Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Plea for OTM response on Druid energy issues

I remember before healing aggy at 120 with top end regens, a brace helm and ammy was nearly enough to keeping my energy up the whole 15+ mins it took to kill. Used a pot or 2 a fight to top off cause I don't like being at half energy but yeah, lux regens actually made a big difference. Now I'm lucky to last a couple of minutes before completely depleting my 8k energy and with a talisman of stars, bracelet of souls, and the 25 regen offhand. You'd think you would expect a little more since the pricetag is fairly huge, 1.2m or so which translates to over $200 in direct gold-plat-rl cash exchange. $200 to boost my skills effectiveness a bit and add a bunch of energy into my sink even though the main purpose of these items was to be regenerating hp/energy efficiently to have a boost and an advantage over those who can't afford it, that is why it's called 'luxury' right?

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I remember before healing aggy at 120 with top end regens, a brace helm and ammy was nearly enough to keeping my energy up the whole 15+ mins it took to kill. Used a pot or 2 a fight to top off cause I don't like being at half energy but yeah, lux regens actually made a big difference. Now I'm lucky to last a couple of minutes before completely depleting my 8k energy and with a talisman of stars, bracelet of souls, and the 25 regen offhand. You'd think you would expect a little more since the pricetag is fairly huge, 1.2m or so which translates to over $200 in direct gold-plat-rl cash exchange. $200 to boost my skills effectiveness a bit and add a bunch of energy into my sink even though the main purpose of these items was to be regenerating hp/energy efficiently to have a boost and an advantage over those who can't afford it, that is why it's called 'luxury' right?
This speaks to either:
1) druid energy issues
2) platinum to gold valuations needing adjustment such that 1 million gold costs considerably less than $200
or
3) both
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

This speaks to either:
1) druid energy issues
2) platinum to gold valuations needing adjustment such that 1 million gold costs considerably less than $200
or
3) both
It all sort of ties in to the same topic, we have energy problems that new *expensive* lux was supposed to fix. We still have energy problems and the only problem the lux fixed was making my obese pile of gold lose some weight but that wasn't a problem that needed fixing.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I also worry that Admin, if you truly plan on addressing the Druid community's struggles/concerns/frustrations regarding energy and the reality at present that while we can raise spells to 35, 45, even 50 and beyond (with jewelry) the energy consumption is prohibitive.

For example on my arena daily, (as others have attested to) I can use a high vines, lightning, storm, swarm, and do nice damage, but not near enough to finish the boss before I am completely out of energy. So, if I am not using an energy elixir, my options are either to group or get outside help, or to use a much lower spell power that keeps my energy cost/spell cast no higher than 200.

If you believe this is fair because you wanted to give us damage spells that we can only cast on occasion, or more frequently in diluted form, please say so, or, if you do want us to have viable branches (healer)(damager)(hybrid) I wonder how item dependency is going to fix the current struggles. The ONLY way I can see this working is if there are Druid-only items that help define these branches, so a dps-oriented staff or totem with built-in energy reduction cost for dps spells, or a totem/staff/book with built-in support spell perks with negatives to dps spells. But, these items would need to A) be druid specific otherwise relative to Mages, we would still have balancing issues with regard to energy and B) these items would need to lower the energy cost by a percentage of certain spells (DPS) and (support) potentially on mutually exclusive implements.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

I understand that giving a druid better energy management reduces the need for a mage to run battery for the druid, but mages are usually busy with their own energy recovery.

Another issue is finding a mage to group with. I've learned that leveling in this game, especially if your time is limited, requires the ability to solo. There are times when there are only 3-4 people in Carrowmore, and finding people your level to group with is another issue. I understand higher levels will take a lower level druid, but there's a a lot of standing around waiting for this. If you rely on groups only to level, this game becomes less desirable to play because you find yourself standing around bored all the time. Being able to solo while waiting for people to group with is so important for keeping people engaged in the game.

I don't understand why their's a reluctancy to increase a druid's energy management.
Mages won't care as it will allow them to spend more time worrying about killing things with lure support and spells.
Other classes wont care because they don't have to worry about their druid missing a heal because of energy issues.
People would find playing Druid more desirable if energy management wasn't such a burden. It's a game stopper making the Druid one of the least desirable classes to play.

Druid is the 2nd least played class on this game, and I'm wondering what the ratio is for people that play druids as a main vs someone using a druid to heal their main while dual devicing.

Let's look at some game stats as of October 8, 2013:
Warriors: 213 players level 180+, 539 players level 150+, 1024 players level 120+, 2019 players level 90+
Rogues: 169 players level 180+, 476 players level 150 +, 855 players level 120+, 1635 players level 90+
Rangers: 138 players level 180+, 344 players level 150+, 646 players level 120+, 1364 players level 90+
Mage: 114 players level 180+, 253 players level 150+, 501 players level 120+, 992 players level 90+
Druid: 79 players 180+, 283 players level 150+, 667 players level 120+, 1202 players level 90+

I believe the community would applaud an improvement to the druid experience. It is currently miserable because of energy issues. Energy elixirs should be optional, not a requirement. Forcing druids to require them could be causing people to quit the game, which means less money spent on super knowledge elixirs.
Lvl 191 Mage, to lazy to level past that.
Lvl 150 Druid
Rhiannon