus3, so I assume that you still believe in leeches curing most diseases right? Because at one point that was thought to be the case and at that time could be considered "science".

It's the same for us, first of all, and I don't know wen you will get this through your thick skull, just because someone is chiristian, does not make them homophobic.

The same way that someone who is atheist, doesn't make someone a shallow douche, kinda of like you are but Vraelan isn't.

The bible has so many antiquated laws that you bring up that current Christians no longer have to follow because of Jesus Christs sacrifice. So educate yourself on that before making false claims.
That was possibly the worst example in the world, leeches are still used in science, for things such as gangrene leeches are the best option, because they eat the dead cells down to a microscopic level, so all dead cells are gone, even with a laser you have to leave 1 layer of dead cells, otherwise you are cutting into dead skin.

Ok, so I thought I would go back to the OP and discuss what people apparently think is a barbaric mistake.

At the time of its use, medical science was not far at all; especially due to the high level of religious institutions that would still have enough influence to impact anyone who would seek information that may disprove a god.

There is no doubt that the idea that all illness resulted from an imbalance of the four humours (or some other such theory)—blood, black bile, yellow bile, and phlegm—is incorrect, but scientists of the time were still on the right track.

Bloodletting, or phlebotomy, through leeches actually helped with a few of the more common sicknesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and pulmonary oedema. Even a few rare diseases, such as haemochromatosis, where there is an overabundance of iron in the blood, required simple bloodletting and today it still remains as the most common solution.

The most important lesson to gain is that science put us on the right track as we continue to find patterns and modify our knowledge. I would say the possible chance that leeches could help is still better than the alternative, which would be to sit down and pray with a guaranteed effectiveness of zero. Well, perhaps .0001 as there are times when the placebo effect could allow a person to cure oneself.