Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is it realistic to even hit 240?

I have bought very little plat in total (admin could probably confirm) and im 185.
It requires effort not money. As the current hard cap is 200 it is entirely impossible to hit 240.
Admin said the hard cap is not 200. Said its a bug. But I'm saying the time it takes also. This game should be thought of as a two hour a day thing when you want. But you gotta be on constantly just to get far in the game. And when it gets tiring, money is needed.
World- Sulis
FrostKnight- LVL 222 Ranger
FrostDagger- LVL 198 Rogue
Sancus- LVL 197 Mage

im a 140+ ranger who hasent bought plat ._. and im hoping to getting at least 170+ withen 2 ish months xD :D and atm its not possible to hit 140 but ive heard that the FINAL hardcap that mite be released is 240 so at some point it will be possible
edit: not possible to hit 240 not 140
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Re: Is it realistic to even hit 240

So I heard apparently it's like 20 elixirs a BAR at around 180 just to level. If this is true then who the heck who would want to start this game not knowing they have to pay thousands of dollars just to reach max level.
Lmao it was about 10 lix a level soloing on under levelled mobs from 182-185

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Would it be worth it even if you could though, you'd never be grouped for bosses in ffa fights with target lock as it is.
For ever solo...
So I heard apparently it's like 20 elixirs a BAR at around 180 just to level. If this is true then who the heck who would want to start this game not knowing they have to pay thousands of dollars just to reach max level.
Doesn't necessarily cost you I know alot of high levels that don't plat, plenty ways to make gold in game just might take a lil longer
Last edited by Balboa on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite

Why is this even a question? It's like asking back in Update 3 if level 200 was realistic to hit. The highest level mob at the time was 150, and the highest level attained was what - 160? 161?

Obviously not at the current state of the game, but if OTM releases Expansion #6 with level 230 mobs, then the answer is yes.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I think the problem is that some people might not understand the difference between a soft cap and a hard cap.

A hard cap is the upper level that the game engine will allow. Once that level is reached, there is no way to move beyond that level, though there may be extra add-ons that can be achieved.

For instance, back when I was playing Everquest about 15 years ago, the hard level cap was 60. Level 61 did not exist. That being said, once level 60 was reached, you could gain a parallel experience that would give more power to your abilities etc.

A soft cap is the level that can be achieved in the live game due to the experience that can be gained due to the level of the mobs, or quests.

The underlying question of the OP is a valid one. Who would want to start this game? The answer is many people. We play for enjoyment etc. regardless if we feel that we can hit 200 in the next month or not. It is completely relative, though. You might think that the level 60 cap I mentioned above sounds like a breeze... but it wasn't (I quit before I reached max level, btw, but my rl friends who I played with did.) Heck, it took me a month of playing to go from level 24-25, and again from 30-31, if I recall correctly, because they had these "hell levels" in place, and death resulted in a loss of gained experience. It was great fun though.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.