Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the purpose of a rogue?

We are rogues, the highest melee not skills. We are an additional dps where without any rogues almost every boss (that's actually in your level range) will enrage because the kills will be too slow. 2k skill dmg from mages are bs compared to 4 1k dmg hits in a very short amount of time.
On a boss fight my 2k damage hits 200 and i miss 70% of time even with 50 smoke bomb... So please you have no clue.
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

If you want to survive during bosses, have around 500 vit and 300 plus dex, anything else in str. Make sure you have life steal maxed and atleast 30 points in distract. Spamming distract will help a ton with the aggro situation. When you take aoe dmg do a quick life steal and if boss doesnt endure it u just healed yourself for a 400-800 heal. I find life steal keeps me alive just along enough for our druids or even rangers with light heal to help heal me back to full health. Purpose of a rogue is dps, you just have to learn how to survive. Trust me youll still die during bosses ,but with this strategy its a lot easier to survive when using my rogue during a boss than it was in the first couple weeks.
World - Mabon
-Bluntm4n- Rogue 225 EDL armor and MH/OH
-B0las- Ranger 211 EDL armor DL MH/OH
-YellaHeals- Druid 200 DL armor and MH/OH
Clan - Elite

I see you point, but i disagree with some things youve said. For example, a mage does nowhere near 2x more dmg then a rogue, if the mage can even out dps the rogue (which it usually cant), and this is assuming equivilant gear, both set up as dps, no pots used, no sigs, and same lvl.

I agree (for the most part) with the rest of your points. Rogues are the main crowd control for mobs, they can't tank, and they can't heal any better then warriors or mages. On the other hand, if you go full support rogue your support skills can actually be very good and helpful when bossing. I would have to say that rogues are definately still best dps though.
As far as i have heard AoE will be reduced and this should really help rogues out as far as surviving goes.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Aara i hate to tell you but rogues are not best dps anymore and i dont believe best add control either. On normal mobs arhan and hector manage to out dps me more times then not. On bosses its about even but they can kill the adds without them getting touched. I hve to use many pots to beat add even if i do it efficiently.

I will agree out support is decent but its nothing compared to a mages we might help them hit 50% more they increase out hits by 400% there is no comparison there.

The dps between a rogue and a mage is pretty much equal.

The staying alive in boss fights factor rogues are the underdogs

All in all rogues are not doing there job properly imo as i hve said many times there dps is ment to be the best so why for there damage over time skill suck. At level 50 yes 50! I do 750 damage per tick on stats page. At level 44 a friend of mine does 2.3k vines! At level 44 o.o!!! By the time its 50 it would be close to 2.7-2.8k. My damage over time buff should be doing at least 1.5k per tick... :/

Also bosses defence and pirece resist are so high that our autos mean nothing now which is sad i would like to see all resist on all bosses equal o give each class a fair chance of taking it out and all bosses defence needs to be halved.

Rangers are currently worse off though but a slight change is needed for rogues as a drastic one is needed for rangers imo.
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

This is not sarcastic in any way. What is the purpose of rogues?
Dps? Sure they can dps but are useless at boss fights because of kiting and rooting and mages do 2x as much damage
Support? A couple of support skills but dont help much compared to healing or lures
Tanking? Not at all cant keep aggro and get shredded because of low armor(which im fine with because we arnt meant to have high armor)
Healing? Lol not in any way can they heal

At bosses i sit back and do nothing but kill an occasional add or poison rangers:/
If i get close furious sweep or tribal blade kills me even with high vit
So i just afk bosses or heal with my druid
So what good is a 177+ rogue at bosses besides poisoning rangers?
If i try to smokebomb or expose weakness i get killed before i can even cast
I would like to be the best at something
Currently we are 2nd best damage, 4th best support, tied at 2nd for taking hits with rangers,

Yes this is a complaint but i would like to feel like i have some worth at bosses.
My clanmates try to be positive and tell me add control is important which it is but we only kill an occational 1-4 adds
I want to be the best at something or just as good
As of right now i feel more like a burden then an asset
Please OTM think this over
I feel like retiring my rogue and leveling my mage because of this
The best way i could think of doing this is giving rogues assasin lure and throwing daggers!
true in this update rogues getting hammerd :/ eveytime on my rogue lvl 157 i get one shot n stuff plus the curse makes it even harder hopefully we can get though this update :)

Aara i hate to tell you but rogues are not best dps anymore and i dont believe best add control either. On normal mobs arhan and hector manage to out dps me more times then not. On bosses its about even but they can kill the adds without them getting touched. I hve to use many pots to beat add even if i do it efficiently.

I will agree out support is decent but its nothing compared to a mages we might help them hit 50% more they increase out hits by 400% there is no comparison there.

The dps between a rogue and a mage is pretty much equal.

The staying alive in boss fights factor rogues are the underdogs

All in all rogues are not doing there job properly imo as i hve said many times there dps is ment to be the best so why for there damage over time skill suck. At level 50 yes 50! I do 750 damage per tick on stats page. At level 44 a friend of mine does 2.3k vines! At level 44 o.o!!! By the time its 50 it would be close to 2.7-2.8k. My damage over time buff should be doing at least 1.5k per tick... :/

Also bosses defence and pirece resist are so high that our autos mean nothing now which is sad i would like to see all resist on all bosses equal o give each class a fair chance of taking it out and all bosses defence needs to be halved.

Rangers are currently worse off though but a slight change is needed for rogues as a drastic one is needed for rangers imo.
ikr we are getting over dpsed by mages dps warriors n some dps druids ik a warrior that does 3k pummel wtf is that

I dont seee why rouges complain :/
Every rouge in my clan I'd happy
A rouge always gets kills you guys must havr some garbage builds I mean god rouges I talk to are happpy maybe mages get close to you guys dps but how cares u still get the killls which means urs is better clearly
I don't know a single mage no matter how geard tht can killl over a rpuge with equal gear so uea I domt see the problem
Fiz your builf ull get kills till then be quiet
Last edited by iBenYourBro on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners train
Losers complain
We do work
Alskar Rosemerta
Supa....Druid 180 (I killed hrun weooo full dragon offhand and wep)
iBenYourBro....rouge 80+

Brookie if your getting out dpsd on 6* on heroic hastes with full dlord and weap your doing something wrong. Seem to always get kill now that i finished my dlord stuff.
World - Mabon
-Bluntm4n- Rogue 225 EDL armor and MH/OH
-B0las- Ranger 211 EDL armor DL MH/OH
-YellaHeals- Druid 200 DL armor and MH/OH
Clan - Elite