Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Does Vines Damage Stack?

I have been casting Vines multiple times on Black Guards and Errants of Doom and I am not seeing the damage stacking, it still hits for 30-36. I am lvl 36 with vines and natural magic maxed. I also have a Ranger with Bolas maxed and not seeing DOT damage stacking. Anyone know if this was by design or a bug?
Arawn: HotHealer, Belgaron, Ulath, ShadowWalker, Sparhawk
Level: 50 Druid, 54 Mage, 61 Ranger, 50 Rogue, 42 Warrior
Clan: Juppongatana

Re: Does Vines Damage Stack?

Hey HotHealer!

It's by design as best as I can tell. It appears that the same lvl effects when applied will refresh the effect and time duration. Different lvls of the same appear to stack though and this could ultimately play a strategic role in class builds within a clan raid enviroment. Seeing two different lvls of barkskin stacking on a warrior is a good example.

If anyone has something to add, or can refute this, I'd be eager to know more.

Hey Gauz!!

What's up Babe, thanks for replying. I figured that was the case after 10 tries. Oh well what can a girl do!! I was hoping for 2 or 3 ticks of double damage right before the first vines expired.

See you tonight.
Arawn: HotHealer, Belgaron, Ulath, ShadowWalker, Sparhawk
Level: 50 Druid, 54 Mage, 61 Ranger, 50 Rogue, 42 Warrior
Clan: Juppongatana

I've been thinking about the stacking question recently, because I think it would be really interesting to have a Druid group, root and stack vine the mob.

But If I understand what you are saying, if two Druids both have vines at 10/10, the second Druid's vines will simply overwrite the first? Yet if one Druid is at 9/10 and the second is at 10/10, they will stack, draining the mob faster?

Thanks for your help.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

I beleive the higher damage vines will override the lower one.

Likewise, if the higher one casts first, I think the lower one casting second will get a message saying the mob resisted the spell. At least that's what I saw when I was a bit more noobly than I am now
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn