Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rogue pvp guide

Hey i have been a pvp rogue for a while and pretty sweet at it all warrior wont duel mean and ranger too only a few mages on my server can beat me so here is what i suggest to you.

I will be focusing on higher lvl as thats where rogues can compete at pvp better.

My build.

100-150 str (anymore then that is a complete waste as you houjs get some nice str from your gear)

5-100 dex (dex is great but too much and you can't have enough vit to survive)

10 focus ( you don't need as you won't e using any damage skills apart from maybe 1 or 2)

Vit what ever you have left.

Ok ima break it down into different classes and what skills you should be using for them. When your about to pvp someone first alway check there gear its so important to have a good look at players gear to know what you have to do.

Skills you can chise from
- fast reflex a must against all melee classes
- posions its none resistance rocks its amazing
- smoke bomb pretty good depends on players gear
- quick strike there is only 1 time and place you should use this
- play dead in arena and against mages this works fantastic. Aswell as rangers.

Every point is key make sure fast and posion are deffo maxed what ever u need for playdead and then smoke between 25-35 and rest for quick.

Now there are different ways to fight each different class. Lets start with a warrior.

So first check there gear. Warriors will usually be wearing full frozen which adds defence you need to get rid of that defence and you have the perfect skill for it. Smoke bomb. Of corse before the fight make sure ur buffed with posion and fast( if you really wanna be checky swap a few rings about to boost your skills at start.) now get away from that warrior and run. He will chase u by the time he the duel starts and he takes his first hit you already have smoke bomb on him. This will make you save a possible hit he could do. By then its auto all the way through untill you think u can hit his last little bit of hp with quick then use it and you have won.

The gear you should use is radiant (frozen should do greater is good aswell) i suggest radiant helm or a damage one if not. Dagger brace or high damage brace. A blade offhand and frozen dagger if your lucky enough to have. I have also heard cruel knife is good but i prefer frozen.

Rangers. Lets get striaght into it you will need to follow these and not waste time just start attacking dont use smoke or bolas will be up and its to late. As soon as bolas hits use quick strike to give that last bit of damage before they run then playdead is your best friend. Use it wait till bolas goes and attack by then there hp should be very low or dead even with a good heal the damage you will be doing will make them suffer.

Radiant again is great for the defence. You will need as much damage as possible so go for a damage helm as you want to kill them before they get chance to shoot away at you.

Druids. This is same as ranger as they can root. Follow them and attack use playdead if needed but druids tend to get hit hard. If you find your getting killed alot by a druid swap to frozen esp if theydont use rootings

Mages... Ok this is by far the hardest class to beat and a good mage you will never beat but there are ways of pushing those slightly less decent mages down... We all know the two energy shield trick well when they ask to duel wait till there enrgy sheild reaches 35 secs and accept buff urself with posion then as soon as duel starts play dead. That energy sheild is gonnna run out and he will have to cast a new one as soon as u see him cast pop up and attack. If he is using cloak ur gonna be hurt so use skills where you can. If his cloak is weak go full auto. The chances are unless the mage really knows what he is doing he will lose from ur play dead trick as they depend on there double shield alot.

Gear is hard for this one. Have they got fire lure? If not use frozen every time. If they have frozen and radiant are equal. Radiant might edge it in some cases. U need to have alot of hp so i suggest radiant helm or frozen damage helm is as good as frozen though. If you can get decent heat resist brace then thats a great find try not to compromise to much of your damage though.

Arena fights. You want sigils cause play dead+sigils= angry people
Sigils work in arena and combining them with play dead allows you to really cause some chaos when fighting someone with more sigils then u or a mage or druid that like to fly on broom and use there sigils use rend even if lvl one and cut across arena floor to meet them at other side(speed boots are needed) the use quick they should only get 1 tick back and u joules be doing alot more damage then that.

If your in arena fighting a warrior with sigils that are greater then urs u hve a massive advantage
Rend him and play dead then when ur ready his sigils will not o worked while ur back at full hp.

Tips. Dex means nothing against casters
Keep close to people who can range attack or they get a few extra hits each fight.
Skills like sneak and assasinate are usless they he interipted so much for so lil damage that u shouldn't use

Feel free to add stuff i have missed.

Brookie1
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Re: Rogue pvp guide

This is an awesome guide, Brookie.. Definitely have me beat on PvP knowledge!

1 thing i would say is that using a slower than normal, but powerful weapon on Mages with a good cloak may be beneficial. I personally find best results in a Trident, however Obsidian Pike can work for the starting hit, but after that starting hit it is best to switch.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Great guide written by a great player. One thing i havnt realized is that sigils work with play dead. Ill have to get some sigils then i guess
(Not whilst soloing with mobs btw.. The mob resets) :lol:
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Excellent Guide Brookie!

reminds me of this quote from arguably the worlds greatest swords man / dueller to live. Miyamoto Musashi.
"Know your enemy, know his sword."

Also just to add, with dueling other Rogues I like to stand close and throw a quick strike beginning of battle just to be sure i interrupt his Sneaky Attack.

This is a great guide for lvl 80+ doing alteration after ruining their stats. Otherwise wtf? I'm a beginner rogue.. So no where in this guide or any others so far have I found a way to distribute my points each lvl. I can't add 150 str 50 Rex rest VIT at lvl 2. I thought guides were for beginners????......

This is a great guide for lvl 80+ doing alteration after ruining their stats. Otherwise wtf? I'm a beginner rogue.. So no where in this guide or any others so far have I found a way to distribute my points each lvl. I can't add 150 str 50 Rex rest VIT at lvl 2. I thought guides were for beginners????......
Make one.
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Make one.

I'm a lvl 2 rogue you are 172. Yeah it's me that should make one