Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the purpose of a rogue?

Brookie if your getting out dpsd on 6* on heroic hastes with full dlord and weap your doing something wrong. Seem to always get kill now that i finished my dlord stuff.
Can your mages hit near 6k firebolt?? 8k iceshards... 6k firestorm....
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

This is not sarcastic in any way. What is the purpose of rogues?
Dps? Sure they can dps but are useless at boss fights because of kiting and rooting and mages do 2x as much damage
Support? A couple of support skills but dont help much compared to healing or lures
Tanking? Not at all cant keep aggro and get shredded because of low armor(which im fine with because we arnt meant to have high armor)
Healing? Lol not in any way can they heal

At bosses i sit back and do nothing but kill an occasional add or poison rangers:/
If i get close furious sweep or tribal blade kills me even with high vit
So i just afk bosses or heal with my druid
So what good is a 177+ rogue at bosses besides poisoning rangers?
If i try to smokebomb or expose weakness i get killed before i can even cast
I would like to be the best at something
Currently we are 2nd best damage, 4th best support, tied at 2nd for taking hits with rangers,

Yes this is a complaint but i would like to feel like i have some worth at bosses.
My clanmates try to be positive and tell me add control is important which it is but we only kill an occational 1-4 adds
I want to be the best at something or just as good
As of right now i feel more like a burden then an asset
Please OTM think this over
I feel like retiring my rogue and leveling my mage because of this
The best way i could think of doing this is giving rogues assasin lure and throwing daggers!
How about u not sit back and actually try for the killl
Sure ur gonna burn idols and pota but yea if u honestley thinknu can't kill it get a good build n go balls in not only will u get kill but the boss will drop 2x as fast
We rarely even have luree anymore
Winners train
Losers complain
We do work
Alskar Rosemerta
Supa....Druid 180 (I killed hrun weooo full dragon offhand and wep)
iBenYourBro....rouge 80+

This is just stupid, Rouges are still the best DPS, at least those that know how to play a rouge.

Gone are the days of pushing auto and walking to the frig for another beer. Rouges are now required to think. That is probably more behind this post than rouges losing their way.

I do well on 180 by buffing up on Fast Reflex, Berries Buff, and then run in, unload all my skill hits, run out, stand by druid, heal, buff, redo...

Actually works good.
Far more challenging than just auto dps.

Aara i hate to tell you but rogues are not best dps anymore and i dont believe best add control either. On normal mobs arhan and hector manage to out dps me more times then not. On bosses its about even but they can kill the adds without them getting touched. I hve to use many pots to beat add even if i do it efficiently.

I will agree out support is decent but its nothing compared to a mages we might help them hit 50% more they increase out hits by 400% there is no comparison there.

The dps between a rogue and a mage is pretty much equal.

The staying alive in boss fights factor rogues are the underdogs

All in all rogues are not doing there job properly imo as i hve said many times there dps is ment to be the best so why for there damage over time skill suck. At level 50 yes 50! I do 750 damage per tick on stats page. At level 44 a friend of mine does 2.3k vines! At level 44 o.o!!! By the time its 50 it would be close to 2.7-2.8k. My damage over time buff should be doing at least 1.5k per tick... :/

Also bosses defence and pirece resist are so high that our autos mean nothing now which is sad i would like to see all resist on all bosses equal o give each class a fair chance of taking it out and all bosses defence needs to be halved.

Rangers are currently worse off though but a slight change is needed for rogues as a drastic one is needed for rangers imo.

You're forgetting that they have spent alot of $$$ on sigils so they are able to essentially spam their skills and can afford to have them maxed without running out of energy. I dont dissagree that if a mage has alot of sigs it is possible to out dps a rouge, but they need to spend alot of money on sigs and sacrifice pretty much all health and will die in one hit (not saying that rogues dont have low health too, just saying mages die easier). I think what needs to be done is mage survivability needs to be increased and rogue autos should have a much larger chance of hitting.

As far as ranger go, i really cant go off of anything besides what ive heard since i rarely play ranger. And from what ive heard i completely agree that rangers need some help.

A rogue with no sigs vs a mage with no sigs.. Rogue will win every time.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

I have read about Brookie's build and he doesn't have the best possible build if he is aiming to go for kills. That said, Mages are still pretty damn powerful and a top DPS Mage in top Aggy Gear would be/should be destroying everyone on these bosses with ridiculously high defence and physical resist.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

I have read about Brookie's build and he doesn't have the best possible build if he is aiming to go for kills. That said, Mages are still pretty damn powerful and a top DPS Mage in top Aggy Gear would be/should be destroying everyone on these bosses with ridiculously high defence and physical resist.
Woah dont get me wrong i get alot of kills be my gear is what i would call close to perfect. Mages can still get close they shouldn't beable too

I have 350 str
450 dex
120 vit
All without add ons

I dont die alot i get druids to do there job and we have great kiters but i can lose kills

I hav 40 shadowstrike possible to do 2.4k
50 Sneak possible to do 8.35k
50 rend 742 damage over time (this needs a boost for 50 rend it should be at least 1.5* that imo.)
50 quick possible to do 3.2k damage
1860 damage and 3680 attack...
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

no purpose in rogues or rangers atm...

they both have slightly above average damage but can be outdpsed by a mage
they both have horrible hp
and they obviously cant heal...
First of all i believe you shouldnt talk until you have played either one. Ranger needs a huge dmg and defense boost. Rogues imo need a very very slight dmg boost. They dont have horrible hp. They have god awful armor. But both should have high dps. Rangers have second best heal. And i repeat try playing one of these classes. Rogues dont! Dont! Heal! What rogue heals. They use a pot regen or screw it run in there and mess up the mob/boss with no health. Like i saod try playing either class and at least getting full frozen before you talk. Ty
-alpha