Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Assessment of update 4 skills

Going through each skill, with pros and cons

Quick strike:
Yay its fixed! No cast time so it is quite literally free damage. Having it will always increase dps because even if it gets evaded you dont lose dps

Shadow strike:
Poison damage, great damage, very quick cast time. Not 100% sure if it is free dmg like qs, but if it has a cast effect it isn't noticeable and the dmg is no resisted unless the mob is a poison mob

Assassinate:
Ugh still crap, huge energy cost, huge cast time, huge cooldown. Not worth the points please veer away from this skill

Sneaky attack:
Im 50/50 on this one. Dps wise i hate it. However, a boss can not evade it and with the incredibly high defence/evasions on new bosses it is a useful skill
(Figures otm makes skills useful by making melee useless )

Double attack:
Same as sneaky attack

Rend:
Rend is again an interesting one because though the dot sucks, cast is very quick, energy cost is low, and on bosses where you see "miss miss miss miss miss" that 100 dmg/tic makes a difference.

Life steal:
Awesome for soloing, and bossing if the clan cant spare druids for the dps. No complaints with this skill

Fast reflexes:
Makes a huge difference when soloing, not so much on bosses

Smoke bomb: again great skill on bosses and solo xp, i do wish it lasted longer as it is a pain to constantly cast.

Expose weakness: awesome on bosses if you like to help mages out dps you :p or if you can put aside your pride to benefit the clan.

Poison weapon: brilliant! If you can land enough hits to make a difference :/ so really good for xp, or if you are way over the level of the boss.

Riposte:
Great for xp, high hits help that cant be evaded, sounds good to me

Distract: this skill scares me for one reason. I have no clue what putting points into it actually does...

Skewer: ugh what a horrid skill. You root a mob AT MELEE RANGE for 5 seconds... What exactly does that do for anyone? :/ like a 10-15 second root i might understand why a rogue might commit suicide to stop a rampaging boss but even so, who uses spears...

Play dead: cool animation, good for pvp, but pve its crap, especially on bosses. Because guess what? No resists means that you get one hit by the next aoe.

Hide: awesome that it overlaps now, great if you don't have a camo and need to et somewhere without spending a fortune in idols or invis pots

All in all it really feels like rogues have been given a bunch of awesome skills for soloing and for support. Not so much for getting the kills which has always kinda been the point of rogues

Re: Assessment of update 4 skills

Isn't double attack a waste of points? Even though it cannot be evaded, it still uses up valuable skill points.
I use it as an auto that never misses now :D
Houston/rogue216-lvl 216 combined-140 rogue and 76 druid,

Become one with the 216 today! Consultations are Monday- Friday 8 am to 6pm. No walk-ins, only scheduled appointments allowed!

Re: Assessment of update 4 skills

I also have no points in the skill. And cast it when other skills are recharging.

I do think the rogue is most interesting to play atm. I just love the life steal and wish the game would get some more insta cast skills. like throw dagger, interupt, deflect, dodge, even a new heal skill for each class could be interesting.
Lol I was thinking of knife throw too! And we need an area of effect skill!
Houston/rogue216-lvl 216 combined-140 rogue and 76 druid,

Become one with the 216 today! Consultations are Monday- Friday 8 am to 6pm. No walk-ins, only scheduled appointments allowed!