Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Reverse Engineered how armor effects PVP damage

Each time you hit the game uses a random number generator to pick a value between your max and half your max. So your average damage will be 75% of your listed max and your Minimum damage will be half your Max damage. Of course this is only against a mob with zero armor.

Max is the auto damage that is listed on your stats page
Average damage = 75% of max
Min damage = 50% of max

Your Max damage and the opponents Armor determine what percentage of your damage makes it through the armor using this formula:
% damage taken = Max/(Max+Armor/2)

You take your max damage as listed in your stats page say it is 400,
And say the armor of your opponent is 200,
The % damage you opponent will take is 400/(400+100) or 80% of the random damage you do.
Since you will average 75% or 300 per swing, the average damage your opponent will take is 240.

This was done in the arena with a level 91 druid who did 125 damage. And a level 91 warrior who took off pieces of armor to get different armor values.
850 data points were taken to calculate 8 values for the average, max and min damage.
This formula fits very nicely over the data points taken.
Not included is how your damage is effected by the level of the mob. That is next.

Edited to state this is pvp only. Pve is still a mystery.
Last edited by Papi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Re: Reverse Engineered how armor effects damage

Good job! Armor effects only physical damage yes?

Will you be studying dmg resistance soon?
Resistance is not on my todo list. I will have to think of how to do it.

Hmmmmm

There are a lot of armor options compared to resistance options. Perhaps if I use the new dark shadow armor and use elemental off hands with punching or a Mage casting. But u need two toons the same level to make sure that isn't a problem.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm sure you wouldn't mind me testing this, myself. I will use my info and another player's info to confirm this.

So the higher your max, the more of a chance to hit your max? Max damage plays a role here? Someone with a different damage stat will experience damage reduction, in percentage, differently? What I'm saying is that if you use a constant armor value, but differant max damages, you get different reductions which doesn't make sense. Of course you hit higher on average with a larger max, but do you really do a different percentage of damage?

If we are all to agree on this, everything must be proven. Using my info from my testing, with larger hits (more accuracy), I found a different reduction from a mob. From the data I collected, I recorded each and every hit, the average hit damage, the highest hit damage, the lowest hit damage, the armor valur I used for those points, and the reduction of damage for the average, max, and lowest damage. I did a total 10 tests (including 0 armor to receive data for no reduction).

On a side note, I'm pretty sure resistances work the same way. Armor plays as 3 different resistances, and what's to say that the physical and elemental resistances work differently?
Last edited by Sir Blaze333 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

So the higher your max, the more of a chance to hit your max? Max damage plays a role here? Someone with a different damage stat will experience damage reduction, in percentage, differently? What I'm saying is that if you use a constant armor value, but differant max damages, you get different reductions which doesn't make sense. Of course you hit higher on average with a larger max, but do you really do a different percentage of damage?
?
The higher your max the more damage makes it through. That percentage is fixed based on your max and his armor. The damage you could have done is always a random number between your max and half your max. You roll to hit, you hit, you roll damage and you roll a 300 now you reduce it by the armor effect percentage which we have been discussing.

The method you were using depended on fighting mobs which meant there was always an unknown, the mobs stats. That is why I used a controlled environment, same level toons in the arena. If we can get confirmation then we can use the formula to determine a mobs max damage and armor.

There was a comment on the diff between 1.5k and 2k armor. Well it is a 25% difference. If the mob is doing 1k damage then the armor is only half of the denominator so that 25% change is cut in half twice so it only has a 7% effect.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70

My question was if armor has a cap of effectiveness for example after i use stance im usually taking half the normal damage so on mobs that deal 200 after stance i take 100 but if i increase my armor by the same amount as my stance again. For example starting armor is 600 after stance 1200 after final buff 1800 im usually taking around 80 points of damage. This makes me wonder if after a certain point of armor its not needed to go farther if ur sacrificing points.

Just 2 questions

1. What was the higher armor stats you got .
2. Did you test other classes fluctuation damage 50 to 75% seens to high for what i have seen for 100s hours soloing

Just thougth i have seen the opposite the lower the damage the more accurate damage is done 50% to 60% so any players with low damage will do more 50% to 65%.
Inactive player .

En este juego , mientras tanto otros juegos se llevan mi plata.