Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apple vs. Microsoft vs. Google

Google for phone. Microsoft for computer
well it really depends on what u want. PC's are more universal and there are more programs for them, including viruses. i much prefer ios, it runs better and there are more apps on appstore than google play. apple products will always run better and last longer. :D
While it is true that pcs get more viruses, that is only if you are go on the bad side of the internet, and plz dont say macs cant get viruses, macs can get viruses.

Google for phone. Microsoft for computer
well it really depends on what u want. PC's are more universal and there are more programs for them, including viruses. i much prefer ios, it runs better and there are more apps on appstore than google play. apple products will always run better and last longer. :D
While it is true that pcs get more viruses, that is only if you are go on the bad side of the internet, and plz dont say macs cant get viruses, macs can get viruses.
i understand that, and i think that it is a dumb argument cuz a pc can just get an anti virus program. but macs are still more secure.

happy thanksgiving!

I definitely prefer Android over Apple. I understand that the response time is lower and most of the designs are lackluster, but is that all that we are looking for in a phone? I for one am certainly not being limited so easily.

The Interfaces:

Let's start with iOS 7's brand new flat interface:

+ The new lock screen startup fades from black into your chosen lock screen wallpaper, instead of an interface that snaps onto the screen

+ The transparency incorporation is magnificent

+ The explosion of apps directly from their icons is clever

+ The Control Center is easily accessible

Here are the bad elements:

- The new default home screen is absolutely nauseous.

- There is an over abundance of glitches caused by lack of patience to release

- The features incorporated are ones that should have been incorporated years back, and are not new, relative to other phone brands

- Limit on number of home screens

Androids turn:

+ The Android lock screen is easier to unlock, since swiping in any direction activates your phone

+ There are app shortcuts directly on the lock screen

+ The notifications bar is always across the top of the screen, but never protrudes

+ A double flick upwards takes you to your personalized Magazine

+ Google Now is much more accurate and has a smarter AI than that of Siri

+ Completely customizable, even without a root (jailbreak)

+ Lock screen transition is the best on any phone, hands down

+ Amazing effects and interaction capabilities

+ Beautiful call screens

Android's slip-ups:

- Slightly cluttered UI (soon to be cleaned up by the new update dubbed Android Kit Kat)

- Limit on number of home screens (also soon to be fixed in the new update)

- Fewer effects on the default camera app (may be added in the new update)

I will add other things later (Phone designs, features, etc.), and if any of you would like to add anything, feel free!
x*Warrior Tank*x
x*Arawn*x
x*BadaBing*x

Critical thinking greatly intrigues me.

i understand that, and i think that it is a dumb argument cuz a pc can just get an anti virus program. but macs are still more secure.

happy thanksgiving!
You think your own argument is dumb?

From 1-10, your understanding of computer hardware and software is 2 (IMO)

People who rave about the ALL new iOS 7 are very ignorant. Android is years ahead of the updates that Apple devices got this year.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

happy thanksgiving!

People who rave about the ALL new iOS 7 are very ignorant. Android is years ahead of the updates that Apple devices got this year.
And I would say this puts your understanding at a 1. First and foremost Android didn't really invent anything. Palm and Windows Mobile did. Second, Apple has a great deal of patience. They wait and make sure its done right. Now there are definitely things about iOS7 that I don't like but remember it was 3rd party devs (myself included back in the day) that made Android what it is today.

Also, if you think Android's hardware is superior to Apple.... well.. thats just plain stupid. Enjoy your plastic.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

I definitely prefer Android over Apple. I understand that the response time is lower and most of the designs are lackluster, but is that all that we are looking for in a phone? I for one am certainly not being limited so easily.

The Interfaces:

Let's start with iOS 7's brand new flat interface:

+ The new lock screen startup fades from black into your chosen lock screen wallpaper, instead of an interface that snaps onto the screen

+ The transparency incorporation is magnificent

+ The explosion of apps directly from their icons is clever

+ The Control Center is easily accessible

Here are the bad elements:

- The new default home screen is absolutely nauseous.
Can easily be turned off

- There is an over abundance of glitches caused by lack of patience to release
Definitely some bugs yes, but not an "Over Abundance" iCloud still kind of sucks though :)

- The features incorporated are ones that should have been incorporated years back, and are not new, relative to other phone brands
Agreed

- Limit on number of home screens
I dont understand this one. You can have as many pages for your home screen as you want. Just like Android's home screens are in pages. You flick left and right on iOS just like android. The only difference is that I don't have to go and download some bogged down, men intensive home screen manager to do it properly.

Androids turn:

+ The Android lock screen is easier to unlock, since swiping in any direction activates your phone
I touch my finger and viola, its unlocked. Swiping is soooo 2012.. :)

+ There are app shortcuts directly on the lock screen
iOS has the same:

apps that have notifications up
the camera
all toggles
the today screen

All of those are available on the lock screen.

+ The notifications bar is always across the top of the screen, but never protrudes

+ A double flick upwards takes you to your personalized Magazine

+ Google Now is much more accurate and has a smarter AI than that of Siri
You're bat-unfathomable crazy. GN is slow puke.

+ Completely customizable, even without a root (jailbreak)
I don't want to have to root my phone to make it work right.

+ Lock screen transition is the best on any phone, hands down

+ Amazing effects and interaction capabilities
I hate transition effects. They are battery drainers and annoying. But thats just an opinion so doesn't matter much.

+ Beautiful call screens

Android's slip-ups:

- Slightly cluttered UI (soon to be cleaned up by the new update dubbed Android Kit Kat)

- Limit on number of home screens (also soon to be fixed in the new update)

- Fewer effects on the default camera app (may be added in the new update)

I will add other things later (Phone designs, features, etc.), and if any of you would like to add anything, feel free!
Besides screen size (which I'm sure apple will adjust soon enough) there is no competition between any android device and the iPhone. The iPhone is a marvel of design.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

tgwaste did most of my arguing.

happy thanksgiving!

then you dont have a very good opinion. and there is a difference between more secure and "not getting as many viruses" in case you didnt know.