Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

how do i become a DPS Rogue??

Okay, I am actually a ranger, lvl 81 Ranger "Dominator6 (SulisLegends)
And i made a rogue a while ago and started playing it. Its now a level 17, but i am wanting to know how to become a fast rogue, like a dps thing
Like what should i use my attribute points on to become a dps?
the current stats for my lvl 17 rogue is: strength: 45 Dex: 30 Focus:15 Vit:20

WHAT should i actually use my att points to become a dps rogue?
Ranger Account
Rogue Account

Re: how do i become a DPS Rogue??

First tip,lv a bit more so u get more of an experience of usin a rogue and look at the top of this forum,these stickied topics are not put there for nothing,read them and find out which one suits you.
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

OK, I'll bite.

Full disclosure: I'm a lvl 153 rogue so trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

I can see how you can be misguided into playing the rogue intuitively thinking it'll lead you to a DPS build. Clearly, after your 17 levels of extensive rogue experience, you should be one-shotting mobs. This disconnect between reality and your perception is entirely the games fault but fret not; I'm here to help.

First, your stats. Add all your stat points to Vit and Focus; say 90/10. Despite the fact that Str increases your damage and Dex increases your attack, they do not increase your DPS. Only Vit and Focus will do that.

For skills, max out bandage wounds, hide, fast reflexes, and meditate. Why?
Bandage wounds: longer you stay alive the more damage you can inflict. Voila. DPS
Hide: why waste time on simple, one-star mobs? Sneak around them to mobs at least 30 lvls above yourself and unleash the pain of a real DPS, which you'll be by the end of this guide.
Fast reflexes: the faster you react, the faster you hit back. Makes sense, right?
Meditate: extreme focus, zen, inner peace, in the zone, etc. Increases your chance of inflicting the death touch on mobs. Death touch = infinite DPS.

Now let's talk about gear. All this earthstone stuff everyone talks about being the best DPS equipment? Rubbish. Bloodlust helms? Scrap metal. Even the daggers that the rogue quest forces upon you is an effort to lead you astray from performing the DPS task of a rogue. Again I'll break down the equipment you need.

Head: bone is harder and denser than leather. True story. Ditch that flimsy leather helm OTM saddles you with in the beginning. All those cowls that are sold in the castle? Made of leather. Catch my drift? Your noggin will stand up to the abuse better and keep you alive longer. Being alive means you can do your thing you awesome DPS you.

Body, legs, feet: see head above.

Main hand weapon: I'm gonna say it again. Do not let OTM decieve you into thinking the dagger or any other weapon is productive for a DPS. For ultimate damage the bare hands come in second only to the war torch dropped by the Picts near the beach. It will take you 5 seconds to farm one though but really, who has that kind of time?!?! Not you of course, considering you probably wasted 2 minutes looking at the stickied threads in this section only to find out they were a bunch of lies. Just stick with your bare hands and serve up them knuckle sandwiches.

Offhand: not too many options at your level but it doesn't matter. You know why? Cause there's only one thing better than a knuckle sandwich and that's TWO knuckle sandwiches!!!

Necklace, rings, and bracelets: have you ever watched Bruce Lee fight? How about wrestlers? Boxers? MMA? Gladiators? Good. Then I'm sure you've noticed a common theme amongst them all. They don't wear jewelry to weigh them down!!! DPSs needs to be lean, mean, damage-inflicting, killing machines. Save the bling for the women. And believe me, there will be hordes of women once they see the awesomeness of your DPS.

Hope that helps! DPS away!!!

OK, I'll bite.

Full disclosure: I'm a lvl 153 rogue so trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

I can see how you can be misguided into playing the rogue intuitively thinking it'll lead you to a DPS build. Clearly, after your 17 levels of extensive rogue experience, you should be one-shotting mobs. This disconnect between reality and your perception is entirely the games fault but fret not; I'm here to help.

First, your stats. Add all your stat points to Vit and Focus; say 90/10. Despite the fact that Str increases your damage and Dex increases your attack, they do not increase your DPS. Only Vit and Focus will do that.

Bandage wounds: longer you stay alive the more damage you can inflict. Voila. DPS
Hide: why waste time on simple, one-star mobs? Sneak around them to mobs at least 30 lvls above yourself and unleash the pain of a real DPS, which you'll be by the end of this guide.
Fast reflexes: the faster you react, the faster you hit back. Makes sense, right?
Meditate: extreme focus, zen, inner peace, in the zone, etc. Increases your chance of inflicting the death touch on mobs. Death touch = infinite DPS.

Now let's talk about gear. All this earthstone stuff everyone talks about being the best DPS equipment? Rubbish. Bloodlust helms? Scrap metal. Even the daggers that the rogue quest forces upon you is an effort to lead you astray from performing the DPS task of a rogue. Again I'll break down the equipment you need.

Head: bone is harder and denser than leather. True story. Ditch that flimsy leather helm OTM saddles you with in the beginning. All those cowls that are sold in the castle? Made of leather. Catch my drift? Your noggin will stand up to the abuse better and keep you alive longer. Being alive means you can do your thing you awesome DPS you.

Main hand weapon: I'm gonna say it again. Do not let OTM decieve you into thinking the dagger or any other weapon is productive for a DPS. For ultimate damage the bare hands come in second only to the war torch dropped by the Picts near the beach. It will take you 5 seconds to farm one though but really, who has that kind of time?!?! Not you of course, considering you probably wasted 2 minutes looking at the stickied threads in this section only to find out they were a bunch of lies. Just stick with your bare hands and serve up them knuckle sandwiches.

Offhand: not too many options at your level but it doesn't matter. You know why? Cause there's only one thing better than a knuckle sandwich and that's TWO knuckle sandwiches!!!

Necklace, rings, and bracelets: have you ever watched Bruce Lee fight? How about wrestlers? Boxers? MMA? Gladiators? Good. Then I'm sure you've noticed a common theme amongst them all. They don't wear jewelry to weigh them down!!! DPSs needs to be lean, mean, damage-inflicting, killing machines. Save the bling for the women. And believe me, there will be hordes of women once they see the awesomeness of your DPS.

+1
Ranger Account
Rogue Account

OK, I'll bite.

My god you are amazing, i will add this to the sticky as an example of what to read if you don't feel like reading guides
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out