Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage survive ability

Where does it say in that discription you can take a deent amount of damage. You are not asking for mages to hve auto? Have you seen the mainhand dragon weapon?? 100 crush damage on it.... But thats not the point rogues already are secon in dps terms well i would say joint first. If you increase mages dps then we will be second. In boss fights rogues are already the most useless class to have there which is a joke. Rogues need more dps so do rangers warriors are ok and druid have far worse energy issues then mages.
Mages have great dps
Are great in pvp
Are great at kiteing as the agro they hold
Have amazing indirect dps
Can energy heal
Have problems soloing but is possible to do with alot of plat
Have energy problem bug ones which they can sort themselves

Rogues
Have great dps (same as mage)
Good indirect dps(much worse then mage though)
Decent at pvp
Can solo but only with alot of plat

Rangers
Crap dps
Crap pvp
Good heal
Good support
Possibly most important skill in game bolas and kiteing cant happen without them
Can solo without plat but not effectivly

Druids
Have great dps
Great heal and buffs
Idk on pvp potential to be average i would say
Massive energy issues whih they can not keep up with without plat
Impossible to solo with this class

Warriors
Crap dps
Great pvp
Amazing tanks
Can control adds like no other
Hard to solo
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Mages have actually always had a decent weapon in terms of damage it provided like frozen offered 65 crush ( i believe) while a sword offered 90 slash. A 25 point difference but the warrior is melee built so thats not to much imo it just took str to use the weapon but of course a mage would think str is stupid but if u want a decent auto u use str if u have no str then u have no right to complain on the auto damage.

Mages have great dps
Are great in pvp
Can energy heal
Really? youve got to be kidding me Brookie.
Have you tried dueling as a mage in pvp? EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SKILL WE HAVE IS HALVED!!!!!!!
our "inderict" dps is only there so our skills can acctualy do some damage
no mage is gonna heal your energy in a boss fight because a) it will kill him b) he dosnt have energy to cast it!!!
Can solo... as long as you have platinum... -.-
and dont even get me started on energy problems
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

Mage wep is 55 magic damage for Frozen not that it really matters we r so busy casting spells you don't get time to auto so it wouldn't matter even if it was 1k the only reason we even equip a main hand wep is for the bonuses it gives to skills
And the point of this topic is not about who can level the easiest or who has most dps its about armour and survivability because at the moment mages get 1/3 of the armour of our nearest rival and very little extra damage in return
And When all the big nerfs hit mages admin said he was going to address the survivorbility of mages to remove what he described as there binary status his words not mine
All i want to know is what has happened on this ?
Doing Magic stuff since June 2011

Oh hey, I actually found where admin said that. I was wondering what drizzt was talking about, lol.
Hi there, we have been doing extensive testing and are looking into ways to make energy shield a better gameplay mechanic, currently it's very binary either you have a shield or you die which isn't that great. There should be several strategies rather than having to have a shield all the time, so with that in mind we will be looking into any suggestions about this. As always we will also be listening to any requests resulting in balance such as this one.
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ge#p253539

Mages have great dps
Are great in pvp
Can energy heal
Really? youve got to be kidding me Brookie.
Have you tried dueling as a mage in pvp? EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SKILL WE HAVE IS HALVED!!!!!!!
our "inderict" dps is only there so our skills can acctualy do some damage
no mage is gonna heal your energy in a boss fight because a) it will kill him b) he dosnt have energy to cast it!!!
Can solo... as long as you have platinum... -.-
and dont even get me started on energy problems
:lol: brookie should be in marketing. Such sunny lenses lol. let me respond to each point just for kicks.

Mages have great dps (actually mages DPS is roughly equal with rogues if we are lucky)
Are great in pvp (mages are horrible in pvp)
Are great at kiteing as the agro they hold (Not really because if a boss casts a skill on you, you're dead. Also our range is worse than rangers)
Have amazing indirect dps (at the cost of direct DPS)
Can energy heal (baaarley enough to keep us afloat, we can't energy heal anyone else if we want to cast ourselves)
Have problems soloing but is possible to do with alot of plat (Correct! or with a pocket druid)
Have energy problem bug ones which they can sort themselves (Ya not too easy to sort. We have to use full energy regen lux which means no extra DPS)
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

One thing i just remembered about an idea in beta that imo would help mages solo better without really changing their armor as imo being a cloth based class they should have lower armor. The idea mentioned was to make the freeze skill not break on contact with other ice based skills meaning an ice mage could use freeze cast their ice spells without it breaking which should give them time to finish 1-2* mobs easily while still having some challenge with higher * mobs like other classes. There would need to be some minor tweaks for pvp and other small instances but since it would only work with i e based skills it won't be op imo.